Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Communist woman DESTROY Piers Morgan on own show.

Started by Sebastian Cobb, July 12, 2018, 08:41:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

I'd love to see how well you fare in an argument when you're off grid and your google's and wikipedias are taken away from you.

Is it really a gaffe when you're critical of something and it turns out to be even worse?

Thomas

Quote from: Kween on July 13, 2018, 12:09:21 PM
Edit: her ignorance about Obama's deportation figures is very telling too, she guessed that he had  deported thousands of immigrants when it was actually millions.  That kind of gaffe should destroy any credibility she has. How can anyone who claims to care about the plight of illegal immigrants in the US be THAT wide of the mark?

I do agree that this was a poor oversight. I don't think it demonstrates that she secretly doesn't care, but it would be germane to equip yourself with contextual information before going in for an interview about the current state of affairs - especially if you expect to be interviewed by a loud antagonist.

However, I also believe Communist woman DESTROY Piers Morgan on own show.

Bhazor

Kween. A brand new account wading straight into a political thread and acting wilfully dense and contrarian. Funny that.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Kween, Morgan talked over everybody all the way through in his usual bullying provocative manner, and the straw man argument Piers presented received a response that he duly talked over, hence having to have it repeated.

His modus operandi is to bully and upset people in order to win which must be why he admires Trump so much.

The "can you name the figure from a topic I transplanted into the debate" challenge was so babyish it was virtually Partridge.

doppelkorn

She was ace. He was his usually bellend self.

Good clip.

manticore

Just as a point of information I want to mention that Ash Sarkar describes herself as an anarchist as well as a communist, which gives it a slightly different aspect.

Her twitter profile is a bit unusual:

https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar

dallasman

Communist anarchist woman and repeat guest takes unbearable host in stride. We need to be having these conversations. For our sins.

saltysnacks

Novara Media is a great outlet if you haven't heard of it. I'm not a fan of this whole 'Class-War Social Democrat/ Post-Scarcity Communist' bollocks, though. Just say you're a fucking Communist (as Ash Sarkar does) who also chooses to engage with mainstream political discussion so you can actually reach people. There is no need to dress yourself up as Bastani does.

Dr Rock

Deporting illegal immigrants is not the same as treating refugees like shit. Especially if they are from countries you fucked up.

ieXush2i

Kween is a distraction

Sew the dissent

distract, discourage, demotivate

Danger Man

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 09:12:45 AM
lol because brown

Being mixed-race, I don't tend to find skin colour especially funny.

Barry Admin

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 09:21:32 AM
Kween is a distraction

Sew the dissent

distract, discourage, demotivate

He was banned yesterday, you fucking cringe bag.

ieXush2i

Mate, Dankula got you worried about what the implications for comedy were. Ultimate cringe

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 11:32:14 AM
Mate, Dankula got you worried about what the implications for comedy were. Ultimate cringe

Cringing at this.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Danger Man on July 14, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

So what was your point? Laurie Penny is British and pennies are British; Ash Sarkar...

ieXush2i

Quote from: Danger Man on July 14, 2018, 10:25:29 AM

Yeah you like to use that one card to justify being a cunt all the time, we know. Tell us again how the women in Saudi loved not being allowed to drive, actually.

Your mixed heritage is only utilised in conversations such as this, to again deflect from cuntiness. Truly cringe

Funcrusher

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 12:14:25 PM
Yeah you like to use that one card to justify being a cunt all the time, we know. Tell us again how the women in Saudi loved not being allowed to drive, actually.

Your mixed heritage is only utilised in conversations such as this, to again deflect from cuntiness. Truly cringe

'Playing the race card'. Nice.

Twit 2

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 14, 2018, 09:17:06 AM
Deporting illegal immigrants is not the same as treating refugees like shit. Especially if they are from countries you fucked up.

The Snopes article on deportations under Obama is worth a read, if only to find out about systemic problems such as the 'bed quota'.

QuoteThe number of people deported at or near the [U.S.-Mexico] border has gone up — primarily as a result of changing who gets counted in the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency's deportation statistics.

The vast majority of those border crossers would not have been treated as formal deportations under most previous administrations. If all removals were tallied, the total sent back to Mexico each year would have been far higher under those previous administrations than it is now.

Until recent years, most people caught illegally crossing the southern border were simply bused back into Mexico in what officials called "voluntary returns," but which critics derisively termed "catch and release." Those removals, which during the 1990s reached more 1 million a year, were not counted in Immigration and Customs Enforcement's deportation statistics.

Now, the vast majority of border crossers who are apprehended get fingerprinted and formally deported. The change began during the George W. Bush administration and accelerated under Obama. The policy stemmed in part from a desire to ensure that people who had crossed into the country illegally would have formal charges on their records.

In the Obama years, all of the increase in deportations has involved people picked up within 100 miles of the border, most of whom [had] just recently crossed over. In 2013, almost two-thirds of deportations were in that category.

QuoteThe [bed quota] policy requires U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) to keep an average of 34,000 detainees per day in its custody, a quota that has steadily risen since it was established in 2006 by conservative lawmakers who insisted that the agency wasn't doing enough to deport unlawful immigrants.

But as illegal crossings from Mexico have fallen to near their lowest levels since the early 1970s, ICE has been meeting Congress's immigration detention goals by reaching deeper into the criminal justice system to vacuum up foreign-born, legal U.S. residents convicted of any crimes that could render them eligible for deportation. The agency also has greatly expanded the number of undocumented immigrants it takes into custody after traffic stops by local police.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 14, 2018, 12:21:36 PM
'Playing the race card'. Nice.

To be fair, it would be illuminating for our resident edgelord to explain what he meant by his currency-based pun.

ieXush2i

Yes, I am very interested in that too, if he can stop trying to think of ways to install cameras in the properties he owns. And wanking.

Hey I'm just calling it like I see 'em, challenging bullshit. That's how DM spins his bullying right?

Barry Admin

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 11:32:14 AM

I think what concerned me a lot more was stuff like this:

Quote from: redacted
This is one of those situations where I'm pretty comfortable with relaxing my principles for a bit. No, he shouldn't be going to prison. But I'm glad he is, the cunt.

TrenterPercenter

Great performance from Ash.  She should however have stuck to pointing out his whataboutry and just repeat repeat repeat.....at the point he protests...then say happy to move the conversation on when you have stopped your silly whataboutery tactics and want to talk like an adult.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: (Ex poster) on July 14, 2018, 12:35:11 PM
That's how DM spins his bullying right?

Hey, let's not throw terms like that around where they're not warranted. He's just trying to be arch, but he often ends up kidding on the square.

wasp_f15ting

Piers is an absolute cunt just trying to trip her up. She did openly say she didn't know the figure why keep pushing on it. Piers is a slippery prick who likes to play both sides, I am glad his co-host did try and stop him.