Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 03:29:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who Out Of The Young Ones Is Dead?

Started by Dr Rock, July 11, 2018, 07:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Rock

Out of everyone who was ever in it. Just curious.

Dr Rock

Clive Langham

Clive Langham

magval

thraxx

Nigel Planer was on Pointless the other day and he looked like the old Draclier out of Bram Stoker's Draclier.

Replies From View

They all went over the edge in that bus.

Clive Langham

Quote from: magval on July 11, 2018, 08:02:11 PM
Who played Ftumptch, or however that's spelled.

Ftumch.

He was Shirley in the Narnia parody too.

Dr Rock

He was the third person I thought of. Then I think I assumed there would be loads more dead people but there aren't.

fucking ponderous

Quote from: Clive Langham on July 11, 2018, 07:49:09 PM
David Rappaport.

Off-topic, but in refreshing my memory on Rappaport I discovered he was the Foreign Minister of the quite interesting de facto sovereign state Fresonia (I forgot how to hide hyperlinks behind words): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frestonia

Which in turn, led me to this bizarre edit on the Wikipedia page for the Aztec Camera album named after the nation:

Icehaven

Did this with Rentaghost today by coincidence. All but about 3 of anyone who was ever in it is gorn.

Clive Langham

I'm shocked so few of the people who were in The Young Ones are dead; it's like one of those "The Curse Of..." things in reverse.

Alberon

Sgt. Duckie

Neil's Mother and Father. The biddies smashing the phone box up. SPG.

Cyril Shaps and Hilary Mason, who are in the first episode, 'Demolition', as the neighbours in that Chekov-type scene.  Gerard Kelly, who is one of the interviewees in 'Nozin' Around' from the same episode.

Patrick Newell, who is one of the men on the mattress in the cellar in 'Oil', and the King in 'Boring'.

Tony Sympson, who plays the elderly man in the white beard who Rik keeps talking at in the queue in 'Bomb'.  Also played Uncle Percy Spillinger in The Fall And Rise Of Reginald Perrin.  Died only about four months after the first showing of said episode.

biggytitbo

Neville Chamberlain

Roger Sloman's still alive - I just checked.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 12, 2018, 11:10:20 AM
Roger Sloman's still alive - I just checked.

What did you use, a stethoscope?

LORD BAD VIBE

Anthony Sharp - "if you're on the dole, go and see Rol."

LORD BAD VIBE

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 11, 2018, 07:27:25 PM
Rik Mayall and Lemmy for starters.

Two other members of Motorhead who appeared with Lemmy in Bambi are dead. Drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor died in 2015 and guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke died earlier this year.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: icehaven on July 11, 2018, 09:04:19 PM
Did this with Rentaghost today by coincidence. All but about 3 of anyone who was ever in it is gorn.

I receive emails at work asking me to delete files from servers sometimes, & I have a number of comedy response images to save me from the mindless tedium of writing "done, kr" or whatever, one of which is this guy. only one of the media services spods understands.

Harry Badger

Quote from: LORD BAD VIBE on July 12, 2018, 03:29:51 PM
Anthony Sharp - "if you're on the dole, go and see Rol."

I should stress that you do have to have a degree.

Isnt Anything

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 12, 2018, 03:38:23 PM
I receive emails at work asking me to delete files from servers sometimes, & I have a number of comedy response images to save me from the mindless tedium of writing "done, kr" or whatever, one of which is this guy. only one of the media services spods understands.

I do too. :)

my brain now wants to add 'what a woody sound'.

SpiderChrist

Quote from: LORD BAD VIBE on July 12, 2018, 03:34:13 PM
Two other members of Motorhead who appeared with Lemmy in Bambi are dead. Drummer Phil "Philthy Animal" Taylor died in 2015 and guitarist "Fast" Eddie Clarke died earlier this year.

[pedantry]Eddie Clarke wasn't in Motorhead by then, having been replaced by Würzel and Phil Campbell.[/pedantry]

Norton Canes

Quote from: a duncandisorderly on July 12, 2018, 03:38:23 PM

'Gorn'..?