Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,453
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:27:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

I hear you're a sex pest now, Simon Le Bon

Started by thecuriousorange, July 12, 2018, 09:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brundle-Fly

God, we live in shitty times.

Just maybe... this might never have happened?

Or did?

Pressure Off (when the charges are dropped)

Twed

Quote from: rue the polywhirl on July 12, 2018, 08:21:42 PM
'I hear you're a sex pest now' is not really accurate if it turns out he's not a sex pest. Like 'I hear England won the semi-final' is not really accurate if it turns out England lost the semi-final even if you heard someone say it.
It is absolutely accurate to say "I hear England won the semi-final" if you hear that England won the semi-final.

Trojan_Jockey

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on July 12, 2018, 10:46:06 PM
God, we live in shitty times.

Just maybe... this might never have happened?

Or did?

The rule on this is very clear, if someone you like has been accused of being a sex pest then it's just an unsubstantiated allegation. If someone you don't like has been accused of being a sex pest then you've got to believe the accuser, always, 100%.

Shaky

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: Trojan_Jockey on July 13, 2018, 12:39:49 AM
The rule on this is very clear, if someone you like has been accused of being a sex pest then it's just an unsubstantiated allegation. If someone you don't like has been accused of being a sex pest then you've got to believe the accuser, always, 100%.

Exactly!

I never liked Duran Duran but after reading Paul Gambacinni's Love Paul, My Year Under Yewtree,I view all these salacious allegations against the famous with a large pinch of salt.

But proven gulty? Then, fuck'em.

steve98

Quote from: Hecate on July 12, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
Semen Le Bonk, more like!

Too right. Never trust a fella that uses their name to tell you how good they are "Le Bon", aye right.

Hecate

Shame it wasn't kids or we could have had Semen Le Bonbon.
Sometimes I feel like the universe is against us.

@Brundle-Fly Yeah, it's "guilty until proven innocent" with sex cases, isn't it? Especially if you're famous.
The accused should have the same anonymity as the accuser.
Those sorts of allegations and pressures can ruin someone's life and career whether they're guilty or not.

People were talking about Matthew Kelly in the Frank Skinner thread, that pretty much did for him, didn't it?
He was a bit ... bearded? Camp? You weren't quite sure what was going on there sex-wise so when you heard about it, you were instantly like "yup, makes sense"

or Cliff Richard, being hit with that in your old age, worrying, not being able to sleep, feeling guilty about something you haven't done. I mean, fucking hell, I'm assuming he's done nowt, you see, it's always hanging over him now, it'll never be the same.

kalowski

Quote from: Nowhere Man on July 12, 2018, 11:01:54 AM
"Oh no, it's Simon le bloody Bon!"

https://youtu.be/qp3wAK3uzjM?t=2m56s
I'd forgotten quite how good that was. Everyone is brilliant in it.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Imagine a leering Le Bon returning a trolley in a car park awash with dreck.

Miserable.

New Jack

Quote from: steve98 on July 13, 2018, 01:15:10 AM
Too right. Never trust a fella that uses their name to tell you how good they are "Le Bon", aye right.

See also: Bono Vox.

Sgt. Duckie

canadagoose

Quote from: Nowhere Man on July 12, 2018, 11:01:54 AM
"Oh no, it's Simon le bloody Bon!"

https://youtu.be/qp3wAK3uzjM?t=2m56s
I'm glad someone else had the same thought. That's all I can think of whenever someone mentions Simon Le (bloody) Bon.

manticore

Quote from: Hecate on July 13, 2018, 01:23:06 AM
or Cliff Richard, being hit with that in your old age, worrying, not being able to sleep, feeling guilty about something you haven't done. I mean, fucking hell, I'm assuming he's done nowt, you see, it's always hanging over him now, it'll never be the same.

No one agreed with me when I mentioned this before, but I thought the BBC's behaviour in that Cliff Richard case was repulsive. You're having your life being ripped apart by the early morning knock on the door and the Fucking BBC has sent up a helicopter to broadcast it live across the world to twist the knife a few more times.

QuoteThe BBC's QC said Sir Cliff Richard's huge celebrity profile - and use of it to promote his books, merchandise and religious beliefs - reduced his privacy rights.

https://news.sky.com/story/sir-cliff-richard-awaits-judgment-on-legal-battle-with-bbc-11365598

He's famous so we can treat him like shit and help destroy his life? The BBC is so drowned in celebrityism that it's lost its sense of basic human decency.

Norton Canes

I think if there's one thing we've learned from this sorry incident it's that there's no really satisfying pun that can be made with the title of a Duran Duran single.

bgmnts

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 15, 2018, 09:36:07 AM
I think if there's one thing we've learned from this sorry incident it's that there's no really satisfying pun that can be made with the title of a Duran Duran single.

Rio contraire!

Nowhere Man

Quote from: Norton Canes on July 15, 2018, 09:36:07 AM

Save a perver?

Grope on film?

Ah, maybe you're right.

Dyl Spinks

A View to a Sav-ile

(Sorry. That's not even good or even relevant, really. Long night).

canadagoose

Petey Pate

My brother recently bought a whole pile of 7 inch singles from the 1980s from eBay. Among them was a flexi disc of a Duran Duran interview from a Smash Hits magazine. On it one of the band members (possibly Simon Le Bon) jovially talks about hitting his wife. I'll have to dig it out and listen to it again, but I'm not all that surprised by this news.