Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,578,495
  • Total Topics: 106,671
  • Online Today: 1,086
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 05:59:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

New Sacha Baron Cohen show

Started by up_the_hampipe, July 08, 2018, 11:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hecate

Aw, that doesn't seem fair.
Barry isn't a robot, he'll see your "syntax error" warnings for the false positives they are and allow the humans to continue expressing themselves.

Yes, even the thick ones!

Ballad of Ballard Berkley

Whether you liked this show or not, you have to admit that this dry, matter-of-fact description from that Guardian article is funny.

QuoteBaron Cohen's latest show, which began airing in July, has drawn in several other political figures. In one episode the former Arizona sheriff and Senate candidate Joe Arpaio argued the benefits of gun ownership to a tiny toy doughnut.

RenegadeScrew

I think I've seen all the episodes and I'm still of the same opinion that it is brilliant in bits and terrible in other bits.  The difference is quite startling at times.  When he hits, it is almost like a magic show in terms of how unbelievable it is.  I presume there is a bit of editing to make preposterous people seem even more preposterous. 

They must at least edit out a decent amount of persuasion.  Or/and maybe (a bit like magic) he just goes through enough people before he finds a guy willing to get his arse out to fight terrorism.

And eh.....I thought Barley was good and Four Lions was tremendous.

monolith

I think there was probably 2 or 3 episodes worth of absolute gold within the 7. Too much padding but worth wading through the not so good stuff for the good shit.

Dr Rock

Yeah it was a 4/10 from me. Good character work, some good jokes, but the whole point was catching stupid people out and that didn't happen nearly enough.

holyzombiejesus

Have any of the 'normal' people who were duped issued any responses? I'm thinking about the guy in the last episode in particular;obviously a cunt but you'd think his life would be in tatters after intentionally 'killing' someone.

St_Eddie