Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:59:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Who has the poshest sounding name ever?

Started by Nice Relaxing Poo, July 13, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Attila

Quote from: Voltan (Man of Steel) on July 15, 2018, 03:47:01 PM
No, I think we're thinking of two different Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemaches. This one has a lad called Kyle - used to play for Wolves Under-13s but dropped out after getting in with a bad crowd. Bit of a coincidence though, eh?

Well, you'll get some confusion like this when every Tom, Dick, and Harry down that way is called Leone Sextus Denys Oswolf Fraudatifilius Tollemache-Tollemache de Orellana Plantagenet Tollemache-Tollemaches.

timebug

Raymond Throat-Warbler Mangrove. Pronounced 'Luxury-Yacht' of course.

Lady Natasha Letitia Sarah Jane Wellesley Obstromsky Ponsonsky Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Smythe Oblomov Boblomov Dob

St_Eddie

Quote from: DistressedArea on July 15, 2018, 04:02:26 PM
Lady Sovereign

And her less posh and all-round rougher Sister; Lady Amber Leaf.

Cuellar

My old geography teacher had a pretty posh name, and was a real life marquess:

Bert Cunt

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 15, 2018, 06:14:23 PM
And her less posh and all-round rougher Sister; Lady Amber Leaf.

I only had eyes for Lady Cutters Choice.

DArtagnan

Probably won't make the cut, but my one time Polish girlfriend, Jadwiga Danuta Królowska
always sounded a cut glass name to me, particularly as królowa translates to queen.
Bardzo królewski, (very regal).

Sherman Krank

I just went and asked the rest of the internet and they seem to favour Poshy McPoshname.

Bronzy

gib

Radio Four listeners will be familiar with Damian Grammaticas and Jonty Bloom.

studpuppet

I used to work with two ladies called Anthea Canadine-Bate and Georgina Hawtrey-Woore (who sadly passed away last year, as I discovered when looking her up).

DArtagnan

Quote from: DistressedArea on July 19, 2018, 12:05:54 AM
Regal Kingsize.

I was a bit slow there, it took me at least 5 seconds to remember that Regal Kingsize are, or were, cigarettes, my Jadwiga, at her largest was a U.K. size 10.

kalowski

Quote from: gib on July 19, 2018, 10:41:28 PM
Radio Four listeners will be familiar with Damian Grammaticas and Jonty Bloom.
Damian Grammaticas always sounds like a kids' song to me.

"Oh, Damian Grammaticas is always coming after us..."

gib

Quote from: kalowski on July 19, 2018, 11:10:40 PM
Damian Grammaticas always sounds like a kids' song to me.

"Oh, Damian Grammaticas is always coming after us..."

That sounds deeply familiar but i can't put my finger on what the actual kids' song is.

studpuppet

Can't be bothered to go back and look. Has anyone mentioned Cornelius Lysaght yet?

Ptolemy Dean, who used to be on an architecture programme with Griff Rhys-Jones. Just googled him to check he wasn't a figment of my imagination and saw that his sisters are called Tacita and Antigone.

And I'm surprised that nobody's mentioned Jermajesty Jackson?

Uncle TechTip

Simon Sebag-Montefore. I mean, Sebag. Are you fucking pulling my leg. And Montefore. That's just a fucking given. But Simon????

Hecate

Worzel Gummidge.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a nice posh ring to it by all accounts.

baptist

Maurice Joseph Micklewhite

'One was only supposed to blow the bally doors orf!'

Quote from: Hecate on July 20, 2018, 04:41:30 AM
Worzel Gummidge.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson had a nice posh ring to it by all accounts.

Tara is very common. The queen would say good bye, or good day, or something like that.

Quote from: DArtagnan on July 19, 2018, 11:07:14 PM
I was a bit slow there, it took me at least 5 seconds to remember that Regal Kingsize are, or were, cigarettes, my Jadwiga, at her largest was a U.K. size 10.

What?  Don't know about that.

Regal Kingsize was my one of my best mates at high school.  It was me, Reg Kingsize and Johnny Walker.