Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:40:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Reno 911!

Started by Clownbaby, July 09, 2018, 12:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Anyone a fan of this? Easiest and laziest way I can describe it is Cops meets Always Sunny. Morally broken Reno sheriff's department mockumentary. One of the team openly admits to being a paedophile multiple times over the series and the other characters don't even bat an eyelid, I love it.

I discovered it when I caught the Reno 911! Miami movie a couple years ago, didn't know it was a series as well and thought these characters seem like they have history, shame it's just a film, then Googled it and NO, it's not just a film

Blumf

Yep, nice little show, but nobody seems to have noticed it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reno_911!

Blimey! Started in 2003!

QDRPHNC

I watched it years ago, and coincidentally just started a rewatch in the last few days. Far smarter and funnier than you would think, although the scenes where the cops get into a scrape trying to apprehend a blurred-out drunk whooping redneck grate after a while.

Famous Mortimer

Like all shows with a heavily improvised element, not always as funny as it wishes it was, but often absolutely brilliant (and the movie was fantastic too).

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on July 09, 2018, 02:07:35 PM
Like all shows with a heavily improvised element, not always as funny as it wishes it was, but often absolutely brilliant (and the movie was fantastic too).

That's how I feel about it. I like it a fair bit but just wish it was a little tighter at times, I've no idea how scripted the movie was but it's definitely my favourite part of the whole thing.

famethrowa

Love it, and it made me a fan of Thomas Lennon, he's great in everything. Even tiny shorts

steveh

The last series with the cast changes should probably not have been made though.

wooders1978

Watched it when it came out - think it was on Comedy Central or a similar sky channel and have very fond memories - films got some great bits too

Hymenoptera

I watched the film one night while semi-drunk and thought it was great, despite the write-up initially making me a bit wary. My boyfriend introduced me to the show afterwards and I loved it. Sort of shambolic Trailer Park Boys kinda vibe to it at times, which I'm all for.

Enrico Palazzo

Strangely, I saw Thomas Lennon (with Weird Al Yankovic) on Byres Road in Glasgow yesterday.

Clownbaby

I finally got my hands on season 5, finished it and I didn't know that Garcia, Johnson and Kimball got killed off. I'm genuinely a bit upset.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Enrico Palazzo on July 11, 2018, 08:39:51 AM
Strangely, I saw Thomas Lennon (with Weird Al Yankovic) on Byres Road in Glasgow yesterday.

I'm a big fan of Lennon's, and he was one of the best things about Bajillion Dollar Properties. Shame he writes so many terrible movies though!

Clownbaby

I can't imagine him without tiny shorts and I don't want to

Clownbaby

Oh god, the 5th series might be my favourite (apart from the deaths at the end)

Weigel's Native American suspected rapist "dad" giving her a bubble bath while that ominous drone happens in the background, the camera pans back then the look Dangle gives the camera before they leave them to it... this is such an underrated show

The bit where they pull dead clown after dead clown from inside the clown car

Replies From View

Was this the one with Nicole and Papa in the adverts?

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on August 01, 2018, 05:09:32 PM
I'm a big fan of Lennon's, and he was one of the best things about Bajillion Dollar Properties. Shame he writes so many terrible movies though!

Agree with all that. But if making shit studio films allows him to make stuff like HellBaby, I'm ok with it.