Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 02:48:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who has the poshest sounding name ever?

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, July 13, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think Dido Florian Cloud de Bounevialle Armstrong is contender.

petercussing

Icehaven

mothman

At one point my next-door neighbour in my halls of residence was a Nelion, a first name I've not encountered before or since. He was an Agric and played rugby, of course.

Tikwid

Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache

shiftwork2

Simon John Charles Le Bon.  Timely, as he's in the news for his great charity work and record shop appearances.

biggytitbo

doppelkorn

I did French at uni, which was a bit of a magnet for posh people.

I remember looking at the list of who was in what classes in week 1 and seeing Maxwell de Beaufort Suchlick.

Then at the first rugby training session someone asked me what school I had gone to. I think they expected to have heard of it.

Looking back, I wish I'd had more of a fucking clue.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Lord Viscount Barry Clams 2nd Margrave of Bermondsey

Pdine

The Lurker

I remember seeing a lad with a triple barrelled surname on the register at university. His parents must have been disappointed that he ended up at Sunderland Uni.

Replies From View

Malcy

Went to college with a guy called Felton Humble!

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: Tikwid on July 13, 2018, 05:29:55 PM
Brian Peter George St John le Baptiste de la Salle Eno

he added the St John le Baptiste de la Salle bit after his jesuit catholic education, the jumped-up postman.

.exe

Darius Guppy, because 'guppy' sounds like posh slang for both a very enterprising go-getter and a nipple.

Rolf Lundgren

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Fisher Goes Berserk

Clarissa Theresa Philomena Aileen Mary Josephine Agnes Elsie Trilby Louise Esmerelda Dickson Wright.

non capisco

king_tubby

Marina Elizabeth Catherine Dudley-Williams

Fabian Thomsett

I found out today that Josephine Wiggs', of The Breeders, full name is Miranda Cordelia Susan Josephine Wiggs.