Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:06:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Possible art sub forum

Started by Mr_Simnock, July 17, 2018, 04:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Simnock

Would it be possible to have an art sub forum within CaB, even if it's just a part of the 'shelf abuse' section.

Neil posted this response in a now closed thread -

QuoteAnd as I say, it can be hard enough to convince people on here that an idea is "worthy" of a thread, when it's actually the most niche, esoteric threads that are really interesting and surprising. And those are precisely the kinds of discussions that get swallowed up by threads like this one, unfortunately.

I would like to start threads about art but currently with the state of H.S.Art (the absolute arse end dustbin of CaB) it's currently not going to happen.

Would this "Art" forum be "safe for Work"?

chveik

Clownbaby

I'd be down if it's just a "if you've done a picture submit it" laid back kind of thing. I've been meaning to get back into drawing after summer. I've took a break since finishing Illustration at uni and I'm in a weird purgatory waiting for the graduation ceremony in November, which is probs why I'm practically never off here

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 17, 2018, 04:03:55 PMI would like to start threads about art but currently with the state of H.S.Art (the absolute arse end dustbin of CaB) it's currently not going to happen.

It's a shame that potentially decent threads could get buried in the painfully unfunny, whimsy shite of HS Art (the Unread Posts page is bad enough to wade through because of this).

Maybe there could be a sticky in HS Art where people could post their recommendations? For example, I nearly missed Space Cunts until someone mentioned it in another thread.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

New Jack

As in our art or me banging on about Chagall or

My custom style is adding hairs and scars and flies going in one ear and out t'other

High art. As in I'm as a kite

Twed

I think it's an excellent idea. Kind of a dumping ground for all the shit nobody wants to see. Spot on.

Gregory Torso

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on July 17, 2018, 04:03:55 PM
the state of H.S.Art (the absolute arse end dustbin of CaB)

Quote from: AsparagusTrevor on July 17, 2018, 05:59:49 PM
the painfully unfunny, whimsy shite of HS Art

Be the change that you want to see in this forum, lads.

BlodwynPig

It's a shame that potentially decent threads could get buried in the painfully unfunny, whimsy shite of HS Art (the Unread Posts page is bad enough to wade through because of this).

Maybe there could be a sticky in HS Art where people could post their recommendations? For example, I nearly missed Space Cunts until someone mentioned it in another thread.

Is your art better than their art?

AsparagusTrevor

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 18, 2018, 01:37:27 AM

Is your art better than their art?

I dunno, I haven't seen any.

Spoon of Ploff

The gentrification of H.S. Art is something that must be fought tooth and claw. I'll see you on the barricades comrades.

Dex Sawash