Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
  • Total Members: 17,819
  • Latest: Jeth
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,577,475
  • Total Topics: 106,658
  • Online Today: 781
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 06:04:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

How can those German twats fuck up a goal lead against 10 men. I'm reluctant to say it as I know Man U in their day had many many (great) comebacks - and to rival fans this was probably equivalently frustrating, but by God I hate the inevitability of Man C/Barca/Ronaldo turning things around when down for the count.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on February 20, 2019, 09:58:46 PM
Are there three sweeter words in the English language than "Ronaldo (Own Goal)"?

I don't think it's been attributed to him by the corrupt UEFA bastards but anyone with eyes and an infinite number of slo-mo replays can see what happened.

Calling on RONOLADO to dispute (or possibly confirm) this.

BlodwynPig

RONOLADO retired years ago, you mean RONALADO?

Ferris

Captain Z

Quote from: BBC FootballWell that didn't take long! Arsenal draw level instantly and it's a horrorshow for the massed Bate defence.

I see what you did there.

Ferris

BlodwynPig

wooders1978

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 21, 2019, 01:22:26 AM
How can those German twats fuck up a goal lead against 10 men. I'm reluctant to say it as I know Man U in their day had many many (great) comebacks - and to rival fans this was probably equivalently frustrating, but by God I hate the inevitability of Man C/Barca/Ronaldo turning things around when down for the count.

DrGreggles

ToneLa

That'll be fun for the next manager in through the revolving door

Chelsea Football Circus

But yeah the appeals process will probably knock it back a year then it'll be halved or just a fine...

UEFA pretty silent about investigating City too...!

Chollis

On a completely unrelated note, I found this little snippet from an article on Fifa's underground lair/headquarters rather fun:

QuoteIn contrast to many parliamentary buildings, where glassy, transparent exteriors suggest the ability of the outside world to keep an eye on its elected officials, FIFA's underground design closes it off to the public.

The third of its five underground stories contains the executive committee's meeting chamber. Inside, aluminium walls and a cool, lapis lazuli floor lend the chamber an enclosed feel.

"Places where people make decisions should only contain indirect light," said Joseph Blatter, "because the light should come from the people themselves who are assembled there.

Ferris

Quote from: Chollis on February 22, 2019, 11:19:36 AM
On a completely unrelated note, I found this little snippet from an article on Fifa's underground lair/headquarters rather fun:

Whatever happened to all that fifa business? Did anyone do time in the end?

I had a flick through old Sepp's Wikipedia page - he has a novel way of meeting women after his first 2 divorces.

QuoteIn 1995, Blatter began dating Ilona Boguska, a Polish friend of his daughter Corinne, before they separated in 2002.[86]

Blatter married for a third time on 23 December 2002, to Graziella Bianca, a dolphin trainer who was a friend of his daughter.

ToneLa

Awww, daaaad! Stop asking when my next slumber party is!!

BlodwynPig

imitationleather

He can't help it if his daughter keeps befriending his soulmates before he has a chance to meet them.

Bronzy

Quote from: ToneLa on February 22, 2019, 01:10:59 PM
Awww, daaaad! Stop asking when my next slumber party is!!

The similarities are frightening.

Ferris

Quote from: imitationleather on February 22, 2019, 03:26:29 PM
He can't help it if his daughter keeps befriending his soulmates before he has a chance to meet them.

The timeline presented in the Wikipedia article (ditches one in 2002, got married to another before the year had ended) suggests there may have been some "overlap" between the daughter's friend, and the daughter's other friend.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47339845

Coming next week, Colin Wanker bemoans "rise of the machines" as VAR decision rules out injury time winner for Cardiff. "What does a machine know that a human can't see with his own God given eyes? it's just technology for the sake of it"

Glyn

Quote from: Shoulders?-Stomach! on February 23, 2019, 09:48:32 AM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47339845

Coming next week, Colin Wanker bemoans "rise of the machines" as VAR decision rules out injury time winner for Cardiff. "What does a machine know that a human can't see with his own God given eyes? it's just technology for the sake of it"

Cardiff were very well beaten but to be fair to Warnock for 30 seconds it is a bit hard to work out the mental gymnastics needed to see this and think "nah, that's fine" :
https://mobile.twitter.com/shaunlawthom/status/1099047205141278720?s=21

Chollis

ToneLa

Eh oop shagged a burd from burnleh when was student n today's result as even further solidified them being one of my top 65 teams

Got rid of Barnes just before this difficult run of fixtures: United, Spurs etc. 4 goals, an assist and 4 bonus points. Bought in Ings. Injured. Ingsjured.

This forum used to be 90% spurs and I hated it. Now it's 90% lfc and it's worse. Can I just say if you don't come from a place you don't really support the team. That's just a fact. You have no attachment, just imagination and role play. Oh your dad supports them or something? Great way to support your dad but the team mean nothing and you mean nothing to the team.

Id love to know the counter argument to this and can't wait for the Liverpool team to get vaporised by a lazer

(metaphorically  )

BlodwynPig

JamesTC

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 23, 2019, 06:27:35 PM
Can I just say if you don't come from a place you don't really support the team. That's just a fact. You have no attachment, just imagination and role play.

Do I have to support Bootle now? Actually I work 5 minutes walk away from their stadium so it'll be a lot more convenient. Up the Bucks!

Bronzy