Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:31:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Spinal Tap - The 4 Hour Long Bootleg

Started by St_Eddie, July 11, 2018, 08:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

I recently learned that there's a 4 (possibly 4 and a half) hour workprint of This is Spinal Tap out there in the wild somewhere (I believe that was circulated on bootleg VHS tapes at some point).  I was wondering if anyone here had seen it and more to the point, whether they have a copy that they'd be willing to share? 

Around an hour of extra footage is available on the DVD release, which I own but that still leaves around 2 hours of unseen footage.  Snippets of the workprint are online but not the whole thing.  I would be in Eton-Hogg's Heaven, should I be able to see this rough cut.

QDRPHNC

I used to have it spread over 3 VHS tapes, but unfortunately it's gone now.

It was a work print, so most of the music wasn't in place, the performance footage was silent, from what I remember. A fairly decent chunk of the unused scenes were released as an extra on the Criterion version of the DVD.

Edit: .

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 11, 2018, 08:07:05 PM
I used to have it spread over 3 VHS tapes, but unfortunately it's gone now.

It was a work print, so most of the music wasn't in place, the performance footage was silent, from what I remember. A fairly decent chunk of the unused scenes were released as an extra on the Criterion version of the DVD.

Gah, so close and yet so far.  Surely someone has a copy?!  I'm desperate here.

QDRPHNC

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 11, 2018, 08:08:04 PM
Gah, so close and yet so far.  Surely someone has a copy?!  I'm desperate here.

Read my edit.

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 11, 2018, 08:09:04 PM
Read my edit.

Ooohhhh, marvelous.  My ISP won't let me access the site and I'm not too proficient with workarounds.  Would it be possible to send me a PM with a link to the relevant torrent?

QDRPHNC

St_Eddie

Downloading as I type this response.  Thank you, QDRPHNC.  You're a very fine QDRPHNC, a very fine QDRPHNC indeed.

Let's rock and roll!

QDRPHNC

You're very welcome.

Now I'm in the mood to watch it again.

I smell a very special episode of (spam).

St_Eddie

Quote from: QDRPHNC on July 11, 2018, 08:22:30 PM
You're very welcome.

Now I'm in the mood to watch it again.

I smell a very special episode of (spam).

First this and now that.  Is it Christmas already?!

Shit Good Nose

All the stuff NOT in the theatrical cut or included in the Criterion and subsequent special editions (i.e the stuff that's not previously been made available officially) is a bit of something and nothing.  There aren't any undiscovered gems in there and it's all been deservedly left off.

A curio for Tap fans and not much more.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 11, 2018, 09:25:54 PM
A curio for Tap fans and not much more.

That's more than enough for me.  It could solely exist of Nigel picking his nose for two hours and I'd be hooked to the screen.

studpuppet

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 11, 2018, 09:35:47 PM
It could solely exist of Nigel picking his nose for two hours and I'd be hooked to the screen.

There is a site out there for you...