Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 04:45:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

This weeks pick ups - CDs, LPs.. cassettes.. and errr Bits?

Started by wasp_f15ting, July 08, 2018, 01:56:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasp_f15ting

Love the Vinyl find thread, but I thought it'd be nice to see what people are buying on a weekly basis.
Enthusiasts prop up the industry according this article:-
https://eraltd.org/news-events/press-releases/2018/how-high-spending-superfans-are-powering-the-entertainment-market/

So lets see whats in your bags!
These are some highlights from this week for me, got the window licker CD after watching the documentary posted here.

To be honest the only reason I got the two LPs is because they looked rude.. but they are actually really nice!

Sebastian Cobb

This arrived the other day

Before that I bought this - they were the support act for Parliament-Funkadelic.

wasp_f15ting

thraxx

Sebastian Cobb

wasp_f15ting

A bit of crate digging in the Vinyl Exchange in Manchester today. Really like the Ry Cooder record, first came across him on Prodigal Son. This older record is pretty epic and pretty cheap!

Picked up this Ebay lot.

What caught my intrest was the Jackanory cassettes.

wasp_f15ting

Oddly enough I can imagine the W&G tapes being nice and relaxing!

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on July 09, 2018, 09:09:04 PM
A bit of crate digging in the Vinyl Exchange in Manchester today. Really like the Ry Cooder record, first came across him on Prodigal Son. This older record is pretty epic and pretty cheap!
If you're ever there around 12.15 on a weekday and see an exhausted looking pale, skinny tall guy flicking round the racks, theres' a decent chance it's me.

I think the last thing I bought there was Graham Parker's "The Up Escalator".

wasp_f15ting

Were you there today?

I was the only Indian guy down there today :P

The Culture Bunker

Quote from: wasp_f15ting on July 09, 2018, 09:41:53 PM
Were you there today?

I was the only Indian guy down there today :P
I've actually skipped it for the last couple of weeks due to the heat making the 10/15 shank up to that end of town (and then back again) not so attractive, what with me being a lazy twat.

When the temp drops, I'll go back to throwing a few quid in the tills again on CDs that I might listen to once and then never again.

wasp_f15ting

It was roasting in there today.

I'll keep an eye out for you when it gets a bit cooler