Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:53:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

You people need to learn how to use IMG WIDTH

Started by Noonling, July 18, 2018, 09:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noonling

C'mon folks, I'm so tired of seeing giant images.

replace ( with [ for:
(img width=600)url(/img)

So you get this:

Instead of

Paul Calf

You complainers really need to learn to use code tags

[img width=600]url[/img]

Perhaps we like big pictures. Did you think of that? No, you didn't.

steve98

Test post

EDIT: It worked - normal size. :) :)

Thanks OP

Sherman Krank

I've genuinely always wanted to know how to do this. Thanks.

St_Eddie

Personally, I save an image to my desktop, then upload it to imgur (under my account) and resize it using that site.  I then post the resulting link here.  The handy thing about using this method is that not only are the images resized but also, it avoids the potential for receiving a 'no hotlinking' image, in place of the one that you want to post.  Best of all, it literally takes all of one minute to do.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 18, 2018, 01:46:15 PM
Personally, I save an image to my desktop, then upload it to imgur (under my account) and resize it using that site.  I then post the resulting link here.  The handy thing about using this method is that not only are the images resized but also, it avoids the potential for receiving a 'no hotlinking' image, in place of the one that you want to post.  Best of all, it literally takes all of one minute to do.

I was impressed you hadn't used the word literally more than once.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 18, 2018, 10:27:41 AM
I've genuinely always wanted to know how to do this. Thanks.

Just quite someone and you can see the macros on their post. That's how I learnt.

St_Eddie

thenoise

You can actually see her nostril hairs.  Amazing.

dallasman

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 18, 2018, 01:46:15 PM

I've been thinking of getting one of those accounts. I sometimes have images on my laptop that I want to post in a thread. Just the other day, I wanted to post a drawing I'd made of an old man wearing a T-shirt that says "FUCK ART, LET'S KILL", but I didn't know how, and I ended up posting random images from the internet instead. My avatar image is hosted at another forum that allows you to upload it directly, provided it's less than 20kb or 150x150 pixels. It's never been a major worry, but I gotta say, that's really no way to live. This  imgur thing is free, yes? Nevermind, rhetorical, I signed up after typing that. Now I'm a member, and I feel powerful. Gonna find a good one to resize for my first attempt. Thanks for the tip!

Depressed Beyond Tables

Uploading and posting image links is fine until that website gets sued out of orbit and all your posts look like:

Twed

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 18, 2018, 09:27:44 AM

Perhaps we like big pictures. Did you think of that? No, you didn't.
You can click/tap resized ones to see them at full size.

Dr Rock

I don't wish to have a great big image that people will have to scroll through, so (width=399) usually does the job.

I might go down to 299, or eve 199 if it's some tory areshole.

Paul Calf

Replies From View

Width=735 or go to hell in a handcart mate.

dallasman

900 looks right to me. If I'm going to hell I'm going WIDESCREEN mate

St_Eddie

Quote from: dallasman on July 18, 2018, 04:11:21 PM
900 looks right to me. If I'm going to hell I'm going WIDESCREEN mate

It's too big for the page (requiring the user to scroll to the right to see how whole image).  Personally, I stick with a width of 630, just to be on the safe side.  By the way, I noticed that you set the size by using the forum's code.  I'd recommend doing it via Imgur instead.  It's not a big deal but it makes more sense to upload and prepare the image at the one place, so that you can then just copy and paste the link and be done with it.  Once you grow accustomed to the layout of Imgur, it becomes second nature.  I could upload, resize and post images via Imgur in my sleep (and near enough have done).

dallasman

I don't get a scroll bar on either of those, but I guess that could be my browser settings. I'll downsize more in the future.

St_Eddie

Quote from: dallasman on July 18, 2018, 04:18:28 PM
Talk more slowly, please

If you want to use the forum's inbuilt size function, then the width should be set to around '700', like so...

(quote this post to see the code).

Quote from: dallasman on July 18, 2018, 04:22:41 PM
I don't get a scroll bar on either of those, but I guess that could be my browser settings. I'll downsize more in the future.

That seems likely.  As I said, 700 or so should be good but again, I like to stick to 630 because that will likely cover all bases, regardless of people's own setup.

im barry bethel

Quote from: thenoise on July 18, 2018, 03:19:14 PM
You can actually see her nostril hairs.  Amazing.

That's bum fluff compared to what you've got coming once you hit 40

Replies From View

Quote from: St_Eddie on July 18, 2018, 04:18:15 PM
It's too big for the page (requiring the user to scroll to the right to see how whole image).  Personally, I stick with a width of 630, just to be on the safe side.  By the way, I noticed that you set the size by using the forum's code.  I'd recommend doing it via Imgur instead.  It's not a big deal but it makes more sense to upload and prepare the image at the one place, so that you can then just copy and paste the link and be done with it.  Once you grow accustomed to the layout of Imgur, it becomes second nature.  I could upload, resize and post images via Imgur in my sleep (and near enough have done).

Not a hassle though to type width= and a number.  Certainly not an effort that is worth reducing the image's original resolution over.

St_Eddie

Quote from: Replies From View on July 18, 2018, 04:52:20 PM
Not a hassle though to type width= and a number.  Certainly not an effort that is worth reducing the image's original resolution over.

True enough.

Bhazor

St_Eddie