Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 01:28:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Really specific, strange characterisations

Started by Clownbaby, July 10, 2018, 11:17:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I'm weirdly obsessed with the whole concept of Pierre from Tim & Eric Awesome Show, Great Job! In many ways he's the most eerily puzzling character. He's not awkward and confused like most of the other regulars, his motive for hanging out with dads is never made clear. Does he want to be a dad? Does he want a father figure? Does he like hanging out with kids, so long as they're supervised by a nice dad who can make a delicious barbecue? Is he harmful to children or is he a good soul? He's so hard to read. Then there's the obsession with spoiled meats. He also frequently gets out of his depth when he tries to sing with children, eventually becoming worried and paranoid about spoiled meats. There's such a seething grumpiness about him as well when he's performing with children. I wouldn't like to cross him. Such a rich and nuanced part of the Tim & Eric universe. The show is obviously full of bizarre characters but it's Pierre that sticks with me

Anyway I was watching Tim & Eric last night and was pissing myself at this whole bit

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WiQwHifeN_o

"Megabytes per second must be in the billions..."

There's some comedies that go the extra mile to give their characters a very particular oddness.

fucking ponderous

Pierre's good dream being about meeting a dad has always been one of my favorite T&E bits.