Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 05:03:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Big Narstie Show

Started by Clownbaby, July 14, 2018, 12:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

Just curious what everyone's opinion on Big Narstie is. He's been appearing on things and I just really don't like him. I get the appeal but he just annoys the shite out of me. Most of the time I can't understand what he's on about. Caught a couple eps of his new chat show to see if he's any better as a presenter, still not keen on the lad. Ed Sheeran is a boring bugger as well. What a boring guest.

Malcy

Yeah he's an arsehole but he appeals to the 'yoof' so expect him to pop up loads in the next 6 months to a year and then disappear. He had a new album out last week as well so he's in the limelight a lot.

Clownbaby

As a yoof myself I can't get into grime whatsoever. Yeah I think he's gonna be a faddy tv personality for a couple years. Still, nothing about his appearances on other shows prior to this chat show had me thinking "this guy could totally have his own show"

Malcy

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 14, 2018, 12:34:58 PM
As a yoof myself I can't get into grime whatsoever. Yeah I think he's gonna be a faddy tv personality for a couple years. Still, nothing about his appearances on other shows prior to this chat show had me thinking "this guy could totally have his own show"

Grime was good years ago but it's gone too watered down. It will die down soon enough along with Big Narstie.

Sebastian Cobb

I think he's pretty funny.

I never got into grime, loved uk hiphop and uk garage but didn't like it when garage all got aggy and hard and eventually turned into grime.

checkoutgirl

Never heard of Big Nastie so prepared to take anyone's word on what he's like. Serious question though, what's the difference between Grime and Rap? Is (early) Dizzy Rascal Grime? Is it just rap with an electro style beat instead of funk and soul based beat?

kalowski

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: kalowski on July 14, 2018, 01:33:56 PM
It's basically shit rap.

You're thinking of trap. Or crap, lol.

asids

I caught toward the end of his show last night (with Victoria Coren Mitchell and Richard Ayoade) and it was alright I suppose. Too much removing the "sitting down and having a chat" element and replacing it with segments and skits that aren't great although I did enjoy the one where Narstie creates his own art installation.

He does seem to be a bit of an arse though.

jobotic

It's basically shit rap.

Alright Grandad. Grime in the early 2000s was thrilling. You know, like fifteen years ago or more.

Are you using that bib? My dinner is here.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: jobotic on July 15, 2018, 09:01:04 PM
Alright Grandad. Grime in the early 2000s was thrilling. You know, like fifteen years ago or more.

Are you using that bib? My dinner is here.

Grime is still good, you equally elderly man.

Malcy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on July 16, 2018, 03:04:20 PM
Grime is still good, you equally elderly man.

UK hip hop and grime is past its prime but there are still some good artists out there. American hip hop is in an awful fucking state though so hopefully the UK doesn't follow suit.

lebowskibukowski

Quote from: Malcy on July 17, 2018, 10:04:42 PM
UK hip hop and grime is past its prime but there are still some good artists out there. American hip hop is in an awful fucking state though so hopefully the UK doesn't follow suit.

I stopped listening to any new American hip-hop in about 1995. Who is considered the best in the genre these days? Run The Jewels are vastly over-rated. Drake? He's not hip-hop, more R&B surely? Where should I turn for my hip-hop fix?

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Malcy on July 17, 2018, 10:04:42 PM
American hip hop is in an awful fucking state though so hopefully the UK doesn't follow suit.

Quote from: lebowskibukowski on July 18, 2018, 12:45:46 PM
I stopped listening to any new American hip-hop in about 1995.

Oh god!

rasta-spouse

This was a bit awks with Richard Ayoade. He didn't seem to want to be on. Or is that how he is generally,

momatt

He's a fucking moron.
I guess you never get poor pandering to the lowest common denominator.

It's basically shit rap.
Word!

JesusAndYourBush

I thought it was ok.  A bit chaotic but that was a good thing, I think

Quote from: rasta-spouse on July 19, 2018, 09:37:41 AM
This was a bit awks with Richard Ayoade. He didn't seem to want to be on. Or is that how he is generally,

He's always like that.  I don't know if it's a case of never breaking character (like Harpo Marx) or if he's like that in real life.