Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 01:17:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

A phone cable that lasts longer than a fucking week.

Started by Fry, July 11, 2018, 09:37:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fry

USB-C hopefully. Any ideas? Or at least a way to stop them breaking constantly.

I've always had good luck with the Anker range. You're looking at something like £8-10 for their most durable but they do last.

boki

Basically just don't buy 'em from the pound shop, me duck.  Even the standard £2.50 Wilko ones are noticeably better.

Sebastian Cobb

georgetaylor

Stop pulling on them really hard, they don't LIKE it.

surreal

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on July 11, 2018, 10:41:22 AM
I've always had good luck with the Anker range. You're looking at something like £8-10 for their most durable but they do last.

Another vote for Anker here - I've bought a lot of their stuff over the past few months as it seems to be consistently good quality.  I have some USB-C cables from them and they are great.

Specifically these (pack of 2 for a tenner): https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071G5YCS6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

owlboy

If you're looking for cheap ones available on the High Street I have found that the cables from Flying Tiger are pretty good.  They are typically £3 or £4 and last much better than Poundland versions. They do USB-C as well and you can get 3 metre cables for £4...

a duncandisorderly

+1 anker. lightning cables:

bought two (pink, so they wouldn't get stolen) for the work iphones, that was two years ago, still working fine, & that's with multiple users & 24/7 action.

just bought two bags of four cables each for my own use (kids, ipads)... some of these are two metres long all good. heavy duty braided.
these are even heavier than the anker, & £12 a bag of four (different lengths).

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CZZJ7F2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1