Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:46:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Disloyalty card

Started by popcorn, July 13, 2018, 04:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

popcorn

The idea is this. You go to a cafe, and they give you a disloyalty card. Show your disloyalty card and everything's fucking cheap. A latte for 15p, piece of carrot cake for 22p, that sort of thing.

But every time you go to another cafe, they stamp your disloyalty card. Fill up your disloyalty card and suddenly everything in the first cafe is phenomenally expensive - like £18 for a cappuccino.

All the other cafes would be incentivised to stamp your disloyalty card so the first cafe, their competitor, would become more expensive and therefore less enticing to you. The cafe would save money lost on the initially cheap goods by the massively expensive goods you'd be forced to purchase having stamped your disloyalty card.

That's that explained. Thanks.

Lemming

Superb, but one flaw - what if someone goes to another cafe and just doesn't present their Disloyalty Card for stamping?

popcorn

Why would anyone do that?

Lemming

Well, uh... hmm...

You're right. A scheme with zero pitfalls. Sign me up.

Quote from: Lemming on July 13, 2018, 04:07:47 PM
Superb, but one flaw - what if someone goes to another cafe and just doesn't present their Disloyalty Card for stamping?

Death penalty surely?

Glebe

They tried this in my local Poundstretcher. I ending up paying £50 for a packet of Cheetos.