Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Brexit Discussion Thread number 3

Started by Dr Rock, July 22, 2018, 10:47:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Fambo Number Mive

Quote from: Replies From View on July 25, 2018, 03:26:01 PM
What's a nancy solo?

A solo by Nancy, one of the performers in the satirical play.

Replies From View

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on July 25, 2018, 03:40:50 PM
A solo by Nancy, one of the performers in the satirical play.

That's what the Nancy solo is, but I would like to know please what a nancy solo would be.

Paul Calf

It's a session of self-refreshment inspired by Nancy Pelosi, Minority Leader of the United States House of Representatives. It is the only pr0nography that will be permitted post-Brexit.

Fambo Number Mive

She could be the cousin of Han Solo

Zetetic

Does anyone know what tariffs we would actually want to change after Brexit?

(One of the things that's gone quiet is efforts to ensure that we don't suddenly introduce massive tariffs by default with various LEDCs. Note the irony given the lies about EU tariff escalators...)

pancreas

A nancy solo is an intimate service offered by machotrouts.

biggytitbo

https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1022243897253289986

QuoteDavid Lammy
@DavidLammy
Top man @GaryLineker. I'm biased he did play for @SpursOfficial but thank god some people are prepared to stick their neck out and not pander to the "will of the people" bollocks.

Presumably if labour win the next election by a million votes David Lammy will refuse to accept the result, its just 'will of the people bollocks' and demand the tories get to stay in office.

Zetetic

I'm not sure he'd consider the situations comparable to be honest.

I'm glad you're posting in this thread though, as I'm sure you'll be able to update me about current plans for post-Brexit tariff regimes and the progress made in ensuring that we won't be introducing tariffs, and in particular tariff escalators for processing goods, on imports from LEDCs - given your interest in the issue before the referendum.(Although I grant that at the point the interest didn't extend beyond a point of near complete ignorance, I live in hope.)

ajsmith2

'Gone is our Dismay' Poor choice of phrasing there. In fact, Dis May was only just beginning.

biggytitbo

Democratically elected MP dismisses democratic vote as 'bollocks'. Interesting position.

You're the tariff expert, why don't you tell us, based on the principal that you honour the referendum and the 4-1 vote in the commons to leave the EU, what tariff regime you'd propose? Do you think the EU will be stubborn enough to force a no deal exit and commit economic self harm on itself? Its obvious most of the doomsday scenarios we're now fed on a daily basis an extremely self serving tactic to try and scare everyone into backtracking on the fundamental decision, whether it will work or not is another matter. We should prepare for WTO rules but I still think some kind of workable agreement will be made, even if it is a fudge. You presumably do accept the principal that this is not a one-way street and whatever decision is made affects both sides, so an agreement is in everyones interests?

jobotic

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 08:07:52 AM
https://twitter.com/DavidLammy/status/1022243897253289986

Presumably if labour win the next election by a million votes David Lammy will refuse to accept the result, its just 'will of the people bollocks' and demand the tories get to stay in office.

No need for an election is there? The people spoke at the last one.

katzenjammer

Quote from: biggytitbo on July 26, 2018, 09:11:02 AM
Democratically elected MP dismisses democratic vote as 'bollocks'. Interesting position.
37% of the electorate voted to leave after a law breaking campaign demonstrably filled with lies and misleading information.  And it was over two years ago. 

Yes, to state now that it's 'the will of the people' is very clearly bollocks. 

Bhazor

A will of the people based entirely on thick cunt rhetoric unhindered by facts or policy. To quote the leaders of Leave "We didn't run on facts we ran on emotions".

Again we are a consumer nation, not a producer nation. Importing more than twice what we export. We will have no choice but to buy from the EU unless you fancy eating fruit that has been frozen on a transatlantic ship for two months. Meanwhile the EU has precious little interest in buying from us. Not when member states can take our place and avoid any customs duty or border delays.

BUT ENGLAND STRONK

Paul Calf

You're the tariff expert, why don't you tell us, based on the principal that you honour the referendum and the 4-1 vote in the commons to leave the EU, what tariff regime you'd propose? Do you think the EU will be stubborn enough to force a no deal exit and commit economic self harm on itself? Its obvious most of the doomsday scenarios we're now fed on a daily basis an extremely self serving tactic to try and scare everyone into backtracking on the fundamental decision, whether it will work or not is another matter. We should prepare for WTO rules but I still think some kind of workable agreement will be made, even if it is a fudge. You presumably do accept the principal that this is not a one-way street and whatever decision is made affects both sides, so an agreement is in everyones interests?

Ragepost.

Your show is slipping, bigs.

Neville Chamberlain

You're the tariff expert, why don't you tell us

Haha, typical bloody Brexiter - you vote for this shitshow and then ask everyone else to make it work!

By the way, biggie, it's going to cost me up to €500 (admin and translation costs) to secure my rights as an EU citizen and obtain a German passport so I can have dual UK/German nationality. Can I send you the bill? You can divide it up with Paulie, if you want. I don't have €500 to spend on shit like this.

jobotic

Quote from: katzenjammer on July 26, 2018, 09:30:32 AM
37% of the electorate voted to leave after a law breaking campaign demonstrably filled with lies and misleading information.  And it was over two years ago. 

Yes, to state now that it's 'the will of the people' is very clearly bollocks.

No one gives a shit about this it seems. No prosecutions and the result still stands. Utter fucking corruption.

Bhazor

katzenjammer

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 26, 2018, 09:33:45 AM
Haha, typical bloody Brexiter - you vote for this shitshow and then ask everyone else to make it work!

By the way, biggie, it's going to cost me up to €500 (admin and translation costs) to secure my rights as an EU citizen and obtain a German passport so I can have dual UK/German nationality. Can I send you the bill? You can divide it up with Paulie, if you want. I don't have €500 to spend on shit like this.

I'll add my family's costs on, there are four of us and I estimate about €1,200 per person

jobotic

You're the tariff expert, why don't you tell us, based on the principal that you honour the referendum and the 4-1 vote in the commons to leave the EU, what tariff regime you'd propose? Do you think the EU will be stubborn enough to force a no deal exit and commit economic self harm on itself? Its obvious most of the doomsday scenarios we're now fed on a daily basis an extremely self serving tactic to try and scare everyone into backtracking on the fundamental decision, whether it will work or not is another matter. We should prepare for WTO rules but I still think some kind of workable agreement will be made, even if it is a fudge. You presumably do accept the principal that this is not a one-way street and whatever decision is made affects both sides, so an agreement is in everyones interests? I'll be alright so fuck it.

Sebastian Cobb

http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16377739.theresa-may-public-should-be-reassured-and-comforted-by-government-stockpiling-in-case-of-no-deal-brexit/?ref=appshr

Theresa May: public should be reassured and comforted by Government stockpiling in case of no-deal Brexit

These twats struggle to stockpile enough salt in winter and that happens every year.

Paul Calf

Quote from: jobotic on July 26, 2018, 09:44:07 AM

A slowdown in the tech industry due to a generally sluggish economy and unavailability of skilled EU tech staff and biggy's on the no-longer-extant dole with everyone else. We have a booming software sector because of the breadth and depth of skills available.

But it's ok. We can train all the developers, architects, system administrators, testers, PMs, business analysts and DBAs we need. In three months.

jobotic

Bannerman now bringing out the far-right standards to attack the traitors, just like we've seen here.

https://twitter.com/DCBMEP/status/1022099469893025792

And look at them all shitting their pants with rage at Linekar. HE WORKS FOR TH BBC HE GETS PAID> HE SHOULD SHUT UP>ALL REMAINERS MUST SHUT UP

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Paul Calf on July 26, 2018, 10:35:00 AM
A slowdown in the tech industry due to a generally sluggish economy and unavailability of skilled EU tech staff and biggy's on the no-longer-extant dole with everyone else. We have a booming software sector because of the breadth and depth of skills available.

But it's ok. We can train all the developers, architects, system administrators, testers, PMs, business analysts and DBAs we need. In three months.

Bet brexiteers would make wonderful dba's.

Pseudopath

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on July 26, 2018, 10:48:12 AM
Bet brexiteers would make wonderful dba's.

DELETE FROM greatBritain WHERE skinColour != 'white';

Bhazor

Quote from: jobotic on July 26, 2018, 10:41:15 AM
Bannerman now bringing out the far-right standards to attack the traitors, just like we've seen here.

https://twitter.com/DCBMEP/status/1022099469893025792

"Paid by Soros." Hey look! Its one of Biggy's talking points. Great bunch of lads.

Theres something you can get behind titty. Hang the remoaners. Traitors the lot of them.

Quote from: Neville Chamberlain on July 26, 2018, 09:33:45 AM

Yeah, me neither. To do the two requisite exams, get the necessary documentation from the UK, get official translations to Spanish, submit the application, (wait at least a year, but more likely two), get the Spanish identity card and passport (if application successful), update my Spanish paperwork, and finally renounce UK citizenship, will come to over 800€, not to mention the time cost. Thank god the rest of my familiy are already Spanish.

Fuck all this, and fuck Corbyn too for pretending this shit show is going to be great. Only a few years ago, I was totally politically aligned with Corbyn and the left in general, but this bullshit (along with the leftist nationalist shit in Catalonia) is seeing me moving away from this and condemning it as a radicalist movement of exactly the same sort as the far-right. No thanks.

Paul Calf

Quote from: Pseudopath on July 26, 2018, 10:55:09 AM
DELETE FROM greatBritain WHERE skinColour != 'white';

DROP TABLE humanRights;

Sebastian Cobb