Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:55:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The area of Wimbledon, in London, England.

Started by king_tubby, July 18, 2018, 10:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

king_tubby

What are the good pubs and places to eat please?

Thanks in advance for the hilarious comedy answers.

Small Man Big Horse

I was catsitting in Wimbledon just last week, and have done so a few times in the last couple of years, but whenever we've gone out for a meal it hasn't been great. Both the Hand & Racquet and The Alexandra were especially poor, so whatever you do don't go there. The latter is okay for drinking purposes though but it's not anything special.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

The Hand & Racquet is quite good. My gf and I went to a book club meeting there a while ago without actually having read the requisite novel. Hilarity ensued.

king_tubby

Quote from: Small Man Big Horse on July 18, 2018, 11:19:06 AMBoth the Hand & Racquet and The Alexandra were especially poor, so whatever you do don't go there.

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on July 18, 2018, 11:37:39 AM
The Hand & Racquet is quite good.

WHO TO BELIEVE????

a duncandisorderly

Quote from: king_tubby on July 18, 2018, 11:42:46 AM
WHO TO BELIEVE????

crap for food, good for book club imposter hilarity. what's so hard about that?

get a take-out & go to the book club.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on July 18, 2018, 11:37:39 AM
The Hand & Racquet is quite good. My gf and I went to a book club meeting there a while ago without actually having read the requisite novel. Hilarity ensued.

Can you elaborate on the book club bit please?

doppelkorn

Rose and Crown's alright for a pint. I think it's Young's - they're OK. Ask for a Ram and Spesh if you want to be all cool.

DArtagnan

Had a drink in The Dog and Fox once, near some riding stables, clientele a tad poncey, but not a bad place, can't comment on their beers, don't drink the stuff, vodka mainly, but can veer toward bourbon when it gets late.
Went into The White Onion restaurant in the High Street once, for a quick lunch another time, food and service excellent, not knocked out by the decor, don't think I'd try dinner there, for that reason alone.
Can't comment beyond that, rarely go to Wimbledon, but there's nothing wrong in the place.

checkoutgirl

Quote from: king_tubby on July 18, 2018, 10:24:53 AM
What are the good pubs and places to eat please?

Thanks in advance for the hilarious comedy answers.

I'd augment any recommendations on here with the clever use of TripAdvisor. A two pronged approach is the best way.