Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:07:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

!!! - Wimblewrong 2018 Second-Round Draw - !!!

Started by selectivememory, July 10, 2018, 07:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

selectivememory

I'll post the draw in this thread tomorrow, around 6pm BST. We're just waiting on a couple of matches, although at this point it's pretty much been determined who's qualified.

Here are the results of the completed matches (with two results still pending). Well done all on some brilliant contests, and only one(!) delayed shot in the whole round. Thanks to all who took part.

wasp_f15ing def Paul Calf (14-12)
MoonDust def seepage (20-5)
Spoon of Ploff def hummingofevil (18-7)
Pdine def kittens (19-13)
Crabwalk def Small Man Big Horse (19-8)
ziggy starbucks wins by default
Poisson Du Jour def baptist (21-7)
Absorb the anus burn def Ian Drunken Smurf (19-3)
hedgehog90 def newbridge (18-1)

kittens has qualified as a high-scoring loser, and Paul Calf and madhair60 look set to join him, with Cerys and alan nagsworth currently winning the two remaining matches yet to be called.

(edited to change the expected time of the draw tomorrow)

selectivememory

Just bumping the thread in case any of you are expecting the draw tomorrow morning. You can expect the draw around 6pm tomorrow, as I think on balance it's better to wait until all the matches have been completed. Cheers.

ziggy starbucks

rue the polywhirl

Phew. More time to turn it around. Come on votes.

selectivememory

It's all over for you I'm afraid. Another result:

Cerys def rue the polywhirl (20-3)

So with that, as expected, Paul Calf, madhair and nagsworth have all qualified, although there's still some time left to vote in that final match to determine the winner.

MoonDust

Sorry to be annoying again but I'm flying to Manchester on Friday evening and coming back on 22nd. And during that week I'm not bringing my laptop and I'm busy visiting various people.

Not ducking out, just saying there'll be a whole week where I'm inactive.

If the draw is tonight then hopefully I can get at least one shot in before Friday!

Paul Calf

Yes! I am a successful loser!

It's the dream of the lazy man.

selectivememory

Quote from: MoonDust on July 11, 2018, 06:08:51 AM
Sorry to be annoying again but I'm flying to Manchester on Friday evening and coming back on 22nd. And during that week I'm not bringing my laptop and I'm busy visiting various people.

Not ducking out, just saying there'll be a whole week where I'm inactive.

If the draw is tonight then hopefully I can get at least one shot in before Friday!

I'm not sure we can work around this without really disrupting the round, but I'll respond properly later as I have to go out and won't be back until the afternoon.

Pdine

Quote from: selectivememory on July 11, 2018, 08:45:35 AM
I'm not sure we can work around this without really disrupting the round, but I'll respond properly later as I have to go out and won't be back until the afternoon.

Why not do one shot, then let the group do a Flockdraw for the return?

selectivememory

I think eight days is too long to be away in the middle of a round. It's not fair to the opponent and it will probably delay the next round as well. And I think having a proper match is preferable, but thanks for the suggestion, Pdine.

So I think the best thing is either MoonDust finds a way to play the shot while he's away, or else we let another high-scoring loser take his place in the draw.

selectivememory

Final result is in:

alan nagsworth def madhair60 (14-10)

And as I mentioned earlier, madhair has safely qualified as a high-scoring loser.

So here's the draw:

Tie 1: wasp_f15ting - hedgehog90
Tie 2: Spoon of Ploff - Cerys
Tie 3: Pdine - Absorb the anus burn
Tie 4: Paul Calf - Crabwalk
Tie 5: Poisson Du Jour - madhair60
Tie 6: alan nagsworth - kittens
Tie 7: MoonDust - ziggy starbucks

Serves to be posted by 6pm BST on Saturday please. One high-scoring loser will progress to the quarter-finals from this round.

And just because I said I would, I'd like to remind everyone that your shots need to be either 800x600 or 600x800 pixels in size.

Thanks and good luck everyone.

Cerys

Spoon of Ploff

Ahhh c'mon. This can't be right. Damn you fate! Damn you to hell!

kittens

nagsworth - kittens GRUDGE MATCH
as it stands both of us have a pretty good chance of the other dropping out. you first buddy boy

alan nagsworth

I'm going to bum you into next week. Maybe even the week after that if my track record of faffing about between shots is anything to go by

Paul Calf

Oooh, a deadly, deadly opponent.

* Paul Calf retreats into his darkroom

ziggy starbucks

MoonDust

I might have to sadly duck out then. I could play my first shot before Friday but then I'm away until 22md before I could play my second. So it's not fair.

Sorry to let you down!

selectivememory

Quote from: MoonDust on July 11, 2018, 10:14:26 PM
I might have to sadly duck out then. I could play my first shot before Friday but then I'm away until 22md before I could play my second. So it's not fair.

Sorry to let you down!

No worries. Thanks for understanding. We can get another high-scoring loser to replace you, so it's no inconvenience.

Thanks again for playing this year.

wasp_f15ting

hedgehog90 - would you like to serve, as I did so in the previous round?

selectivememory

I'll just point out that hedgehog90 also served in the last round. A lot of servers went through, so it was unavoidable that some people would have to serve again in this round.

wasp_f15ting

Ah cool, hedge I'll serve tomorrow then if thats okay?

selectivememory

Quote from: ziggy starbucks on July 11, 2018, 09:51:16 PM
I'm banking on another DEFAULT victory

Not this time unfortunately, as Small Man Big Horse is going to step in to replace MoonDust.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: selectivememory on July 11, 2018, 10:56:39 PM
Not this time unfortunately, as Small Man Big Horse is going to step in to replace MoonDust.

Yay, I'm back!

Quote from: selectivememory on July 11, 2018, 05:59:29 PM
Tie 7: MoonDust - ziggy starbucks

Ha, I'm so fucked! :)

hedgehog90

madhair60