Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 12:18:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a sex pest now, Simon Le Bon

Started by thecuriousorange, July 12, 2018, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

New Jack

To be fair, the 1970s mid-1990s were different times!!

Le Bon has denied it on the legally sacrosanct ground that is Duran Duran's Facebook page, but the assault as described does sound horrible

Joke song reference: I Don't Want Your Love

biggytitbo

New Jack

^ Simon le Mal surely

A Matter of Feeling

Trojan_Jockey

Somehow, Simon LeBon and Nick Rhodes both look like Peter Serafinowicz here

Norton Canes

lebowskibukowski

Nowhere Man

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Huh, someone called Simon Le Bon getting involved in something so immoral!

Barry Le Bon is more like it!

New Jack

biggytitbo

Absorb the anus burn

shiftwork2

Simon Le Bon's real name is Simon Le Bon. The bonkers twat.

im barry bethel

Duran Duran were still making record shop appearances in 1995 !?

Vodka Margarine

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 12, 2018, 05:17:50 PM

That would have been around the time of their splendid covers album 'Thank You', featuring the truly haunting '911 Is A Joke' and 'White Lines (Do It, It's Proper Fucking Good This)'.

They can lock the bastard up already.

Quote from: im barry bethel on July 12, 2018, 05:17:50 PM

I remember they had a comeback hit just a couple of years before-actually quite a good sound, and more mature than their early stuff.  I think that return to the charts might have been just a one-off.  Maybe someone with more knowledge of post-1990 pop can confirm or refute that.

PowerButchi

Ordinary World was from around that time, yeah

rue the polywhirl

Thread title should read 'I hear you're a sex pest back then Simon Le Bon and only according to someone's allegations which could be phooey". Best to give the benefit of the doubt, or Le Bon-efit of the doubt in this case.

Twed

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on July 12, 2018, 06:16:09 PM
Thread title should read 'I hear you're a sex pest back then Simon Le Bon and only according to someone's allegations which could be phooey". Best to give the benefit of the doubt, or Le Bon-efit of the doubt in this case.
Yeah if you were really bitter and wanted to load the discussion to focus around your own agenda.

The topic title is accurate whether you believe the accusations or not.

Simon (at Mary)lebone (Magistrates' Court soon?)

QDRPHNC

Maybe if Le Bon had spent more time learning how to drive a boat and less time committing a sexual assault several years later, he wouldn't have capsized during that race. Food for thought.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Twed on July 12, 2018, 06:18:14 PM
Yeah if you were really bitter and wanted to load the discussion to focus around your own agenda.

The topic title is accurate whether you believe the accusations or not.

'I hear you're a sex pest now' is not really accurate if it turns out he's not a sex pest. Like 'I hear England won the semi-final' is not really accurate if it turns out England lost the semi-final even if you heard someone say it.

Sebastian Cobb

Don't mean this in a pejorative sense; I honestly thought he was one of the gay 80's pop stars.

biggytitbo

rue the polywhirl

Seven and the Rugged Lawsuit.

His name is Rio and he wanders with his hands.

Norton Canes