Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 07:48:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Favourite Youtube channels

Started by Clownbaby, July 16, 2018, 05:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I'm wanting to find some more worthwhile Youtube channels with lots of vids. I'm not listing em all but here's some of the channels I'm subscribed to already. I bet someone on here knows of some interesting shit. I'm pretty broad about what I watch to be honest.

The Carpetbagger - Guy who looks around obscure tourist attractions in America

This is Dan Bell. - Beatifully shot exploration of hundreds of dead shopping malls, abandoned buildings etc.

ReportOfTheWeek - That suit-wearing lad who looks like Lorde and does really endearingly detailed reviews of fast food

First we Feast - For the celebrities eating chicken wings with hot sauce interviews

Bad Lip Reading - Really bizarre dubs of songs and TV clips

Fantano/theneedledrop - I've seen a lot of people think this guy is a bellend but I think he's precious. I like his reviews and he covers an eclectic range of music while being more or less fair and not snobby. So there.

therockafire - Showbiz Pizza "The Rock-Afire Explosion" animatronic band restoration

I Hate Everything - Mainly for his "search for the worst" series where he watches horrible films and moans about them

andywilson92 - Ugly, ugly computer animations from the pits of Hell. They're so horrible but strangely haunting

TVFilthyFrank - Never see any mention of Papa Franku on here, I fucking love his channel and I think for a heavily memed internet personality his stuff was strangely genius. I've never seen anything like it. Shame he's just doing mumble sad boy music now

Nick Denboer - Strange and very funny animations and edits featuring Jimmy Saville, Bill Cosby, The Shining if it was a Chicken place etc.

Clownbaby

Cyriak is mint. I'll have to subscribe to that.

I like Reviewbrah too.

I watch Nerdwriter, Hot Ones on First We Feast, Casey Neistat, h3h3, beardmeatsfood, Nathan Figueora, cuckoomusic, Jason Nash, theneedledrop, Vinyl Rewind, Robbie Knox, Kitboga, idububzz - loads more.

I watch YouTube more than TV now days.

Edit. See you mention Hot Ones and Fantano already

Clownbaby

Aww I used to love h3h3 but they've got a bit too invested in the Youtube drama, I feel like a lot of their videos are quite samey now. I still think Ethan and Hila seem like cool people though. There was a time when I was really obsessed with getting my hands on a Dunnie, never got one

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 17, 2018, 12:01:46 PM
Aww I used to love h3h3 but they've got a bit too invested in the Youtube drama, I feel like a lot of their videos are quite samey now. I still think Ethan and Hila seem like cool people though. There was a time when I was reallt obsessed with getting my hands on a Dunnie, never got one

Yeah, they're a shadow of their former self. Someone did a good video explaining why they can't really do videos like the used anymore in 2018 and also why the podcast (which I enjoy) is so much more profitable.

Found it, twas thegamerfrommars - he made two

https://youtu.be/UEl2rnrlu-c
https://youtu.be/ITBJWYHBThY

I have to agree with his opinions.

Z

hbomberguy is fun, don't really share his taste in anything beyond politics as far as I can see but he comes across as a very likeable guy.
shaun is chill as fuck, has a style I'm surprised more don't try to do tbh.
kim justice provides a pretty great service in terms of focusing on things most retro games things simply ignore (e.g. the entire English computer scene). Feel like she's trying to court patreons a good bit more and focusing in on topics I give less of a shit about (e.g. I've already heard so much about pro wrestling games...)
brian limond
techmoan can be a pretty easy way to kill 5-10 minutes. Not gonna love it but I'll usually find it a bit interesting.

Spiteface

I like Todd in the Shadows' One Hit Wonderland and Trainwreckords videos.

I also enjoy PremierGuitar's "Rig Rundown" videos, because I'm nosey and I like seeing what guitarists use, even ones in bands I don't particularly like.