Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 07:38:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Tech bro and billionaire worship

Started by Twed, July 15, 2018, 08:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Z

Quote from: touchingcloth on September 16, 2019, 10:50:55 PM
Has he started making those cave submarines yet?

I was going to say, does this underground hyperloop vehicle happen to look anything like a slightly water damaged ex-rocket engine?

Sebastian Cobb

Remember when Uber and Lyft started inventing 'vehicles' that can transport 'multiple people' along a 'fixed route' as if it was a new and exciting idea?

Sebastian Cobb

So the guy that Musk hired for £52k to dig up dirt on the diver he called a nonce was a convicted british fraudster who cold-emailed him offering his services as a PI.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1179848803991588865

Cuellar

Urinal Cake

Supreme intelligence at work again.

idunnosomename

What the fuck is wrong with musks face. He always looks like hes sticking his head through a toilet seat in a gurning competition

gilbertharding

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 26, 2019, 06:52:19 PM

Anyone else a little worried for the safety of the virtual woman sat on her own in the middle of the bus there?

How do they keep people away from the yawning chasm which magically appears in the pavement when the bus drops through it?

touchingcloth

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 04, 2019, 11:30:34 AM
Anyone else a little worried for the safety of the virtual woman sat on her own in the middle of the bus there?

How do they keep people away from the yawning chasm which magically appears in the pavement when the bus drops through it?

They don't. They scrape up the bodies and burn them for power.

Dog Botherer

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 03, 2019, 10:34:22 PM
So the guy that Musk hired for £52k to dig up dirt on the diver he called a nonce was a convicted british fraudster who cold-emailed him offering his services as a PI.

https://mobile.twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1179848803991588865

saw this yesterday, fuckin burst out laughing just at the headline. Musk really is just a fucking thick nasty cunt, all flash and no substance.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Dog Botherer on October 04, 2019, 08:29:07 PM
saw this yesterday, fuckin burst out laughing just at the headline. Musk really is just a fucking thick nasty cunt, all flash and no substance.

It's amazing, I don't credit him with much, but grifters can usually spot grifters.

Cuellar

Fair play to the conman

"Might want to look into this diver bloke..."
"Here's 50k at once"

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on October 04, 2019, 08:56:32 PM
It's amazing, I don't credit him with much, but grifters can usually spot grifters.
Different type of grift- technology vs investigative.

Sebastian Cobb

This is what would happen if Legend Gary reached the heady heights of Silicon Valley, as it happens he just manages a warehouse and gets a range rover and drives like a cunt.

Still paid Nosey Brian 50 quid to get the dirt on Tiler Mike, when he beat him in the darts tourney, mind.

kngen

I love that fact that the world's cleverest man* was totally stitched up by someone whose friends and family affectionately call 'a bit of a dodgy geezer. (Sotto voce) If he asks to borrow some money, just tell him that you're skint'.

I'm tempted to drive over to California in a big van and sell him some high-end speakers that are surplus to requirements due to a 'balls-up by those muppets back at the warehouse, innit', then play three-card monte with him while my accomplices colleagues carry large cardboard boxes painted black with the word 'Sew-nee' written in tippex on the front into his mansion.

*in his own mind

Sebastian Cobb

Buzzfeed have fleshed out the whole story.
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ryanmac/unsworth-reply-elon-musk-fucking-idiot?fbclid=IwAR0q8_h7e_X7Bc36MuE7kBNuZeKZPIcY_Jq_Q11hOA6nAbuZyqzIFC5BDeg

In a Sept. 4, 2018 email to a public relations consultant named Juleanna Glover, Musk calls himself "a fucking idiot" for providing a BuzzFeed News reporter with unverified information that he hoped would lead them to "investigate and come to their own conclusions" and "not publish my email directly."

Have you tried to give him money?

He doesn't like money, he just wants you to say sorry for calling him a nonce.

No, I don't think we'll be doing that, lets give this guy who emailed me 50k and email some newspapers asking them to slander him.

Maybe not worth bumping the thread over this (what do you expect from Nassim Nicholas "everyone except me is a charlatan" Taleb?), but the tweet and the replies got a right laugh out of me. Prime cut example of billionaire worship.

https://twitter.com/nntaleb/status/1183796584225619972

Quote from: Nassim Nicholas Taleb @nntalebThose with brains no balls become mathematicians, those with balls no brains join the mafia, those with no balls no brains become economists.

And those with brains and balls become ____?

All the arse-lickers writing "entrepeneurs", "traders" and "successful" lol. (By what metric are professional mathematicians and economists 'unsuccessful'? In what world are mobsters scraping to make a living?)

Billionaires don't care about you, and you're not going to delude your way into becoming one, morons.

Blumf

Vernon Unsworth officially a 'pedo guy':

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50695593
QuoteElon Musk did not defame a British caver who helped in last year's rescue of trapped Thai schoolboys by calling him a "pedo guy", a US jury has found.

Vernon Unsworth sought $190m (£145m) in damages from the Tesla founder, arguing that the tweet damaged his reputation.
Mr Musk told the court this week the phrase "pedo guy" was common in South Africa, where he grew up.

Speaking to reporters outside the courtroom after the jury reached its decision, Mr Musk said: "My faith in humanity is restored."

Which is nice.

Pseudopath

I can't believe he won this case, especially after he went on to call the same guy a "child rapist" in a personal email. I assume that's also a common insult in Pretoria.

What a fucking baller. Living on the very cusp of the "half your age plus seven" rule.

Piggyoioi

did anyone see the interview with zuckerberg where he declares his admiration for roman emperor augustus? he even sports the same hair style. faggot is a tech grown narcissist that needs to be capped in the head before its too late.

Urinal Cake

Quote from: Pseudopath on December 07, 2019, 01:07:21 AM
I can't believe he won this case, especially after he went on to call the same guy a "child rapist" in a personal email. I assume that's also a common insult in Pretoria.

What a fucking baller. Living on the very cusp of the "half your age plus seven" rule.
Los Angeles, California- so Musk's crowd. Though I do like the lawyers trying to bring South Africa into it.

Ian Drunken Smurf

Head Gardener

idunnosomename

What would he have to lose if he lost the case? Whatever fine would be chump change surely