Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 01:10:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

garnish

Quote from: The Boston Crab on February 23, 2019, 06:27:35 PM
This forum used to be 90% spurs and I hated it. Now it's 90% lfc and it's worse. Can I just say if you don't come from a place you don't really support the team. That's just a fact. You have no attachment, just imagination and role play. Oh your dad supports them or something? Great way to support your dad but the team mean nothing and you mean nothing to the team.

Id love to know the counter argument to this and can't wait for the Liverpool team to get vaporised by a lazer

(metaphorically  )

There's a chap on the WSC forum that lost his shit when his team Man Utd hired Mourinho, going on about how his club was now dead.  Of course, this guy is from nowhere near Old Trafford and bangs on all the time about the one time he did see them live at Villa Park, so the rant about Mourinho basically came across as him cosplaying other fans on the forum who had genuinely lost their clubs (Stockport, Hereford, etc).  The whole thing came across like a child getting upset that his least favourite WWF wrestler had joined his favourite wrestler group.

imitationleather

Quote from: garnish on February 23, 2019, 08:06:19 PM
There's a chap on the WSC forum that lost his shit when his team Man Utd hired Mourinho, going on about how his club was now dead.  Of course, this guy is from nowhere near Old Trafford and bangs on all the time about the one time he did see them live at Villa Park, so the rant about Mourinho basically came across as him cosplaying other fans on the forum who had genuinely lost their clubs (Stockport, Hereford, etc).  The whole thing came across like a child getting upset that his least favourite WWF wrestler had joined his favourite wrestler group.

That guy! His Brexit posts are even worse than his Man Utd ones.

(There's a chance he lurks on here as a few WSC posters do. Hope he does.)

Sorry, while I do probably believe that deep down, it's a dickhead thing to say. Just smartin about the rugb.

ToneLa

He was right though?

Ferris

In fairness, he was fortunate enough to have visited Villa Park. Didn't know how lucky he was.

garnish

Quote from: ToneLa on February 23, 2019, 08:55:08 PM
He was right though?

Passively watching a team from miles away on a screen once or twice a week doesn't make them 'his' club; he only consumes the football product rather than engaging in a community centred around a football team, so it comes across as quite grating when he declared 'his' club was dead after they hired an arsehole for a manager.  Of course it has no practical effect on this fan's life - he'd merely be swapping the passive watching of one team for another (or none).

garnish

Quote from: imitationleather on February 23, 2019, 08:09:56 PM
That guy! His Brexit posts are even worse than his Man Utd ones.

(There's a chance he lurks on here as a few WSC posters do. Hope he does.)

I hope so too, he's a very odd chap.  He seems to get worked up very easily and everyone who slightly irks him is a cunt, apparently.

mr. logic

He also has an incredibly frustrating habit of lecturing fans of other clubs about how they should feel about whatever is going on with them at the given time.

'Newcastle fans need to accept...'
'Wolves fans should...'

Like he has any sort of superiority or right to order others about on the basis that he chose the best football team to support. (Before swiftly finding a reason to abandon them when they turned shit for a little bit.)

Captain Z

The way this weekend is going sport-wise, not only will Chelsea win the league cup 7-0 but a stray ball will clear the stadium and demolish one side of the new Spurs ground.

Blinder Data

Would not be unhappy if they take Brendan at the end of the season. Trebles are great obvs but I long for goalless draws away in Europe and the Brodge seems incapable of that

BlodwynPig

Quote from: ToneLa on February 24, 2019, 03:37:12 PM
!

It's a good site. Reliable

You edited it. I didn't want to see the letters MVP on a Sunday.

DrGreggles

"That match was rubbish, wasn't it."

My girlfriend doesn't often comment on football but, when she does, she's generally right.

imitationleather

BlodwynPig

Fucking ruins my preddo of United getting the title now too.

ToneLa

Was funny in a crash-bang-wallop kind of way. Sloppy and strange, not brilliant football, just generally a directionless fracas despite the ultimate success by the end of the game.

But that's Arsenal for you

Norton Canes

im barry bethel

Arrizabalaga taking the Chelsea player power dynamic to a new level

DrGreggles

It's Super Sunday, everyone. SUPER fucking Sunday!

Thursday

im barry bethel

Luiz is smiling knowing full well Jorgehino and the keeper will take all the flak before he does