Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:55:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ed Sheeran - Cuntiest Ginger in the UK?

Started by bgmnts, July 15, 2018, 11:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/15/former-rough-sleeper-ed-sheeran-wins-permission-anti-homeless/

Whilst i'm sure we all hope the mediocre minstrel is maimed by his marvelously malignant modifications, is there a shittier ginger in the UK (except Chris Evans).

Funcrusher

God, are we going with this lazy ginger shit?

madhair60

Don't really have a strong opinion about Ed Sheeran. I had spikes put up on the benches outside my gaff but now i just get shitloads of indian fakirs sleeping on them, fucking arseache.

Paul Calf

I don't really want to defend this tedious peddler of facile nursery rhymes, but he did counter the accusation by telling the Telegraph that the fence was intended to keep journalists away, which might explain their antipathy towards him.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 15, 2018, 11:20:38 PM
I don't really want to defend this tedious peddler of facile nursery rhymes, but he did counter the accusation by telling the Telegraph that the fence was intended to keep journalists away, which might explain their antipathy towards him.

If I was him I'd have sought planning permission for some pop-up gadgets that douse the press in water, or possibly flames.

monolith

I can't fathom why he is so popular and don't really have much of an opinion about him as a person, however I'm inclined to believe that international pop star Ed Sheeran probably gets more bother from paparazzi than from homeless people in Kensington.

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 15, 2018, 11:14:22 PM

He's not lazy. He performed four stadium gigs in a row in Cardiff recently.

Captain Z

Saw him recently at one of the Radio1 events and he seemed an alright bloke.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: bgmnts on July 15, 2018, 11:12:22 PM
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/07/15/former-rough-sleeper-ed-sheeran-wins-permission-anti-homeless/

Whilst i'm sure we all hope the mediocre minstrel is maimed by his marvelously malignant modifications, is there a shittier ginger in the UK (except Chris Evans).

I've just read the first line of that article and unless my copy and paste skills have let me down it says:

QuotePop superstar Ed Sheeran, who spent nights sleeping rough on the streets of London early in his career, has won planning permission to install "anti-homeless" railings outside his £8m London home.

Pop superstar Ed Sheeran, who spent nights sleeping rough on the streets of London early in his career, has won planning permission to install "anti-homeless" railings outside his £8m London home.

Pop superstar Ed Sheeran, who spent nights sleeping rough on the streets of London early in his career, has won planning permission to install "anti-homeless" railings outside his £8m London home.

Well, in fairness, if there's anyone who should know what it takes to get off the streets, I'll give some credence to someone who has been there & donates money to a respective charity.

Out of interest, OP, how many unwanted homeless people are sleeping on your property? (gags aside)

Urinal Cake

There are good and bad homeless people. The good ones are struggling artist types who are young and chipper. Or able to use their misery constructively like in art, song or in regailing their life story. Ed was one of those.

Depressed Beyond Tables

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 16, 2018, 01:47:28 AM
There are good and bad homeless people. The good ones are struggling artist types who are young and chipper. Or able to use their misery constructively like in art, song or in regailing their life story. Ed was one of those.

And which ones would you offer up your property to?

Urinal Cake

The issue is on his property not mine. A quick Google search reveals that he bought a 'street'- enough space to keep fans, paps and homeless away. That coupled with the security he already has as a celebrity this isn't an issue about feeling safe but about keeping the riff raff out. 

If I were to move to a location where people slept rough then I'd be fine with it. Though i'd understand why possible visitors wouldn't feel safe.

If I had Ed's houses I'd leave it be.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 16, 2018, 02:06:40 AM
The issue is on his property not mine. A quick Google search reveals that he bought a 'street'- enough space to keep fans, paps and homeless away. That coupled with the security he already has as a celebrity this isn't an issue about feeling safe but about keeping the riff raff out. 

I realise this isn't quite his situation but I think if someone told me they lived in a gated community I'd probably not trust them or like them as a person.

BlodwynPig

He once slept rough...at Buckingham Palace...ffs, the JK Rowling cunt of shite music.

Depressed Beyond Tables

But that's not an answer to my question:

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 16, 2018, 01:50:33 AM
And which (homeless people good/bad) would you offer up your property to?

Would you like 'good' homeless musicians?

or

'bad' substance abuse victims?

Quote from: Urinal Cake on July 16, 2018, 02:06:40 AM
The issue is on his property not mine.

"I cannot comment on that situation"

*after commenting on situation*

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 16, 2018, 02:48:20 AM
I realise this isn't quite his situation but I think if someone told me they lived in a gated community I'd probably not trust them or like them as a person.

I live in a gated community, and don't believe it has particularly impacted upon my morals, beliefs or personality.

Mind you, it's fairly common in big cities in China. It's the people with gardens you don't want to trust.

Pijlstaart

Saved an otherwise sub-par season of game of thrones with a scene-stealing cameo, so he's alright in my book. Failed to get a part in the cult classic Britannia high, but his audition clearly influenced and shaped it for the better. Not out to impress us, just to make the world a better place, and he's done that.

Icehaven

Quote from: Depressed Beyond Tables on July 16, 2018, 01:42:01 AM
I've just read the first line of that article and unless my copy and paste skills have let me down it says:

Well, in fairness, if there's anyone who should know what it takes to get off the streets, I'll give some credence to someone who has been there & donates money to a respective charity.

Out of interest, OP, how many unwanted homeless people are sleeping on your property? (gags aside)

Also not defendingor attacking him particularly as I don't really know anything about him but in that same article he makes a point of saying he doesn't like it when people say he slept rough or was homeless, that it 'wasn't like that'. What it actually was like, maybe somewhere between having nowhere to stay after doing London gigs a few times or longer spells of wanting to be in London for his career but not always having a couch to crash on who knows, but even by his own admission he wasn't homeless.

Bobtoo

When you read the article you find that the headline was misleading at best. Am I wrong in expecting the "quality" press to be a bit more subtle? It also seems to be a regurgitation of a tabloid story from weeks ago.

TrenterPercenter

OP Errr I think "rough sleeping" is a concern for the council because it is what fans do not strictly homeless people.

It's obviously intentionally written to smear Ed

PS - I fucking hate Ed Sheeran but the press are infinitely worse just stick to criticising his over-hyped shit for cunts music

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Personality wise, he seems like quite a nice bloke, but his tattoos deserve him extra special derision. They're just so unbelievably shit as fuck.

Jockice

Quote from: Funcrusher on July 15, 2018, 11:14:22 PM

It'll never ever EVER end. Whenever someone can't think of anything witty and original about a redhead the lazy ginger shit will make a special guest appearance,

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

^ You're quite right, my ginger bollocked friend.

Clownbaby

I really don't get why Ed Sheeran has quite this level of success. Yeah his songs are obviously working for people, he's unassuming and unthreatening, seems like an okay, neither nice nor nasty person, but I don't see anything in him that says "star". He just looks like any old cunt from my school with a guitar. He's sort of soft and doughy in appearance and personality, he gives off no sexuality or charisma whatsoever. Thing is there is definitely  huge market for an artist like this, so it must just be something I'm not seeing. I genuinely don't think I'd be starstruck or nervous if I met him. I'd just be like "alright Ed"

I don't feel strongly either way about his songs. I don't like them and I don't dislike them. (Apart from Galway Girl, that song is SHIT) he's so nothing that there isn't really anything distinctive about him them that makes him either relatable or unusual. Don't get the lad. I can't figure out how you could put a poster of him up on your wall and think ooh isn't he gorgeous. Imagine looking at Ed Sheeran and hearing his songs and feeling all gooey. Imagine caressing that orange bumfluff on his pudgy chin while he tells you a story about how he got so drunk once he put a traffic cone on his head like an absolute madman. You can't can you

machotrouts

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 16, 2018, 10:55:08 AMI really don't get why Ed Sheeran has quite this level of success. Yeah his songs are obviously working for people, he's unassuming and unthreatening, seems like an okay, neither nice nor nasty person, but I don't see anything in him that says "star". He just looks like any old cunt from my school with a guitar. He's sort of soft and doughy in appearance and personality, he gives off no sexuality or charisma whatsoever.

Soft, doughy, ginger, and unassuming is exactly my type. That would be a useful explanation for Ed Sheeran if what you were asking was "why is he machotrouts' boyfriend", but you're not, and he isn't, because I can not embark on a truly respectful and supportive relationship with a man who releases such consistently loathsome music. Please Ed put that guitar away we're in bed having sex now. Oh my god Ed just blow a load without writing a glorified Boyzone b-side about it for once

Clownbaby

Quote from: machotrouts on July 16, 2018, 11:16:40 AM
Soft, doughy, ginger, and unassuming is exactly my type. That would be a useful explanation for Ed Sheeran if what you were asking was "why is he machotrouts' boyfriend", but you're not, and he isn't, because I can not embark on a truly respectful and supportive relationship with a man who releases such consistently loathsome music. Please Ed put that guitar away we're in bed having sex now. Oh my god Ed just blow a load without writing a glorified Boyzone b-side about it for once

Hahaha

Quote from: Jockice on July 16, 2018, 10:40:09 AM
It'll never ever EVER end. Whenever someone can't think of anything witty and original about a redhead the lazy ginger shit will make a special guest appearance,

I'm looking forward to when somebody with brown hair does something cunty, and somebody posts about it, asking whether there's there's a shitter browno than this guy?  Then one or two people can complain about it, while the rest of the folk harp on about how shit the guy's art is, and how it is possible that anyone could find him attractive?  I mean, look at his brown bumfluff on his chin?  And then I can read the post thinking, hang on, it's fucking weird that you've brought hair colour into this.

Bobtoo

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 16, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
I really don't get why Ed Sheeran has quite this level of success. Yeah his songs are obviously working for people, he's unassuming and unthreatening, seems like an okay, neither nice nor nasty person, but I don't see anything in him that says "star". He just looks like any old cunt from my school with a guitar. He's sort of soft and doughy in appearance and personality, he gives off no sexuality or charisma whatsoever. Thing is there is definitely  huge market for an artist like this, so it must just be something I'm not seeing. I genuinely don't think I'd be starstruck or nervous if I met him. I'd just be like "alright Ed"

I don't feel strongly either way about his songs. I don't like them and I don't dislike them. (Apart from Galway Girl, that song is SHIT) he's so nothing that there isn't really anything distinctive about him them that makes him either relatable or unusual. Don't get the lad. I can't figure out how you could put a poster of him up on your wall and think ooh isn't he gorgeous. Imagine looking at Ed Sheeran and hearing his songs and feeling all gooey. Imagine caressing that orange bumfluff on his pudgy chin while he tells you a story about how he got so drunk once he put a traffic cone on his head like an absolute madman. You can't can you

See also Adele. She's a reasonable enough singer-songwriter if you like that sort of thing and doesn't seem to be a terrible person, but I can't understand why she is so successful.

BlodwynPig

Chris Morris fans, 25 years on "The Day Today was a bit much wasn't it", welcome return of 2 pints of lager "that's more palatable"