Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:29:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Really ugly films that are just horrible to watch

Started by Clownbaby, July 17, 2018, 12:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gatchamandave

Quote from: goinggoinggone on August 31, 2018, 08:50:12 PM
Has anyone mentioned Hugh Hudson's Revolution yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8F2GLhLYjM

There was a tv advert of the time in which one of Jasper Carrot's lads was using an automatic camera to photograph a wedding and David Bailey looked on with contempt. The Carrot fella then transported them to the set of Hugh Hudson's upcoming movie and claimed he used the same equipment. And Revolution was the result. Awful cinematography.

greenman

Has there ever been a non terrible film made about the American revolution?

Shit Good Nose

Best thing about Revolution is the fairly obvious double glazing in some of the buildings.  Once you see it, you can never unsee it.

Quote from: greenman on September 01, 2018, 04:42:06 PM
Has there ever been a non terrible film made about the American revolution?

You can count the decent ones I've seen on less than one hand - 1776, Drums Along the Mohawk and The Devi's Disciple.

The Bastard is an also-ran - not bad, but has some made-for-TV trappings that let it down.

By association I guess you could also include Sweet Liberty.  I've always liked it, but not many are keen on that either.

BlodwynPig

This summer...

Less than One Hand.

A heart-rending tale of one man's struggle to grasp the futility of his nephew's life as a double-glazing salesgirl during the American Revolution.

(From the Director of most of the Minotaur series...starring Jennifer Aniston in a career defining role as the milk-lady...and introducing Shit Good Nose as the off-screen nephew).

Shit Good Nose

Right, Blods, this is now the THIRD time you've promised me screentime with Jen, and the THIRD time you've let me down.  I clearly remember you selling me on this role by saying "don't worry, cos as the nephew salesgirl there's a scene with Jen - as a milk-lady, with the outfit and everything - and you tell her about the sealants used and the changes in legislation over the years, how triple glazing will improve U-values and all that, and then she shows you how to milk various animals, and then you lez up".  And now you tell me I'm not even going to be IN it!?!?!?!?!

GAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shit Good Nose on September 01, 2018, 10:01:17 PM
Right, Blods, this is now the THIRD time you've promised me screentime with Jen, and the THIRD time you've let me down.  I clearly remember you selling me on this role by saying "don't worry, cos as the nephew salesgirl there's a scene with Jen - as a milk-lady, with the outfit and everything - and you tell her about the sealants used and the changes in legislation over the years, how triple glazing will improve U-values and all that, and then she shows you how to milk various animals, and then you lez up".  And now you tell me I'm not even going to be IN it!?!?!?!?!

GAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is an ugly business. Best mates one day. So much fluff the next.

Shit Good Nose

Just you wait - in 15 to 20 years time I'm going to go on Ellen and tell everyone about the time you cupped my balls and complimented me on how smooth they were.  #ballscount #thinkabouttheballs

BlodwynPig