Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 09:57:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ed Sheeran - Cuntiest Ginger in the UK?

Started by bgmnts, July 15, 2018, 11:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paruses

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on July 16, 2018, 01:48:13 PM
And then I can read the post thinking, hang on, it's fucking weird that you've brought hair colour into this.

Superb.

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on July 16, 2018, 01:48:13 PM
I'm looking forward to when somebody with brown hair does something cunty, and somebody posts about it, asking whether there's there's a shitter browno than this guy?  Then one or two people can complain about it, while the rest of the folk harp on about how shit the guy's art is, and how it is possible that anyone could find him attractive?  I mean, look at his brown bumfluff on his chin?  And then I can read the post thinking, hang on, it's fucking weird that you've brought hair colour into this.

^^^ that that that ^^^

Jockice

Said it many times before and no doubt I'll say it again. There are only two groups of people in this country you can say absolutely anything about, no matter how horrible, and totally get away with it. Red-haired and overweight people. Shouldn't be allowed outside/to reproduce/to live. Just a bit of a laugh though, isn't it? Can't you take a joke, eh?

Paul Calf

Chollis

Quote from: Jockice on July 16, 2018, 02:29:18 PM
Said it many times before and no doubt I'll say it again. There are only two groups of people in this country you can say absolutely anything about, no matter how horrible, and totally get away with it. Red-haired and overweight people. Shouldn't be allowed outside/to reproduce/to live. Just a bit of a laugh though, isn't it? Can't you take a joke, eh?

Eh? You can't mock fat people, it's called fat shaming. I'd say baldness is seemingly for more fair game for a pisstake, which is a bit unfair considering it's something you have no control over.

Clownbaby

I don't really get the single "gingers are ugly" insult thing. I'm just gonna drop it here in case there was any doubt - generally speaking, any colour of chin bumfluff is unappealing to me. Each to their own and stuff. I don't have a serious vendetta against Ed Sheeran and I don't seriously wish him any ill will. As far as I'm concerned anyone I fancy/am a fan of is fair game for someone else to not see the appeal of if they see fit. I bet Ed Sheeran has a bunch of people where he thinks "I just don't get it". It annoys me that people can't have an opinion about a famous person's public persona/art without being seen as simply throwing shade. I even acknowledged that his work and his image must be working for many people.

I feel like with this whole thing about him getting homeless railings put up, they're just doing the usual thing of drawing attention to any slight hypocrisy and making a story about it.

checkoutgirl

Quote"Everyone's saying Ed Sheeran was homeless - I never said that in the book.

"I went without a bed for some nights, that's it. It's just that I didn't have a place to stay [those nights], so I slept on the Central Line and outside Buckingham Palace."

What a dumbass. He doesn't even know what homeless means.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Skinny people are more fair game than fat people.

Hobo With A Shit Pun

You can't mock bald people these days.
That's because they're not, technically, people.

Jockice

I stand by what I said. Bald people and skinny people may get stick but they don't get the absolute repulsion that redheads and the overweight seem to elicit from some. Or if they do I've never heard it. And I do know several bald and skinny people I'll have you know.

Look at that bald/skinny bastard, they shouldn't be allowed to leave their homes/breed/exist. Let's all gang up on them and make them feel like shit. Hmm.

grassbath

Sheeran's popularity baffles me - how can someone whose music is so bland be so incredibly huge? - but is demonstrably not a cunt, as proven by his consistently relaxed and affable nature in every interview and public appearance I've seen, and also by the latter part of this very misleading article.

Clownbaby

Quote from: grassbath on July 16, 2018, 06:37:58 PM
Sheeran's popularity baffles me - how can someone whose music is so bland be so incredibly huge? - but is demonstrably not a cunt, as proven by his consistently relaxed and affable nature in every interview and public appearance I've seen, and also by the latter part of this very misleading article.

Aye he doesn't seem like a bad egg to be fair. Neither here nor there. Just a guy.

DArtagnan

Quote from: Bobtoo on July 16, 2018, 02:03:05 PM
See also Adele. She's a reasonable enough singer-songwriter if you like that sort of thing and doesn't seem to be a terrible person, but I can't understand why she is so successful.

With Adele, she has a strong, very distinctive voice, and writes songs that apparently people like, and identify with, so they buy her albums by the ton.
According to my wife and nieces, she has a way of endearing herself to her audience, making them feel as if they're all working class girls and guys, having a mutually enjoyable time together.
Mr. Sheeran writes some songs that even I enjoy, although I wouldn't wait in line for a ticket to one of his gigs.
One of my nieces, drove from London to Glasgow, dropped her 3 y.o. at grandma's place, turned around and drove to Manchester to see Ed Sheeran, then drove back to Glasgow to pick her kid up, and a day later, drove back to London, now that's nuts IMO, but the guy's songs and style must have impressed her, and she's no dumbo, she's a university educated big wheel in IT.

Chollis

Quote from: Jockice on July 16, 2018, 04:34:33 PM
I stand by what I said. Bald people and skinny people may get stick but they don't get the absolute repulsion that redheads and the overweight seem to elicit from some. Or if they do I've never heard it. And I do know several bald and skinny people I'll have you know.

Look at that bald/skinny bastard, they shouldn't be allowed to leave their homes/breed/exist. Let's all gang up on them and make them feel like shit. Hmm.

I'll give you gingers but there's no way you can say "absolutely anything" horrible about overweight people and "get away with it", it's a pretty sensitive one especially recently. Bald/balding mockery is much more acceptable.

canadagoose

Quote from: Chollis on July 16, 2018, 09:24:16 PM
I'll give you gingers but there's no way you can say "absolutely anything" horrible about overweight people and "get away with it", it's a pretty sensitive one especially recently. Bald/balding mockery is much more acceptable.
The balds are the most oppressed minority in the UK today. It's a disgrace.

bgmnts

What about phimosis sufferers?

Surely they are the real oppressed minority.

Jockice

Quote from: Chollis on July 16, 2018, 09:24:16 PM

The fat-shaming outcry has only been very recent. I'd urge you to read the testimonies of some people who actually have been victimised and treated as subhumans because of their weight. And I can guarantee if three people, one ginger, one overweight and one bald got cornered by a bunch of yobs, the first two of them would get the vast majority of abuse. Not to say that bald blokes don't get stick. But I disagree totally that the amount they get is in any way comparable to redheads or the overweight. If you're bald (or indeed redhaired) you can disguise it but if you're big you have nowhere to hide.

GMTV

To finish some Doritos and another bottle of wine

Isnt Anything

Quote from: Jockice on July 16, 2018, 10:40:09 AM
It'll never ever EVER end. Whenever someone can't think of anything witty and original about a redhead the lazy ginger shit will make a special guest appearance,

Quote from: An Actual Propeller on July 16, 2018, 01:48:13 PMAnd then I can read the post thinking, hang on, it's fucking weird that you've brought hair colour into this.

Exactly. What the fuck does his hair colour have to do with anything ?!

Twit 2

Sebastian Cobb

Can I still call him a 'speccy twat'?

I wear glasses, like.

Twed

Ed Sheeran looks like he should have been in Tots TV.

Paul Calf

Quote from: DArtagnan on July 16, 2018, 08:53:28 PM
With Adele, she has a strong, very distinctive voice, and writes songs that apparently people like, and identify with, so they buy her albums by the ton.
According to my wife and nieces, she has a way of endearing herself to her audience, making them feel as if they're all working class girls and guys, having a mutually enjoyable time together.

Adele flew into a rage about paying tax on the four million quid she made from her uninspired whining. Anyone who thinks this is just wrong.

Gregory Torso

Ed Sheeran looks like an embarrassed sheep that has wondered into the wrong field. He looks like a substitute science teacher that has been filled with water. He's coloured his arms in because they were so pale. In his tramp-proof castle he is drinking peregrine falcon blood smoothies and laughing

Hobo With A Shit Pun

Quote from: bgmnts on July 16, 2018, 09:34:55 PM
What about phimosis sufferers?

Surely they are the real oppressed minority.

Well, if the cap fits...