Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:21:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chveik

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 14, 2019, 11:58:55 PM
Looks like Cunt Ramos is going to get an extra ban for admitting getting booked on purpose the other night. I wish he'd just fuck off to the MLS or China or somewhere and live out the rest of his playing days in obscurity. He's such an unrepentant, dirty, cheating bastard.

he won't get banned I reckon. he has cheated a few drug tests and he didn't even get suspended. uefa seems pretty corrupted (well, like any other institution I suppose).

DrGreggles

Looks like Cunt Ramos is going to get an extra ban for admitting getting booked on purpose the other night. I wish he'd just fuck off to the MLS or China or somewhere and live out the rest of his playing days in obscurity. He's such an unrepentant, dirty, cheating bastard.

This is hardly a new thing. Just look at the number of players who are suspended for Boxing Day games.

imitationleather

Now that Spurs have decided to take a sabbatical from their annual FA Cup semi-final capitulation it means I can sit back and enjoy the tournament for once. Aaah... So what do we have?

AFC Wimbledon v Millwall not on TV? What the fucking shit is this?! That's surely the most/only interesting tie in the entire round!

Dunno who I want to win the competition. Newport seem to have a rather unfortunate "Burtoning" coming their way, otherwise I'd want them to go far. I guess I wouldn't mind it if Crystal Palace went all the way, but Pardew's little dance is still too raw in the memory.

Frank Lampard's Derby County will probably get at least to the semi-final and this will be seen as sufficient to nick the manager of Frank Lampard's Derby Country (I forget his name) and install him at Chelsea.

This is all academic because it is 100% Manchester City's year. Yawn.

Utter Shit

That seems like a bit of an over-reac

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 14, 2019, 10:42:12 PM
This 'anyone but Liverpool' agenda (and let's face it that's what it is) that's come about lately is fucking bizarre, even as a Liverpool supporter.

Ah. Of course.

Chollis

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 14, 2019, 10:42:12 PM
This 'anyone but Liverpool' agenda (and let's face it that's what it is) that's come about lately is fucking bizarre, even as a Liverpool supporter. The idea that anybody with a functioning brain who isn't already a Citeh supporter would want an oil-rich lottery winner, built on the backs of some of the worst human rights abuses and subjugation in history, to win anything is amazing. That fucking bald fraud who wears a yellow ribbon doesn't say much about the death toll that contributes to the building of his team does he?
The media is full of United, Chelsea and Tottenham fans, always has been. They're doing their best to put the pressure on but it won't work, I'm made up our game in hand is at Old Trafford.

And you can't want Tottenham to come out on top in a title race because they aren't in one.

It's not surprising to me at all as a Liverpool supporter. Whenever it's a final or a title race between City and whoever else, I'd rather City win. Who cares if they do? Even their fans are barely arsed! Their success isn't legitimate, they're playing the game with cheat codes. Rather they won it than a real club like United or Spurs, because then you'd have to begrudgingly admit that they'd earnt it. We'd have to look at ourselves and think "why aren't we doing that?". We know why City are winning things. It would've been Rochdale or Brentford or Everton winning 100pt+ leagues if they'd been chosen by Abu Dhabi instead. It's just one long, drawn-out lottery win.

We'll be insufferable if we win it, and why wouldn't we? 29 years is a long time, and we'd have earnt it! Plus there's a lot of us, so it would be hard to escape our celebrations. There's like 80 City fans or something, and they'll be pleased with another title but it won't be anything special because they know that while the Sheikh is there, they'll be winning pretty much everything, every year.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Chollis on February 15, 2019, 11:49:52 AM
It's not surprising to me at all as a Liverpool supporter. Whenever it's a final or a title race between City and whoever else, I'd rather City win. Because who fucking cares? Their success isn't legitimate, they're playing the game with cheat codes. Rather they won it than a real club like United or Spurs, because then you'd have to begrudgingly admit that they'd earnt it. We'd have to look at ourselves and think "why aren't we doing that?". We know why City are winning things. It would've been Rochdale or Brentford or Everton winning 100pt+ leagues if they'd been chosen by Abu Dhabi instead, it's just one long, drawn-out lottery win.

Bollocks. Lots of teams have a shitload of money (irrespective of where it comes from). Few, if any, play such fantastic football.

Utter Shit

We'll be insufferable if we win it, and why wouldn't we?

Liverpool fans are already insufferable, that's why nobody wants them to win it. Unlike when Chelsea were hated there isn't much to dislike about Liverpool's players, and Klopp comes across as a good sort for the most part, though he's prone to being as much of a cunt as any of the top managers when things go against him. But the fans are just a different breed. Not all of them of course, but a far greater proportion than any other team, and to a greater extent. Deluded, paranoid, self-regarding weirdos. To the point that neutrals are generally in agreement that Manchester City purchasing glory with blood money is a preferable outcome. That's how bad it is.

It comes across like a cult thing at times, I know quite a few Liverpool fans who are reasonable, balanced, rational people in their everyday life, but as soon as Liverpool come up it's like they engage a different part of their brain, they genuinely believe that anything and everything is conspiring to con Liverpool out of their rightful success at every turn. There are plenty of fans of other teams who are similarly deluded of course, but they tend to be idiots in general, whereas with Liverpool it seems to infect otherwise normal people.

Chollis

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 15, 2019, 11:53:44 AM
Bollocks. Lots of teams have a shitload of money (irrespective of where it comes from). Few, if any, play such fantastic football.

Yes, when an oil state picks a team out of a hat and drops a billion quid on them they're bound to get some decent players and play nice stuff. Sorry, but Spurs/United/Arsenal/Liverpool winning the Champions League would be a lot more deserved, and in my eyes legitimate, than City or PSG.

Chollis

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 15, 2019, 12:01:50 PM
Liverpool fans are already insufferable, that's why nobody wants them to win it. Unlike when Chelsea were hated there isn't much to dislike about Liverpool's players, and Klopp comes across as a good sort for the most part, though he's prone to being as much of a cunt as any of the top managers when things go against him. But the fans are just a different breed. Not all of them of course, but a far greater proportion than any other team, and to a greater extent. Deluded, paranoid, self-regarding weirdos. To the point that neutrals are generally in agreement that Manchester City purchasing glory with blood money is a preferable outcome. That's how bad it is.

It comes across like a cult thing at times, I know quite a few Liverpool fans who are reasonable, balanced, rational people in their everyday life, but as soon as Liverpool come up it's like they engage a different part of their brain, they genuinely believe that anything and everything is conspiring to con Liverpool out of their rightful success at every turn. There are plenty of fans of other teams who are similarly deluded of course, but they tend to be idiots in general, whereas with Liverpool it seems to infect otherwise normal people.

alright mate

Utter Shit

These are not mind games, I am talking about facts.

Head Gardener

I've just realised I've supported Liverpool for 49 YEARS!

Simmer down lads, no need to get stressed at who is and isn't completely hateful. Man City, Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal... you're all insufferable shitbags.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

I think it's just the fact that being one of those fans who joins groups and shares memes and flames fans of other clubs then when attacked pompously holds forth about matters like net spend and being active and contact-was-made when you definitely wouldn't use those excuses were it not for expediency makes you an absolute tosspot, regardless of who you support.

On that basis Liverpool and Man Utd fans are still the worst. I can see how people think Liverpool's are bad as unlike say, Arsenal and Spurs who have carved out a fine line in expectation management and negativity there's very little gallows humour or self-deprecation involved in supporting Liverpool. Utter Shit, touches on something in that it is constantly framed around injustice. That could become annoying.

I would still be happier than if Man City won the title - if you don't understand that you are a Man City fan/insane.

If we're talking outright scum fans who show up at the actual grounds to display their bigotry and start fights then that's different. You're more onto Chelsea/Hammers/Leeds/Millwall etc

Ferris

Quote from: Wentworth Smith on February 15, 2019, 12:51:46 PM
Simmer down lads, no need to get stressed at who is and isn't completely hateful. Man City, Liverpool, Man U, Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal... you're all insufferable shitbags.

And arguing over who gets hardest done by. Mental.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 15, 2019, 01:03:16 PM
And arguing over who gets hardest done by. Mental.

Mm, yes. There is definitely an argument that if your club get a moneybags/corporate permadebt takeover insulating you from hardship and allowing you to "afford" megawages players then you really have lost the right to take the moral high ground about anything to do with football ever again.

They'll still try though

DrGreggles

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 15, 2019, 12:56:10 PM
there's very little gallows humour or self-deprecation involved in supporting Liverpool.

You don't remember the Souness years.
You weren't there, man!

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 15, 2019, 01:10:56 PM
You don't remember the Souness years.
You weren't there, man!

Haha, I do actually. And I remember our Souness years too.

phantom_power

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 15, 2019, 12:56:10 PM

On that basis Liverpool and Man Utd fans are still the worst.

Is that not just because there are more of them and therefore they are harder to avoid and even if the percentage of alright fans to right twats was the same there would be more of them?

I know fans of lots of different clubs and the biased, shitbag ones are pretty much the same regardless of the clubs they support. Fans of teams that are less in the public sphere of conversation are less likely to be heard beyond their own friends, which seems like the only difference to me

Shoulders?-Stomach!

QuoteIs that not just because there are more of them and therefore they are harder to avoid and even if the percentage of alright fans to right twats was the same there would be more of them?

That is a factor, granted but it's not just because of that. See the explanation given.

rue the polywhirl

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 15, 2019, 12:01:50 PM

Quite suspect, all of that. The subject of Liverpool seems to trigger a part of your brain that spools out Mein Kampf/Rivers Of Blood dirge. Maybe all sets of fans have equal capacity to be equally annoying in equal regard.

BlodwynPig

It's not surprising to me at all as a Liverpool supporter. Whenever it's a final or a title race between City and whoever else, I'd rather City win. Who cares if they do? Even their fans are barely arsed! Their success isn't legitimate, they're playing the game with cheat codes. Rather they won it than a real club like United or Spurs, because then you'd have to begrudgingly admit that they'd earnt it. We'd have to look at ourselves and think "why aren't we doing that?". We know why City are winning things. It would've been Rochdale or Brentford or Everton winning 100pt+ leagues if they'd been chosen by Abu Dhabi instead. It's just one long, drawn-out lottery win.

We'll be insufferable if we win it, and why wouldn't we? 29 years is a long time, and we'd have earnt it! Plus there's a lot of us, so it would be hard to escape our celebrations. There's like 80 City fans or something, and they'll be pleased with another title but it won't be anything special because they know that while the Sheikh is there, they'll be winning pretty much everything, every year.

Nice post. Actually warmed me to a Liverpool title. 29 years. Yeh, why not.

ToneLa

So who do we want to see relegated who are likely to be?

Bye Fulham!

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 15, 2019, 01:16:18 PM
Haha, I do actually. And I remember our Souness years too.

Your Souness years never stopped.

Utter Shit

Quote from: ToneLa on February 15, 2019, 02:03:54 PM
So who do we want to see relegated who are likely to be?
Bye Fulham!

Fulham and Huddersfield are already gone IMO, so there's only really one spot left with six teams in with a shout. Weirdly none of them seem like 'obvious' candidates - Newcastle have Benitez, Burnley should be too good, Cardiff have hit a bit of form and Southampton have a good manager who has started to sort them out. Brighton seemed like they were well clear of it at Christmas but haven't won this year and have been dragged into it, while Palace seem to have been hovering just above it all for ages. I would narrow it down to Cardiff, Brighton or Palace at a push.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: Utter Shit on February 15, 2019, 02:19:08 PM
Fulham and Huddersfield are already gone IMO, so there's only really one spot left with six teams in with a shout. Weirdly none of them seem like 'obvious' candidates - Newcastle have Benitez, Burnley should be too good, Cardiff have hit a bit of form and Southampton have a good manager who has started to sort them out. Brighton seemed like they were well clear of it at Christmas but haven't won this year and have been dragged into it, while Palace seem to have been hovering just above it all for ages. I would narrow it down to Cardiff, Brighton or Palace at a push.

Newcastle seem to be cursed with bad luck though. Almirón has to make an impact for them.

ToneLa

Can't see Rafa getting Newcastle relegated. Mainly because I see the long term sadness that Ashley will say 'oh, you don't need new players to stay in the PL!'

thraxx

Quote from: MidnightShambler on February 14, 2019, 11:27:30 PM
And by the way, if you think Carragher, Murphy, Owen, Mcmanaman and Lawrenson are overtly pro-Liverpool then you need to actually listen to what they say instead of zoning out as soon as they start talking. They absolutely go out of their way to downplay us, so much so that all of them are actively despised for their opinions over the last couple of years among our fanbase. Only Souness is clearly up our arse but he's got a lot of making up to do.

It's not just them its the likes of Green, Spoony (when he was on it), Colin Murray.

Utter Shit

Quote from: Bennett Brauer on February 15, 2019, 02:42:58 PM
Newcastle seem to be cursed with bad luck though. Almirón has to make an impact for them.

I would be stunned if Newcastle go down purely because of Benitez. The fact he's keeping that shambles afloat, when you look at the owner and the playing squad he has available to him, is a testament to how good he is. He'll win most of the games around Newcastle's level, and that will keep them up. Comfortably I would imagine. Brighton are in real danger if they don't sort themselves out soon, they've always been terrible away from home but their home form has gone over a cliff recently as well.

Bronzy

chveik

that's hypocritical. the other teams also have a shitload of money. everyone is cheating in a way (sweatshops, Russian oligarch, and so on and so forth). at this level, talking about "real clubs" is a delusion. they're all cunts.
and City plays without a proper left-back most of the time, and their only defensive midfielder is 33 ffs. they just play very well.

anyway, I don't really care. I don't have a horse in this race. Go Guingamp!

edit: sorry, didn't see DrGreggles's post.