Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:25:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Cleaners broke my fan

Started by The Boston Crab, July 11, 2018, 10:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't be bothered cleaning my own house so I get some people in to do it for me .Turns out they have broken my floor standing tower fan. What is my legal position on this one? Household insurance? I really need to build a case now because I'm hot and I'm at peak malevolence.

Any tips? I'll obviously be getting new cleaners before anyone think that'd be a funny comment. Also feeling pretty wistful about my bastard French son I never mentioned before who is now 19.

Dex Sawash

Allez dans la tombe, mon fils.

steve98

Ask the wee bastard to clean your flat and fan you, you spoilt brat.

Is that a pop at his webbed hands.

Danger Man

Mr. Zen reads the smallprint on his contents insurance....

Dear oh dear....

BlodwynPig

I stopped reading at 'Thou shalt not...' and thought no cunt tells me what to do or you'll be wearing your bellend as a balaclava.

Life lessons.

The whole story is a lie apart from the bit about mah bastard.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Find the cleaners and pin them. Nailed. Gone.

Gregory Torso

When we moved house, movers broke my lamp. I loved that lamp, and the green of it, like a whole forest within the pore of a leaf. "Motherfuckers" I said, "Why did you break green lamp?" Mover goes "Nah, green lamp was broken when we moved it, me and Ken were just saying like, why does he want us to move a broken lamp?" No solving the lamp.

I sit in the dark, loudly saying "well I wish I COULD SEE" to no one. I gouge out my eyes and cling to the night. No lamp, no light, "WHY DO  I NEED EYES" i scream into the void. Movers have gone and never hear. Movers have gone to break other green things and move them and always to feel vague unease at why so many broken green things are now spilling out of their van like how spoiled meat flashes like a salmon, that green grease: bowling balls, decorative avacadoes, unripe fruit, astroturf, all broken into pieces and rattling out of the van as I blindly scream twenty floors above them "LAMP"

RedRevolver

I've deduced from '19', 'bastard', 'French' and 'son' that this must be your guy.

I'd be proud, if I were you. Apart from being a stupid, cunting, French bastard.

Sherman Krank

My brains habit of occasionally seeing only what it wants to see caused me to miss-read the thread title as 'Cleaners broke into my flat'.
Before realising my error I spent a few minutes composing a post speculating as to how manky your flat would have to get before Kim and Aggie turned up and kicked your fucking door in.

Anyway, my take on the actual subject matter would likely be something along the lines of 'If you can afford cleaners you can probably afford a new fan but if you are a cleaner you would possibly be less able to afford the cost a new fan coming out of your wages' but like I said I've been otherwise preoccupied.

Did you know that if you type 'Kim and' into google Aggie is second only to Kanye?
She should put that in her CV, if she still has one.

I don't think that being able to afford a cleaner means they have the right to break my shit.

It makes me sad in a way though that the fan costs six times as much as a cleaning session, so they would have to clean my place for six weeks to be able to afford the fan. That's actually fucked up and I feel pretty shit about it. I'll just give them a tip next week and maybe they'll be a bit more careful in future.

pancreas

The legal situation is that they have broken something you love, so they have to bring you something that they love which you can break. They may be quite poor, so perhaps the only thing they have is their first born. In that case, they will bring the first born to you and you will break it in front of them.