Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,583,396
  • Total Topics: 106,741
  • Online Today: 811
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

3rd Rock From The Sun

Started by Clownbaby, July 10, 2018, 10:57:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

This is one of the few in front of a laughing audience shows that I still regularly watch when I'm bored. I think it's very sweet and charming and camp and John Lithgow is fabulous as usual. I wish Kristen Johnston was in more things, I think she's great. Proper jealous of her though, leggy cow. You don't really see it mentioned anywhere, full stop

EOLAN

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 10, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
This is one of the few in front of a laughing audience shows that I still regularly watch when I'm bored. I think it's very sweet and charming and camp and John Lithgow is fabulous as usual. I wish Kristen Johnston was in more things, I think she's great. Proper jealous of her though, leggy cow. You don't really see it mentioned anywhere, full stop

I remember when we started secondary school our class-head teacher a Mr Johnston derided this show. A year or so later; he must have started liking it and noticed he shared a surname with Kristen and started saying how he was related and great it was. With my memory of his prior opinion, I called BS on this statement; though I don't think anyone else remembered what I was on about.

Good show. Always enjoyed and liked the mix of characters they had. Always though Lithgow had a good dynamic with his character's crush/girlfriend.

Malcy

I haven't really seen it for a long long time but I was flickingbthrough channels one day recently and it was on. Haven't seen it since though. It's defo a show I'd like to go back and watch though.

One of the few American comedies with laughter that I can sit through as well.

magval

Aye, for a while I was watching it every morning before I left for work and properly enjoyed it, like I did when I was a youngf'lla. I smile at the thought of John Lithgow and Kurtwood Smith making the curious leap from action movie bad guys into sustained sitcom stars.

Jane Curtain is really good in it too. Joseph Gordon Levitt had it, still does, whatever it is. Should never have cut the hair.

French Stewart though? Grave, etc.

I can remember laughing too hardly, recently, at a scene in one of the later Larry Sanders where Jon Stewart chances his arm and the Network refuses to film the Wu-Tang Clan for broadcast so he looks at Artie and asks "so it's just me talking to Kirsten Johnson for an hour?". Not sure anyone could make that entertaining. Nicely encapsulates the notion of fleeting, momentary fame and bite-size talk-show value, too, if it was thought about that hard.

St_Eddie

Quote from: EOLAN on July 10, 2018, 11:06:15 AM
I remember when we started secondary school our class-head teacher a Mr Johnston derided this show. A year or so later; he must have started liking it and noticed he shared a surname with Kristen and started saying how he was related and great it was. With my memory of his prior opinion, I called BS on this statement; though I don't think anyone else remembered what I was on about.

I know that every school has their class bullshitter but it's usually the pupils!

jobotic

Who remembers Kate and Allie? Eh?

Malcy

Quote from: jobotic on July 10, 2018, 02:43:10 PM
Who remembers Kate and Allie? Eh?

Funnily enough my mum asked me if I could download this for her and I couldn't find it. It turned up on a site I use a couple of weeks ago but to save my ratio I found it elsewhere. I've never seen it but I'll give it a look.

The Bumlord

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 10, 2018, 10:57:29 AM
I wish Kristen Johnston was in more things, I think she's great. Proper jealous of her though, leggy cow.

Indeed. Cor!