Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:25:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Who has the poshest sounding name ever?

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, July 13, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St_Eddie

Rupert.  Rupert the Bear.

Quote from: thraxx on July 13, 2018, 05:44:59 PM
Richard III

Not a patch on Richard I and II.  Not enough killings.

Ghughesarch

Sir Ranulph Twisleton-Wykeham-Fiennes, Bt.
Note the absence of a 'T' in 'Twisleton', that's dead posh, that is. And he's not happy about hunting, which makes him fairly OK. Though he's also a 'Kipper, which basically makes him Hitler.

St_Eddie

RoadMaintenanceTycoon

New Jack

Paul Calf

Hammer

Theodore Dalrymple for me. His views match the name too.

Paul Calf

Clownbaby

My dad knows a Penelope Mounsey-Heysham

I BET HE DOES THE DIRTY OLD BOLLOCKS. I BET HE FUCKING DOES.

Sebastian Cobb

Sebastian Cobb

Lovejoy had good posh names, Lady Jane Felsham, Charlotte Cavendish etc.

biggytitbo

wooly

Tarquin Fintim-Limbim-Whimbim-Lim Bus Stop-F'Tang-F'Tang-Olé-Biscuit-Barrel

surely

Sebastian Cobb

Nah, there's only so many barrels and names you can attach before it sounds like you're common and trying to sound posh.

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on July 13, 2018, 05:48:52 PM
Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache

Fun fact: I was at a conference a couple weeks back, and this guy and the other equally poshly named members of his family were the subject of one of the talks.

Quintus Pompeius Senecio Roscius Murena Coelius Sextus Iulius Frontinus Silius Decianus Gaius Iulius Eurycles Herculaneus Lucius Vibullius Pius Augustanus Alpinus Bellicus Sollers Iulius Aper Ducenius Proculus Rutilianus Rufinus Silius Valens Valerius Niger Claudius Fuscus Saxa Amyntianus Sosius Priscus (ILS 1104, in Salway (1994, n. 51).

Are you sure we're talking about the same Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache? The one I know runs a contract cleaning business in the West Midlands with his dad, Lee.

Utter Shit

Ex-Tottenham centre back Troy Archibald-Henville is right up there for me Clive.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ornlu

Clownbaby

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on July 15, 2018, 09:01:59 AM
Are you sure we're talking about the same Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemache? The one I know runs a contract cleaning business in the West Midlands with his dad, Lee.

Wait -- it depends --  is that the one whose kid Lyunulph Cospatrick Bruce Berkeley Jermyn Tullibardine Petersham de Orellana Dysart Plantagenet works the till  on Saturdays over at the Poundland over in Earlsdon?

Shit Good Nose

The ever increasing Rees-Mogg clan belong in here.  The cunt's my local mp.

Attila

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on July 15, 2018, 03:38:03 PM
The ever increasing Rees-Mogg clan belong in here.  The cunt's my local mp.

He's got a ways to go to beat Leon Sextus above there when it comes to saddling your offspring with dementedly long and whicker names

Lyulph Ydwallo Odin Nestor Egbert Lyonel (LYONEL) Toedmag Hugh Erchenwyne (THE) Saxon Esa Cromwell Orma Nevill Dysart (SECOND) Plantagenet

Not just A Saxon, but THE Saxon

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralph_Tollemache

Quote from: Attila on July 15, 2018, 03:29:51 PM
Wait -- it depends --  is that the one whose kid Lyunulph Cospatrick Bruce Berkeley Jermyn Tullibardine Petersham de Orellana Dysart Plantagenet works the till  on Saturdays over at the Poundland over in Earlsdon?

No, I think we're thinking of two different Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemaches. This one has a lad called Kyle - used to play for Wolves Under-13s but dropped out after getting in with a bad crowd. Bit of a coincidence though, eh?

ASFTSN

Quote from: Hammer on July 14, 2018, 10:39:46 AM
Theodore Dalrymple for me. His views match the name too.

That's a pen name.  But yes, clearly chosen to ensure maximum crusty conservatism.