Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:10:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Good Girls (Netflix)

Started by Dr Rock, July 11, 2018, 03:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Stared watching this because Netflix suggested it and thought I'd give it five minutes and ended up watching the whole season in a couple of days. Christina Hendricks and her two female friends have money worries and dip their toes into crime by holding up a diner before things get less complicated. It really zips along with no Netflix-style mid-season slump, and while not aiming for high art and containing a fair few aren't men crap bits, here I am recommending it. Now to struggle through episode four of Luke Cage.

paruses

Exactly the same happened to me - I whizzed through the last two seasons of Crazy Ex (that takes a turn, doesn't it?) And Netflix threw this up at me. Polished it off in a couple of days.

Enjoyed the chemistry between the three protagonists (CH, Plant from AD, and Shirley from Parks). Good supporting cast although the two villains are pretty cut and paste with respects to their brands of villainy.

It felt like Breaking Bad-lite to me both in the story line and the way that the writers decided to write themselves into a corner for each episode to see how they could write themselves out. It did make it zip along and lack a slump but after a while became a a little exasperating.

Verdict:  3 bags of Meth.

DrGreggles

Mr_Simnock

Dr Rock

Oh and Rickety Cricket from Always Sunny is in it too

Custard

Thanking you for heads up on this, as we gave the first couple episodes a watch last night and Mrs Custard loves it

It's a lorra fun, and it had me hooting several times. Looking forward to the rest