Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 12:50:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: finnquark on February 16, 2019, 11:27:46 PM
That's the point.

Fair. Perhaps a backlash at SS wanting to see Alty in the EFL. Conference Premier is about your station. ;)

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 16, 2019, 11:14:18 PM
"I understand English football more today" - Pep Guardiola. That's Wales mate. #cancelled

Isle of Wight.

DrGreggles

Real Madrid beaten at home by (My) Girona.
Ramos sent off. Probably deliberately.

BlodwynPig

The BBC again

QuoteAbsolute scenes.

No scenes, Bristol failed to score, but their live text commentary team are fucking 15 year olds to a man/woman.

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 17, 2019, 03:18:04 PM
The BBC again
...their live text commentary team are fucking 15 year olds to a man/woman.

Have Yewtree been informed?

Bennett Brauer

BlodwynPig

hummingofevil

Quote from: EOLAN on February 16, 2019, 08:30:11 PM
For dramatic finishes. I go for the Leicester against Watford play-off semi final. 2-2 on aggregate in six minutes of injury time. Leicester win a penalty that is saved. Straight back to taker who kicks it again at keeper. Ball cleared up field. Watford break and score.
Fact it was a semi rather than the final may slightly take from it.

I was just coming to post this. I think this is the most excited I've ever been as a neutral watching some football. The save is amazing and as soon as they break you can sense something crazy is on but its the way the ball drops to Deeney and you just know he's going to score. There is just enough of a pause to see what is about to happen and then he absolutely smashes it thorough the net.

Fuck it. Here it is. Literally brings a little tear to my eye.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrFOTT_y8C0

A similar thing happened with the Hal Robson-Kanu wonder goal against the Belgiums. When he turned time seemed to stop. I remember thinking in that moment following: "shit did he actually just do that, but its HRK, and he's a bit shit, but that was amazing, and he's in on goal, but he's Hal Robson-Kanu, its not a given he's going to finish this" followed by one of the biggest cheers I've ever given in my life. I love it when football does this to you.

EOLAN

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 17, 2019, 04:48:26 PM
I was just coming to post this. I think this is the most excited I've ever been as a neutral watching some football. The save is amazing and as soon as they break you can sense something crazy is on but its the way the ball drops to Deeney and you just know he's going to score. There is just enough of a pause to see what is about to happen and then he absolutely smashes it thorough the net.

A similar thing happened with the Hal Robson-Kanu wonder goal against the Belgiums. When he turned time seemed to stop. I remember thinking in that moment following: "shit did he actually just do that, but its HRK, and he's a bit shit, but that was amazing, and he's in on goal, but he's Hal Robson-Kanu, its not a given he's going to finish this" followed by one of the biggest cheers I've ever given in my life. I love it when football does this to you.

Hal Robson-many. Scored a magnificent backward looping header yesterday (ain't that right Ferriswheelbueller :)  ).
The type of player who can conjure up pure moments of magic but for 99% of the time looks absolutely horrid and rubbish.

Ferris

Quote from: EOLAN on February 17, 2019, 05:06:29 PM
Hal Robson-many. Scored a magnificent backward looping header yesterday (ain't that right Ferriswheelbueller :)  ).
The type of player who can conjure up pure moments of magic but for 99% of the time looks absolutely horrid and rubbish.

I always thought he was a good player, I like a lot of that West brom squad to be fair. Almost my second team, they are my grandad's side and get similar disdain as Villa from the media for being an unfashionable club from an unfashionable bit of the country. See also: Stoke. Underdogs have to stick together.

Robson-Kanu's name autocorrecting to "Robson-many" is excellent.

DrGreggles

Quote from: hummingofevil on February 17, 2019, 04:48:26 PM

I'm a genuine neutral when it comes to Watford and Leicester, as was pretty much every single person watching in the pub that day, but we were off our seats cheering when that happened. Amazing stuff.
No other sport can do that to me - or anything else, come to this of it!

Obligatory link to the Soccer Saturday bloke describing it:
https://youtu.be/F6Q8s1c_GjE

hummingofevil

Deeney's two footed jump for joy into the fans makes it all even better. Pure joy.

pcsjwgm

QuoteSerie C's bottom club Pro Piacenza have endured a tough season, resulting in point deductions and forfeiting matches, but their latest setback was almost beyond belief as they were able to field only seven players in a 20-0 defeat at mid-table Cuneo.

Before Sunday Pro Piacenza had forfeited four games and faced being thrown out of the league if they had failed to complete another match. To avoid that fate, they scraped together seven teenagers – the minimum number of players required – who were willing to be lambs to the slaughter for the unenviable task of taking on 11 professionals. In addition to a lack of players, there were no coaching staff on hand for Pro Piacenza, meaning their teenage captain also had to take on the role of manager.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/feb/17/pro-piacenza-beaten-20-0-serie-c-cuneo

Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQVoTZEmpQ

Blinder Data

As a Celtic fan, I approach last-minute drama in title deciders with some caution.

Apart from 1986, of course. Albert Kidd, what a guy.

im barry bethel

Quote from: pcsjwgm on February 18, 2019, 12:07:59 PM
Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhQVoTZEmpQ

15' Emmausso
16' Defendi
17' Kanis

Strong spell of possession, also Cueno did field De Stefano even though he's dead

Ferris

Quote from: im barry bethel on February 18, 2019, 06:25:55 PM
15' Emmausso
16' Defendi
17' Kanis

Strong spell of possession, also Cueno did field De Stefano even though he's dead

Are they playing a 7 man formation with 2 strikers?!

"We might still nick a win here lads"

garnish

Defendi is the former Spurs defender from 5-6 years ago.

BlodwynPig

Man City's journey to the final

Rotherham - Burnley - Newport - Swansea - ?

Man Utd's journey to the final

Reading - Arsenal - Chelsea - Wolves - ?

im barry bethel

Be nice to see Brighton make the semis as long as the Beeb don't wheel out Lawro

DrGreggles

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 18, 2019, 11:46:35 PM
Man City's journey to the final

Rotherham - Burnley - Newport - Swansea - ?

Man Utd's journey to the final

Reading - Arsenal - Chelsea - Wolves - ?

At least Newport had a go!

The Culture Bunker

Was hoping United would get City at home in the draw, seemed the best chance of stopping them winning the cup and (probably) the domestic treble.

Large Noise

Gnabry is fucking rotten, never a Bayern Munich standard player. Don't know why they ever got rid of Douglas Costa.

ToneLa

I wasn't feeling it tonight and I'm ashamed the players couldn't do it without me.

Rochdale letting my accumulator down there tonight. Cheers lads.

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 19, 2019, 07:00:02 AM
At least Newport had a go!

Top of the Premier League Man City on Saturday, lost 4-1 at home; bottom of Division 2 Notts County a few hours ago, won 4-1 away. Funny old game, Saint.

Captain Z

Endless VARs of Costa diving outside the box instead of inside it which 'correctly' awards him a free kick instead of a penalty.

DrGreggles

It would take a heart of stone to not call that 2nd Atletico goal a Ronaldo o.g.

imitationleather

Quote from: DrGreggles on February 20, 2019, 09:49:03 PM
It would take a heart of stone to not call that 2nd Atletico goal a Ronaldo o.g.

Are there three sweeter words in the English language than "Ronaldo (Own Goal)"?

I don't think it's been attributed to him by the corrupt UEFA bastards but anyone with eyes and an infinite number of slo-mo replays can see what happened.