Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 12:33:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ever Been Hustled?

Started by Wet Blanket, July 10, 2018, 02:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 13, 2018, 09:17:46 PM
Ah, but was he  big, black and scary?

[tag]Early draft of Leviticus - Burial found[/tag]

Mr Farenheit

I was stopped by a crusty looking type in edinburgh one night who started talking to me about different herbs and stuff... I wear glasses and he told me he could 'fix my eyes' with a fennel tea. Took him a while but he eventually got to the point that he needed somewhere to stay and could he stay at my place?
He didn't ask for any money, just free accommodation. I politely turned him down but spent the walk home in a daze thinking what a close call I'd had and what would have happened if I had crumbled and said yes... how I would have explained it to my flatmates, how long he would have stayed.
Probably should have let him in so he could fix my eyes.

paruses

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on July 12, 2018, 01:29:44 AM
Actually, Paris a few years ago a French-Canadian guy spotted our accents and came up to us and, to be honest, I forget what he asked for.

I know this isn't the point of the story but were you speaking English with a Canadian accent or French with a Canadian accent - had you not mentioned Paris I wouldn't even have noticed this but it's stuck in my head.

Ferris

Quote from: paruses on July 15, 2018, 08:33:33 PM
I know this isn't the point of the story but were you speaking English with a Canadian accent or French with a Canadian accent - had you not mentioned Paris I wouldn't even have noticed this but it's stuck in my head.

I was speaking English in an Anglo-Canadian accent (and the odd stab at French which is alright but probably shitty Anglo accent), my wife was speaking French in a Franco-Canadian accent to some gendarmes. If I recall correctly, the general thrust was "should we fucking bother with the Arc de Triomphe or nah?"

Touristy area, innit? It's where these fuckos hang out (hustlers, not gendarmes, though both are often to be found in touristy places).