Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 05:10:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length

They caught a pedo outside of Tesco Express

Started by biggytitbo, July 17, 2018, 07:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggytitbo

Don't think it had anything up to do with Elon Musk, but the Tesco Express near work was the scene of one of those 'paedophile hunter' gangs snaring their prey earlier today. The paedophile hunter gang where assisted by a couple of fat necked, club bouncer types wearing bomber jackets saying (I'm genuinely not making this up) 'NONCE SENSE SECURITY' on the back.

They confronted this middle aged man sat outside Tesco Express and live streamed the whole thing on facebook along with his full name and what he was accused of. According to them he had groomed a 12 year old girl on the internet (which I presume was one of the paedophile hunters playing the part) and they had a folder with transcripts and read them back to him - 'I want to suck your nipples' etc (thats what he'd said to the girl, not what the paedophile hunters said to the paedophile, that would be really weird).

This went for about 30 minutes before it got a bit tasty when he wanted to leave - 'you're not just ruining my life but my family too' but the bouncers wouldn't let him go, and the police eventually arrived and took him away in a car.

What's your stance on random nutters capturing paedophiles outside of Tesco express like they're playing PokeMongo? I know some police forces have argued that if trained properly they can provide an important counterpart to police investigations, but I can't help feel its a recipe for disaster. I mean this guy's life is ruined and he'll probably killed himself, and that was before the police was even involved. Is there any need to live stream it on facebook? What does that add to their no doubt sincere quest for justice?

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Any endorsement of vigilantism by the police, whether explicit or tacit always paves the way to a series of unintended injustices. Whether that be petty personal grievances leading to false accusations, witch hunts that destroy innocent people or as seen recently, the nonce hunters causing the collapse of court cases in the process of trying and possibly convicting actual abusers.

These injustices are not acceptable. If the police can't do their job then solve that problem by making them better, not by acquiescing to gammon thugs with a predilection for violence who are overjoyed at finding a subject matter people are prepared to suspend their humanity (weirdly hypocritically for).

Where critical thinking ends, this starts.

monolith

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 17, 2018, 07:30:22 PM
club bouncer types wearing bomber jackets saying (I'm genuinely not making this up) 'NONCE SENSE SECURITY' on the back.
Nice try ;).

Kryton

As much as I want to see child predators getting dealt with - what happens when they livestream the lynching of an innocent person? A case of mistaken identity or something? I'm assuming that's a lawsuit waiting to happen?

Also the live stream comments are sometimes primal I've seen comments from the public demanding the paedo hunters stomp on their heads or kick the fuck out of them. Comments akin to the 'I hope that rapist gets raped in prison' kinda thing. Just let the fucking police deal with them...

Where is the line drawn?

Oh I watched one a few days ago, some nonce had been chatting up a 12 year old girl and was caught outside a train station. Anyway the transport police come over and take the nonce away, but the paedo hunters were screaming at the transport police about 'you'll just let him go and get out my face, I know my rights'. I was mildly hoping everyone would get arrested.

canadagoose

Not too long ago, in the lovely town of Armadale, West Lothian (see also: desolation thread), the "Wolf Pack Hunters" did one of their stings on a suspected paedophile and it ended up with an angry mob rioting and setting the guy's car on fire. I mean, I've not got much sympathy for grown men who try to sexually abuse children, but the guy hadn't even been charged or convicted. It's a bit scary. What if someone with a lot of social influence with a bit of a sociopathic streak tries to frame someone with planted evidence and it ends in murder or something?

Kryton

Quote from: canadagoose on July 17, 2018, 07:47:59 PM
Not too long ago, in the lovely town of Armadale, West Lothian (see also: desolation thread), the "Wolf Pack Hunters" did one of their stings on a suspected paedophile and it ended up with an angry mob rioting and setting the guy's car on fire. I mean, I've not got much sympathy for grown men who try to sexually abuse children, but the guy hadn't even been charged or convicted. It's a bit scary. What if someone with a lot of social influence with a bit of a sociopathic streak tries to frame someone with planted evidence and it ends in murder or something?

Yup it's happened before. I think it happened recently in Bristol, some disabled guy got kicked and burned to death.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/29/vigilante-murder-paedophile-bristol-bijan-ebrahimi

Is it justified for the police to defuse such situations, a door to door thing, telling the neighbours that the man is innocent, rather than sending him home to the mob?

Rolf Lundgren

I prefer the old fashioned method - send in Chris Hansen with a clipboard.

canadagoose

Quote from: Kryton on July 17, 2018, 07:50:20 PM
Yup it's happened before. I think it happened recently in Bristol, some disabled guy got kicked and burned to death.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/oct/29/vigilante-murder-paedophile-bristol-bijan-ebrahimi
There you go - point proven. It's pretty scary.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Even language like "dealt with" is euphemistic and designed to couch sympathy for violence.

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 17, 2018, 07:56:54 PM
Even language like "dealt with" is euphemistic and designed to couch sympathy for violence.

I think the latter half of my post when I decried the mob violence and was supportive of real justice kind of erased any sympathy for violence (assuming you were referring to my post?). However I could have worded it better I agree.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: bgmnts on July 17, 2018, 08:03:28 PM
Tesco....

Where was Dr Rock..?

Classic excuse to rail tonnes of scran on the sly I'd barney

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: Kryton on July 17, 2018, 08:08:03 PM
I think the latter half of my post when I decried the mob violence and was supportive of real justice kind of erased any sympathy for violence (assuming you were referring to my post?). However I could have worded it better I agree.

I recognise you posted sensible stuff below. I don't think any suggestion from any human that another human should get dealt with is helpful as it implies that retribution is "right deep down if only the liberals with their courts and lawyers didn't get in the way". I disagree and think justice can be entirely served via due process.

That may not be what you think but that's the inherent risk of such a phrase.

Kryton

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on July 17, 2018, 08:10:16 PM
I recognise you posted sensible stuff below. I don't think any suggestion from any human that another human should get dealt with is helpful as it implies that retribution is "right deep down if only the liberals with their courts and lawyers didn't get in the way". I disagree and think justice can be entirely served via due process.

That may not be what you think but that's the inherent risk of such a phrase.

I fully agree. I'd edit my post, but it would devalue your decent comment. Dealt with was a poor choice of words. I genuinely meant dealt by the justice system.

greenman

Unfortunately you can't do the Bale Batman voice when your impersonating a 12 year old girl so the whole enterprise is doomed to failure.

Alberon

A recent 24-hours in Police Custody followed one of these. They showed the initial onfrontation where the paedo hunters had to end up protecting their target as some quite angry people following the live broadcast showed up.

The alleged-paedo lost his job and home and ended up living in his car which was subsequently trashed and then torched. He moved around the country but was recognised and beaten up several times.

biggytitbo

I think a lot of these paedophile hunter people are quite damaged and unstable themselves, presumably victim so abuse and seething with rage. The guy in that documentary a while back was clearly not someone you'd ever want to be presiding over dispensing justice in something so sensitive.

Soup

When you think about it, pedos should be illegal.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 17, 2018, 08:17:45 PM
I think a lot of these paedophile hunter people are quite damaged and unstable themselves, presumably victim so abuse and seething with rage. The guy in that documentary a while back was clearly not someone you'd ever want to be presiding over dispensing justice in something so sensitive.

Of course they are damaged. The only person who thinks hunting paedophiles in a special white man gang who might get a bit lairy but so what it's a paedo is redemptive is the sort of person who fundamentally believes violence is a method of delivering justice.

Everything we are should be thrown at demonstrating why they are wrong.

Imagine instead of the police, Legend Gary turned up. But remember when he decked that nonce in Malta? Looked like one, end of.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 17, 2018, 07:30:22 PM
its a recipe for disaster

It's not a recipe for disaster, it's a fully cooked four course meal disaster in a Michelin star restaurant. I think it should go without saying that justice should not be left to a brainless beefcake with NONCE SENSE written on the back of his jumper. It's clearly open to abuse. All that has to happen is some criminals want to fuck with someone and they use this as a nice way to do it.

If the cops didn't take the vigilantes down the station then they are failing in their brief. If the police endorse this in any way then they're just reinforcing their classic image as a bunch of racist thugs with some very suspect motivations for being in the force i.e pushing people around with impunity.

Nobody comes out of the well, the cops (thugs), the paedo hunters (brainless thugs) or the paedo being hunted (either a paedo or a wrongly accused innocent).

It's just an ugly mess.

Crisps?

Always a bit weird when people whose job it isn't and who aren't getting paid for it make the effort to show how against something they are. Almost like they're compensating for something. I mean, pretending to be a 12 year old girl online to meet child molestors is weird enough if you're an FBI agent, but just some bloke doing it? Musk wouldn't be having any of it.

Twed

Quote from: Crisps? on July 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM
Always a bit weird when people whose job it isn't and who aren't getting paid for it make the effort to show how against something they are. Almost like they're compensating for something. I mean, pretending to be a 12 year old girl online to meet child molestors is weird enough if you're an FBI agent, but just some bloke doing it? Musk wouldn't be having any of it.
I think it's often a huge projective kink about being a naughty boy.

asids

Can we get paedo hunter hunters? I think it's the only way to stop it.

chveik

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIf the police endorse this in any way then they're just reinforcing their classic image as a bunch of thugs with some very suspect motivations for being in the force i.e pushing people around with impunity.

Underfunded, beleaguered thugs at that.

garbed_attic

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 17, 2018, 08:17:45 PM
The guy in that documentary a while back was clearly not someone you'd ever want to be presiding over dispensing justice in something so sensitive.

I thought Stinton seemed like an earnest but damaged sort... I think he's genuinely motivated by a sense of injustice over having been abused as a child, while also engaged in a naval-gazing attempt to redeem himself for torching a primary school as a teenager. We chatted once and I quite liked him!

dallasman

Great first line of a song, though

They caught a paedo outside of Tesco Express
They called the police, then alerted the press
The pervert protested, said "what's all the fuss?
I'm having a bite, then I'm catching a bus"
"No you're not" said the hero, producing a bag.
"We got screengrabs of you chatting up this young slag"
As it turned out, the girl was an agent in drag
And the peadophile no longer fancied a shag

All aboard, get on board with the Tesco Express
We're catching us a peado and we're gonna leave a mess
Just picture a child in provocative dress

The officers asked, "have you something to say
To get off your chest before you're put away?"
The paedo he pleaded "have mercy on me!
At worst, I'd have rocked that sweet thing on my knee
I was only responding to what I was fed
You cockteases put all this stuff in my head
I'm an innocent man, or may God strike me dead"
Then the hammers descended en masse on his head

GUITAR SOLO

TWO MORE GUITAR SOLOS

biggytitbo

Quote from: Crisps? on July 17, 2018, 08:37:30 PM

Musk would catch the tesco paedos using an elaborate mechanised butterfly net made out of old rocket parts.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: Alberon on July 17, 2018, 08:16:00 PM
A recent 24-hours in Police Custody followed one of these. They showed the initial onfrontation where the paedo hunters had to end up protecting their target as some quite angry people following the live broadcast showed up.

The alleged-paedo lost his job and home and ended up living in his car which was subsequently trashed and then torched. He moved around the country but was recognised and beaten up several times.

He was a caretaker in the Primary School (the aptly named 'Shade School') down the road from where I live and I started a similar thread to this one when he was first caught.

https://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic,59519.0.html