Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:28:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Theresa May: The Final Days

Started by Mark Steels Stockbroker, July 08, 2018, 10:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Interesting week ahead, I can't see May lasting much longer now, I think Johnson will resign lest he get himself attached to the sinking HMS May like Gove.

Surely heading for another GE, I would've said the Tory vote would collapse after the Brexit betrayal at Chequers, but if enough senior Tories distance themselves from that clusterfuck then their support may not drift back to UKIP in protest

Fair play though guys, your appalling attempts to undermine the biggest vote in our history appear to have succeeded at least in part, not sure what the long term consequences will be for our democracy though - your new pinups Adonis, Gina Miller, Soros will no doubt form part of our future

As Corbyn said straight after the vote, we should've issued article 50 the very next day

I would've added that we then should have spent all our efforts writing all the new required regulations and deals with the rest of the world, telling the EU where to find us if they wanted anything other than a WTO trade agreement

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quoteyour appalling attempts to undermine the biggest vote in our history

I thought Number 10 did that. If CaB has this much power, then great!

I didn't previously support a second referendum but I think there needs to be one which outlines potential Brexits people actually want, including none of the above and remaining in the EU. You can't have a situation where two sets of people claim there is a democratic mandate for two or more fundamentally different outcomes. Likewise we can't complete this process and still have turds on the periphery claiming it wasn't proper. That's what we will have.

Replies From View

I'm not normally into firework displays, but there's something quite pleasing about this one.

bgmnts

All of these cunts will still have multiple homes, millions in the bank, incredible job security and will land on their feet anywhere.

Let that sink in.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on July 09, 2018, 08:18:17 AM
All of these cunts will still have multiple homes, millions in the bank, incredible job security and will land on their feet anywhere.

Let that sink in.

Yeah I hope they land on their feet as planned, except in quicksand.

SEND IN THE MINIGUN DEATH SQUADS

ERASE

ERASE

ERASE

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on July 09, 2018, 08:18:17 AM

Let that sink in.

Any excitement is most likely due to Corbyn inching closer to power wherein the conditions yielding those injustices will be addressed.

mothman

Quote from: Paulie Walnuts on July 09, 2018, 07:34:49 AM
Fair play though guys, your appalling attempts to undermine the biggest vote in our history appear to have succeeded at least in part, not sure what the long term consequences will be for our democracy though - your new pinups Adonis, Gina Miller, Soros will no doubt form part of our future

As Corbyn said straight after the vote, we should've issued article 50 the very next day

I would've added that we then should have spent all our efforts writing all the new required regulations and deals with the rest of the world, telling the EU where to find us if they wanted anything other than a WTO trade agreement

State of this. That's a winning Brexit Bingo card right there. Soros! Gina Miller! "Biggest vote in history!" That "we" are undermining - no mention of all the well-reported ways in it was undermined before it even happened. And of course the fervently-clung-to belief that the whole world is queueing up to offer trade deals if only we can dudysbce ourselves from the pernicious EU.

Jack Shaftoe

Cameron was such an idiot not to set up two referendums: one on whether to leave, and a second a bit later on the terms of the deal.

Another referendum would surely sort it, wouldn't it? I'm a massive remainer, but if people voted to leave a second time, in the full knowledge the bus was proved to be bollocks, not all the forrins will be thrown out, the Russians were propping up Vote Leave, who also broke a number of election rules and we might have to leave the single market, I'd give up and think 'fine, just get on with it then'.

I suppose if it's massively close, like 51% remain, that's not going to heal the rift in the Tory party, but tough shit, that's on them.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

The continuing problem is the referendum result doesn't give a mandate for a particular settlement with the EU, only a general over-arching one, yet the differences between no-deal and remaining in the customs union and single market are vast.

There is no mandate for how we reach the goal or what the specifics of the goal are. The quicker this is acknowledged the quicker people can stop pretending their Brexit was the real Brexit when there is no democratic information of any substance backing that up. The only way such information can be gathered is to go back to the public. After all I thought their democratic voice was the most precious and exquisite sound in existence so leavers will be cool with that, yeah?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Btw, I think hard Brexit would win that vote so I don't see what their issue is. They even get to take the credit when things go really well.

jobotic

Quote from: mothman on July 09, 2018, 08:30:30 AM
State of this. That's a winning Brexit Bingo card right there. Soros! Gina Miller! "Biggest vote in history!" That "we" are undermining - no mention of all the well-reported ways in it was undermined before it even happened. And of course the fervently-clung-to belief that the whole world is queueing up to offer trade deals if only we can dudysbce ourselves from the pernicious EU.

It's also word-for-word what Corbyn fan Biggy could have written. How odd.

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 09, 2018, 01:14:50 AM
His signature is like a German yes-man blotto on his back.

I've decided to believe that he's signed that 'Dickie Davies'.

shiftwork2

Is that letter standard protocol for throwing in a ministerial towel?  You can feel the smugness and priapism building throughout the waffle.  'And this halfway point will be when she says 'oh no''.  The only content is the last few words.  What a weird man, should have stuck to his FA duties.

jobotic

Apparently he wouldn't be capable of delivering May's Brexit. This shit writes itself.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

RAAB IN

Which is weird as I thought he was a Brexit at all costs sort, bigger leaver than Davis. Although Davis has left which by any leaving standards is pretty full on fucking leaving.

mothman

Quote from: jobotic on July 09, 2018, 09:12:41 AM
It's also word-for-word what Corbyn fan Biggy could have written. How odd.

(I really need to stop posting to CaB on my phone. My typing is atrocious when I do)

Blumf

Is this a picture of the Novichok poisoner?

jobotic

Quote from: mothman on July 09, 2018, 10:38:21 AM
(I really need to stop posting to CaB on my phone. My typing is atrocious when I do)

I meant what Paulie wrote, not you.

Thomas

New Jack

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 09, 2018, 10:38:13 AM
RAAB IN

Which is weird as I thought he was a Brexit at all costs sort, bigger leaver than Davis. Although Davis has left which by any leaving standards is pretty full on fucking leaving.

He is! I assume she did this to snub Gove or something. Seems an odd thing anyway to get rid of a full-on Brexiteer who storms off because of ideological differences, which could be finagled to her benefit with a canny replacement to shore up her own strategy... but plonks in another full-on Brexiteer with the same ideological differences, although he's a noob to the cabinet so presumably to May(?) will tow the line out of blind loyalty or whatevs.

Fun

Who knew that spending two years promising stuff you know full well you can't actually deliver on the international stage in a vain attempt to damage your domestic opposition would end in catastrophe?

Alberon

May must be into her final days at number 10. But whatever happens the Tories will do everything they can to avoid a general election. May's Brexit policy would no doubt be watered down even more after the EU was through with it, and it would be a Brexit that precisely no one would want.

Boris is keeping very very quiet today. He desperately wants the top job but always seems to bottle it when he gets close.

May only stayed in office by avoiding any decisions. The second she cobbles together a plan, even a ramshackle one like this, the whole thing explodes.

But, again, I don't think we're any closer to a new General Election or a 2nd referendum.

buttgammon

mothman

Quote from: jobotic on July 09, 2018, 10:52:11 AM
I meant what Paulie wrote, not you.

I know. But seeing my awful typing so highlighted...

How do the Tory party do it? One incompetent unlikeable cunt departs and another is already on his way hours later like some kind of conveyor belt.

Paul Calf

mothman

This is the way it's always been, back to Republican Rome or before. Privileged arseholes playing the system, biding their time until it's their turn in the top jobs. They only go off the reservation if that process is threatened - like when they feared Julius Caesar would become a monarch, thus losing their own chance to rule (even if for just one year as one of two Consuls; in fact the Consular roles did survive under the Emperors, as did the Senate, but as toothless nonentities). Likewise, May is safe in her job as long as the jobs for the old white guys boys are still there; if she threatens that they'll get rid of her. The difficulty right now is in the current situation there's no easy way to get rid of her without potentially ending up with a GE they might lose, thereby ending their cushy reign.

GMTV

Then welcome, in Raaaaaaaaaabbbbbbbbbb