Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:52:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

"Anyone been to a TV recording before..?"

Started by alan strang, February 07, 2005, 09:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panbaams

I worked at a pub over the summer a few years ago – the pub got a letter from Anglia Studios inviting us to a recording of a News For You wannabe comedy sex quiz show called Is That It?. It wasn't very good. They recorded two shows and half the audience buggered off to the pub next door to the studios after the first one. I think it was on Channel 5 but I never got to see it ...

Whug Baspin

Thought I'd bump this as I saw someone mention that they enjoyed the TvBurp recording, I went to the first one of these last night. I absolutely loved it. I've been to a few recordings, mainly radio 4 ones (News Quiz, 99p Challenge, Armando Iannuccis charm offensive), but this was much better. He was just as funny off camera as on camera, really very very good. I'm amazed by the number of people I know who just haven't heard of this show as I think it is one of the most consistantly funny things I've seen on TV recently.

lardboy

I saw the first episode of Nightingales (the werewolf one) being filmed at Central TV studios in Birmingham.  Our drama teacher was a very minor actor and she knew some people who were on the production team and got our GCSE drama class tickets for the recording.

The main thing that I remember is that we were all given a couple of glasses of wine before the screening, and after a couple of hours of sitting, I was absolutel;y busting for a wee.  The recording itself was pretty interesting, especially for a techie geek, but even at the time I knew that this wasn't a normal sitcom.  It just felt a bit odd.  I can't remember why especially, but I never forgot "There ain't nobody here but us chickens" despite not seeing the episode for 12 years until UKNova came good for me.

Al Tha Funkee Homosapien