Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:11:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Almost" bands/songs

Started by Clownbaby, July 09, 2018, 11:11:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

There's some bands or songs that I often listen to because they're kind of almost there. I always forget that their songs aren't quite as good as I remember. The Amazons are one of these bands for me, this song in particular is clearly going for the slinky desert rock thing that QOTSA (who I love) do, and I quite like the song but it's just missing that something. I don't know if it's the guy's voice or what

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SEBkSFvxNOM

And then you've got bands like Royal Blood and Highly Suspect that also go for the desert rock thing but it doesn't feel like it comes naturally to them at all. It's not just "desert rock" bands though, there's so many artists that I casually listen to and I'm just thinking eh that could have been just that little bit better and I would have really liked it. Same with Muse, but they went from being a much better band to being an almost version of themselves. I was allover Muse when I was 13. Don't give a shit about them now.