Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:41:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Discussion Thread number 3

Started by Dr Rock, July 22, 2018, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howj Begg

jobotic

Quote from: Bhazor on July 26, 2018, 10:55:36 AM
"Paid by Soros." Hey look! Its one of Biggy's talking points. Great bunch of lads.

Theres something you can get behind titty. Hang the remoaners. Traitors the lot of them.

And try and silence the press when they report on the actions of your beloved authoritarians.

https://twitter.com/meghamohan/status/1022381577727344642

biggytitbo

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 26, 2018, 09:30:32 AM
37% of the electorate voted to leave after a law breaking campaign demonstrably filled with lies and misleading information.  And it was over two years ago. 

Yes, to state now that it's 'the will of the people' is very clearly bollocks.

I don't think the 'electorate' framing ploy is very persuasive, you could say the same about almost any vote in history - eg 42% of the electorate voted to join the EEC in 1975, only a third of the electorate voted for Atlee in 45 etc. The people that don't vote aren't going to be represented in the results, so by your reckoning virtually every close referendum and election in history is invalid.

Might remind you vote remain was also a law breaking campaign demonstrably filled with lies and misleading information, how much the remain lies and project fear affected the result is unknown, I personally feel we voted to leave because more people genuinely want to leave the EU than stay and the relentless blame shifting and gish gallop of minor gripes is simply sour grapes from the losing side. Naturally, if the result was the other way we'd be having the same debate about all the shit remain did, its just the nature of the beast.

Eis Nein

This cunt still banging on I see. Toeing the digger's line, everything ablaze, nothing to see here, whatabout this.

Like a twatty drinking bird

Paul Calf

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 11:47:46 AM

Might remind you vote remain was also a law breaking campaign demonstrably filled with lies and misleading information,

So you agree that the result should be declared void?

how much the remain lies and project fear affected the result is unknown, I personally feel we voted to leave because more people genuinely want to leave the EU...

Which is also unknown but never mind, eh?

You don't half talk some shit, biggy.

Bhazor

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 11:47:46 AMI personally feel we voted to leave because more people genuinely want to leave the EU than stay

Certainly nothing to do with thick cunt nationalism and "why don't we give 300 billion to the NHS instead".

But y'know ENGLAND STRONK.

Johnny Yesno

Fambo Number Mive

Interesting - Tory Mp tweets a link by Guido called "Help Darren Grimes Fight and Expose Biased Electoral Commission"

https://twitter.com/lucyallan/status/1022188123118297099

Replies From View

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on July 26, 2018, 12:38:19 PM

But lexit, though, yeah?

Does anyone who votes UKIP really think of them as anything but "what the Tories should be"?

I have never heard of a left-winger voting UKIP, but then I am undoubtedly enshrined in a comfortable bubble of relatively intelligent people.

Fambo Number Mive

And another one

https://twitter.com/patel4witham/status/1022198371698835461

QuoteWe should encourage young people to get involved in politics & support their engagement. I hope you will join me in supporting @darrengrimes_

jobotic

The legwork has been done, thanks to people like Biggy. Now they don't even have to disguise their intentions. Fuck the law, fuck decency - far-right coup now!

Gove is still in the cabinet.

Howj Begg

Arron Banks accused of "illegal diamond trading and gun running to organise coup d'etat in Lesotho and control country's economy"

https://www.scribd.com/document/384751026/Channel-4-News-Letter-to-Mr-Arron-Banks-25-July-2018#from_embed

Danger Man

Quote from: Replies From View on July 26, 2018, 01:35:45 PM
Does anyone who votes UKIP really think of them as anything but "what the Tories should be"?

I have never heard of a left-winger voting UKIP, but then I am undoubtedly enshrined in a comfortable bubble of relatively intelligent people.

If they are so clever why do they always end up on the losing side?

Howj Begg

Replies From View

Quote from: Danger Man on July 26, 2018, 02:58:38 PM
If they are so clever why do they always end up on the losing side?

Doesn't work as a joke because I had already pointed out that it was a bubble.

Oh and also because it wasn't funny.

Danger Man

Quote from: Replies From View on July 26, 2018, 03:12:27 PM
Doesn't work as a joke because I had already pointed out that it was a bubble.

Oh and also because it wasn't funny.

I wasn't joking.

Dr Rock

ajsmith2

The above image stands in stark contrast to this Ben Garrison prediction from June 2016.

Love the group of faceless, characterless bowler hat ciphers rowing towards the horizon. A good representation of how sketchily conceived the ideal outcomes of Brexit were. Illusory nothing men who never really existed.

pigamus

Quote from: Dr Rock on July 26, 2018, 03:27:26 PM

Ah well. Insulin's a pain the arse anyway.

What shall I put on my bucket list?

Replies From View

Quote from: Danger Man on July 26, 2018, 03:21:39 PM
I wasn't joking.

I was giving you a chance to let yourself off the hook.

biggytitbo

Quote from: Bhazor on July 26, 2018, 12:28:15 PM
Certainly nothing to do with thick cunt nationalism and "why don't we give 300 billion to the NHS instead".

Unfortunately that kind of attitude is symptomatic of why Remain lost.

jobotic

The criminal acts of Vote Leave is why Remain lost.

Dr Rock

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 03:45:17 PM

Thick cunt nationalism? At last you admit it.

Jerzy Bondov

It's only a small detail but I keep noticing the impartial BBC saying that Brexiters want Britain to 'strike' its own trade deals. It feels like they're trying rather desperately to drum up some excitement for the boring trade deals.

Bhazor

Really? I thought it was because of millions of people voted for it based on barefaced lies and baseless nationalist rhetoric. But apparently it was because of me. I done brexit. Tch, what am I like?

Yeah, we should have more respect for people who believed and voted for the promises of the man who runs Wetherspoons over those of the government and their opposition.

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 26, 2018, 03:56:49 PM
It's only a small detail but I keep noticing the impartial BBC saying that Brexiters want Britain to 'strike' its own trade deals. It feels like they're trying rather desperately to drum up some excitement for the boring trade deals.

It's an exciting time! Imagine being able to buy products from countries like the USA, China or Japan. In Canada, they have a special syrup that you get from Maple trees. I can only begin to imagine what that must taste like and I can't wait to try it in 2021!

biggytitbo

Quote from: Jerzy Bondov on July 26, 2018, 03:56:49 PM

Much better for the political and media class to will it to fail so they can eventually get the result they wanted all along. I know May has been dismal but she's also in an impossible position because I don't believe many of the politicians who repeatedly voted to deliver the verdict of the people actually have any desire or intention to do so.

Dr Rock

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 05:10:35 PM
because I don't believe many of the politicians who repeatedly voted to deliver the verdict of the people actually have any desire or intention to do so.

Let's hope so.