Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:59:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Communist woman DESTROY Piers Morgan on own show.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 12, 2018, 08:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

José

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 10:30:14 AM
But quite why someone would want to defend Corbyn if they're really a communist I don't know.

have you seen the other guys?

ieXush2i

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 10:40:38 AM
I like how everyone reads loads into incidental word choices by me. Oh well.

The Labour leader's office coordinates their media outriders via a WhatsApp group. Owen Jones, Rachel Shabi, Zoe Williams etc and I thought Ash Sarkar was in it. Can't remember if she is or not. Not suggesting anything sinister or whatever. The Tories have the exact same thing, it's called the Times editorial page.

bgmnts

Quote from: monolith on July 12, 2018, 09:00:12 PM
That was brilliant. She did amazingly well, not sure if Piers was misrepresenting her deliberately there or is just a cretin. Mix of both perhaps.

In your head you want to think these cunts are actually clever but just immoral, to maintain a semse of sanity.

I do genuinely think they are just thick as shit.

George Oscar Bluth II

Me: I heard Corbyn made a speech in Parliament today

Literally everyone else: oh yeah, sure, a "speech" just like Stalin used to make huh. Why are you trying to discredit him?

king_tubby

No worries, it's one that has stuck with me throughout the ages.

pancreas

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 10:58:19 AM

Literally everyone else: oh yeah, sure, a "speech" just like Stalin used to make huh. Why are you trying to discredit him?

Well I can't speak for the others, but maybe it's all the hard evidence of your hysterical, mindless, repetitive, counter-productive, boring attacks on him over the last three years.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 10:58:19 AM

No wait I've just realised. It's the minute I make out that Corbyn is doing something that other politicians do, like having a coordinated group of media cheerleaders, you get upset with me because he's not supposed to be doing that sort of thing is he? You think I'm trying to make him sound sinister by making statements of fact.

Look, it's good that he has a coordinated group of media cheerleaders. That's a good and sensible thing that he and his people should be doing.

George Oscar Bluth II

Worth pointing out, by the way, that Steve Bannon got an extremely respectful hearing from Piers on the same program today.

ieXush2i

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 11:03:21 AM
No wait I've just realised. It's the minute I make out that Corbyn is doing something that other politicians do, like having a coordinated group of media cheerleaders, you get upset with me because he's not supposed to be doing that sort of thing is he? You think I'm trying to make him sound sinister by making statements of fact.

Look, it's good that he has a coordinated group of media cheerleaders. That's a good and sensible thing that he and his people should be doing.

It turned out.

ieXush2i

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on July 13, 2018, 11:21:54 AM
You are absurd

First out loud laugh of the day, nice one

Seriously though, do you really think we're gonna buy the innocent "gosh i just chose those words in that order with the bestest of good faith sir" jive?

George Oscar Bluth II

What did I really mean by the deeply sinister phrase "it turned out" though?

Genuinely interested to hear what you're reading into it and quite how far your madness has taken you.

Kween

Not sure why Ash is seen as the victim or the victor here, Morgan was the one being shouted down by her and his co-host, but he still smashed them both. As usual she's good at canned rhetoric but she can't think on her feet and give a good answer to an unexpected question.

ieXush2i

Because it implies it was somehow catching her out on something... why am I even, i know you know full well.

Wow, you're a sillymtoo Kween

Sebastian Cobb

Might as well close the thread now, it's ruined.

"I'm literally a communist!" More like a posh girl with a massive chip on her shoulder who's playing at being a revolutionary.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Kween on July 13, 2018, 11:28:50 AM
Not sure why Ash is seen as the victim or the victor here, Morgan was the one being shouted down by her and his co-host, but he still smashed them both. As usual she's good at canned rhetoric but she can't think on her feet and give a good answer to an unexpected question.

Morgan asked why she didn't protest Obama's policies and Ash said she did, several times. I'm not a Communist or a supporter of Communism, but she came out the interview a lot better than Morgan.

Captain Z

Quote from: Kween on July 13, 2018, 11:28:50 AM

Why didn't you protest against Obama?

I did protest against Obama.

BUT WHY DIDN'T YOU PROTEST AGAINST OBAMA?

I don't know how you're supposed to deal with that.

Thomas

I just watched this clip, and a variation of the thread title came to mind before I even looked at CaB.

Naturally, being a living and thinking person, I can't stand Piers Morgan, and I half-suspect that his idiotic insistence that Obama is Ash's hero, despite her repeated refutations, was simply to prompt a 'firey debate' that would garner a hefty number of clicks and views. She argued brilliantly. Morgan wasted air. I hope somebody designs a gigantic, unflattering balloon facsimile in his image and ties it to his leg so that it follows him around forever.

Sebastian Cobb

I hope if they do that they fill it with so much helium he floats off into the sky.

Danger Man

Quote from: Wanking Monk of Kefalonia on July 13, 2018, 11:30:37 AM
"I'm literally a communist!" More like a posh girl with a massive chip on her shoulder who's playing at being a revolutionary.

Laurie Penny, meet Laurie Rupee

Kween

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 13, 2018, 11:32:21 AM
Morgan asked why she didn't protest Obama's policies and Ash said she did, several times. I'm not a Communist or a supporter of Communism, but she came out the interview a lot better than Morgan.

No she didn't. Her answers were very vague and evasive. She said stuff like "I've been a critic of Obama" and "I've been on anti war protests in the past".

She came across as an ignorant, petulant child by sighing loudly and slumping in her chair when she couldn't answer simple questions. Don't you think Morgan had valid points? Why didn't she protest Obama in the way she protests Trump?

bgmnts

Quote from: Kween on July 13, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
No she didn't. Her answers were very vague and evasive. She said stuff like "I've been a critic of Obama" and "I've been on anti war protests in the past"

What is vague about either of those?

mothman

Actually loads of people have said it should be, but none of them are here, and many aren't with us anymore (and they were all idiots).

Kween

Quote from: bgmnts on July 13, 2018, 11:53:09 AM
What is vague about either of those?

When the question is "why didn't you protest Obama?" then they're very non committal. Maybe vague was the wrong word but it's not a direct answer to the actual question is it?

Morgan's "your hero Obama" line was bollocks by the way. Not sure why he gave Sarkar an open goal with that one but he handled himself brilliantly for the rest of the interview.

Thomas

Quote from: Kween on July 13, 2018, 11:52:18 AM
She came across as an ignorant, petulant child by sighing loudly and slumping in her chair when she couldn't answer simple questions. Don't you think Morgan had valid points? Why didn't she protest Obama in the way she protests Trump?

I mean, she didn't really, did she? Her frustration at being spoken over and ignored is perfectly relatable. She could answer the questions. Morgan totally invented this notion that Obama is her 'hero'. That's the most childish moment in the interview.

As to whether or not previous presidents received the same degree of negative protest, perhaps the great momentum behind this anti-Trump is a positive watermark. It might prompt more awareness of tyrannical and villainous visitors to the UK in the future. The last president might not have been protested enough, but perhaps the next lot will be.

Kween

Quote from: Thomas on July 13, 2018, 12:05:13 PM
I mean, she didn't really, did she? Her frustration at being spoken over and ignored is perfectly relatable. She could answer the questions. Morgan totally invented this notion that Obama is her 'hero'. That's the most childish moment in the interview.

So why didn't Morgan sigh and slump when his co-host AND Ash spoke over him? I think it's a decent journalists job to keep the debate on track, and try to get direct answers to questions, hence why he spoke over her when she didn't provide direct answers.

Edit: her ignorance about Obama's deportation figures is very telling too, she guessed that he had  deported thousands of immigrants when it was actually millions.  That kind of gaffe should destroy any credibility she has. How can anyone who claims to care about the plight of illegal immigrants in the US be THAT wide of the mark?