Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:54:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Really insignificant shitty things that ruin your day nonetheless.

Started by Clownbaby, July 16, 2018, 05:52:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clownbaby

I'm starting to feel a puffy throat :( hopefully it's just a 24 hour cold.

Getting sneered at by a charity worker/person selling Sky TV when they beeline toward me and I politely say "no thank you." I've had one do the two fingers to the eyes "I'm watching you" thing before. Attitude much

Headphones snagging on door handle and ripping out of ears/one headphone stops working

Walking somewhere where you can't change your clothes and you're there for a good few hours feeling a bit sweaty because it's hot and you can't get changed

DVD skips and doesn't benefit from being rubbed on couch arm

Can't draw something right

Nothing nice in fridge

QDRPHNC

Today, it was really feeling like eating a biscuit at 10:30am and not having one on me.

monkfromhavana

Fishing into pocket to get pound out, and getting all the coins apart from a pound coin or anything that adds up to a pound.

Clownbaby

Quote from: monkfromhavana on July 16, 2018, 06:09:12 PM
Fishing into pocket to get pound out, and getting all the coins apart from a pound coin or anything that adds up to a pound.

Speaking of pound coins, this morning I just realised I still have a few old pound coins in my savings jar that are useless now.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Clownbaby on July 16, 2018, 06:10:28 PM
Speaking of pound coins, this morning I just realised I still have a few old pound coins in my savings jar that are useless now. Maybe the Coinstar machine will take them

I think banks will still take them. Alternatively put them in shopping trolleys and push them into the canal.

Came in here to post doing a shop and finding the place out of key ingredients you can't substitute. A regular experience if you go to Lidl.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 16, 2018, 06:11:37 PM
I think banks will still take them. Alternatively put them in shopping trolleys and push them into the canal.

Came in here to post doing a shop and finding the place out of key ingredients you can't substitute. A regular experience if you go to Lidl.

I'm all about that garlic Créfee cheese mousse from Lidl and I genuinely want to kick the fridge when it's sold out. They used to do some really cute little mini pastry aperitif things that I was obsessed with, like tiny baby pasties, I loved them. Gone. Nowhere makes them now.

Tombola

Seeing a photo someone's taken of me at the weekend, looking grotesque.

New Jack

I find it really wearying sometimes the way people attack you online over unexpected, insignificant things. I understand politics is a toxic subject and other topics like, say, football, are basically guaranteeing arguments, but on another forum I've contributed to a recipe thread and some bloke is spamming that the recipe I contributed is wrong and is 'for children', when I've just plonked in a Marcella Hazan recipe, so now he's saying she's 'wrong', or rather her estate / intellectual property as she's a dead, famous chef

Has absolutely no further significance than someone being an idiot, although I know him enough to know he's basically pathologically critical, but the wasted energy of trolling a recipe thread baffles me in ways I'll never understand, and consequently leaves me drained for even pondering motives.

New Jack's getting upset!

Barry Admin

I'm sorry, but I'm gonna lock this.

Many, many years ago we had "things that brighten/ruin your day" threads. And they were very popular, and killed any diversity of conversation on here.

It's very hard to get people to start new topics on CaB, so if you provide these dumping ground threads, they end up swallowing up a LOT of stuff that should instead be worthy of a thread of its own.

And as I say, it can be hard enough to convince people on here that an idea is "worthy" of a thread, when it's actually the most niche, esoteric threads that are really interesting and surprising. And those are precisely the kinds of discussions that get swallowed up by threads like this one, unfortunately.

Apologies. Hopefully this won't ruin your day.