Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:55:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Beating someone up abroad (hypothetically)

Started by The Boston Crab, July 18, 2018, 12:35:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Purely hypothetical but if I travelled abroad with someone and beat them up, could they call the police on me in this country?

Or, if I hypothetically travel abroad and hypothetically beat someone up, what are their options?

Presumably, hypothetically, if I travel abroad, meet someone there from another country, beat them up, and we return to our separate countries...too much faff for everyone?

Just planning my summer holidays. Cheers.

monolith

Reminds me of when a couple of Geordies decked me shitless on holiday in Spain when I was 17. Had one of those comedy head bumps and permanently fucked up some of the nerves near my right eye meaning I never quite look symmetrical.

Anyway, fuck all happened to them despite calling the police so you'll be fine.

Pseudopath

I know somebody who killed a dude on holiday. He was giving him a lift into town on a scooter and drove over the edge of a cliff. Apparently he woke up at the bottom of the ravine, completely forgot about his passenger and flew back to Britain the next day. It was only when they tried (and failed) to extradite him for manslaughter that he knew anything of it.

I bet the scooter hire company were pretty pissed off too.

I just put hypothetically so nobody said haha what you done mate.

It was prompted by a thought of travelling to China next summer and hypothetically getting into a fight with someone over staring at their girlfriend/prostitute. It never used to happen to me when I lived there but I feel like the country is somewhat less welcoming to foreigners these days. My mate once got into a fight with some Triad who came at him with a knife and cut his arm so my mate smashed the guy's head through a window and ran off. I never got into that kind of thing, though. I got chased several times but always outran them or jumped in a taxi or onto my mate's motorbike.

I turned my attention to an Aussie mate who I love but who's also a bit of a nob at times and I thought what if I beat him up during the reunion, he goes back to Oz, I come back home, what could be reasonably done about it?

Interesting hypothetical stuff, I suppose it depends on the relations between the countries more than anything.

Some of these stories give me the willies to be honest. I shouldn't have started such a flippant thread.

boki

checkoutgirl

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 18, 2018, 01:03:59 PM
I know somebody who killed a dude on holiday. He was giving him a lift into town on a scooter and drove over the edge of a cliff. Apparently he woke up at the bottom of the ravine, completely forgot about his passenger and flew back to Britain the next day. It was only when they tried (and failed) to extradite him for manslaughter that he knew anything of it.

If you go to those lengths to murder somebody you deserve to get away with it if you ask me.

Why the fuck would you go to China for a holiday?  Are you into banging Chineese looking birds?

I really love China. Very addictive intensity and overstimulation. Makes everywhere else seem pretty boring, outside of ultimate natural beauty and best historical cultural places. That's why Europe is the best on balance but for day to day life, China is much more exciting and varied.

No I got a white wife.

kngen

I can't really go back to Holland. Well, I can if I cross the border by land, thus avoiding passport checks (which are rarely more than cursory, but you never know), but if I get lifted and they run my name through the system, I'll probably be fucked.

Sebastian Cobb

[tag]LEGEND GARY'S post-holiday blues [/tag]

boki

Quote from: kngen on July 18, 2018, 04:58:55 PM
I can't really go back to Holland. Well, I can if I cross the border by land, thus avoiding passport checks (which are rarely more than cursory, but you never know), but if I get lifted and they run my name through the system, I'll probably be fucked.

You're CJ DeMooi?!

smudge1971

I once hypothetically went to a hypothetical gig in Bullshit City, Hypothezona and some hypothetical guy, about six-five, hypothetically speaking was filming this hypothetical band and I told him, in no uncertain hypothetical terms not to. He defied me.
I asked again, hypothetically reminding him that since this was a hypothetical situation I could do anything. He defied me once more.
I grabbed his hypothetical phone and kicked it into a hypothetical Wembley goal situated near the hypothetical stage. He looked hypothetical with rage but since I am telling this story I can tell you that I kicked his Hypothetical arse and left the country on the next Easy Hypothejet flight from Hypothesis Airport and I lived to hypothetically do it twice more. Coz I'm a Dr and I'm fucking hard as a bag full of Greggles. Hypothetically.

kngen

Not technically beating someone up, I decked an arrogant, pony-tailed TV boom-mike operator  at a music festival in the south of France about 15 years ago. The fucker was asking for it though. There's only so many times I can take being spat on, poked in the chest and called a 'feeeelthy Eeeeenglish pig' several times an hour. I got a round of applause from my bandmates. Then we all fucked off back to our bus sharpish.

I was paranoid as fuck for weeks after. Thankfully, nothing ever did transpire.

José

I can't get a visa waiver to visit the states because i once thought about shoplifting a freddo when i was 10 years old.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: monolith on July 18, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
Reminds me of when a couple of Geordies decked me shitless on holiday in Spain when I was 17. Had one of those comedy head bumps and permanently fucked up some of the nerves near my right eye meaning I never quite look symmetrical.

Anyway, fuck all happened to them despite calling the police so you'll be fine.

soz

Blue Jam

Yes, but it might be more difficult for the police to find you after Brexit, because Europol might be a bit cigs about sharing the intel with the British fuzz. If you were thinking of murdering someone in mainland Europe you might want to wait a bit.

Pijlstaart

Don't think I'd know what to do if I was contacted by chinese police, it'd all just be noises to me, so I'd probably ignore it. No clue. I read somewhere that it was like pig latin, there was a rhythm to it, and if you changed the order around it would become english, but too much work for me. That is fine. But vice versa, if a chinese person beat you up there'd be nothing you could do, we live in a world without consequences and we are fostering deviant behaviour as a result.

ZoyzaSorris

Quote from: The Boston Crab on July 18, 2018, 01:09:40 PMI got chased several times but always outran them

Good job those little chinese chaps have such short legs, eh readers?

Normally they carrying machete which is a big motivation

monolith

Quote from: BlodwynPig on July 18, 2018, 06:38:01 PM
soz
It's not actually that bad, I'm probably the only person who really notices any difference. Still manage to semi regularly have sex so can't complain too much.

Unless you are saying soz because you were in fact one of the perpetrators (unlikely as you aren't a Geordie), in which case you are forgiven.