Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:05:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

checkoutgirl

Quote from: kitsofan34 on July 22, 2018, 01:31:40 PM
christ it just never ends, does it? The Football. It never stops, it never stops, an endless merry go round, spinning...spinning...spinning....I WANNA GET OFF, JUST FOR A LIL WHILE.

It stops every second summer unless you count the Africa Cup of Nations and that.

DrGreggles

Hat FM

quite looking forward to seeing if torreira makes arsenal's midfield work with ramsey and xhaka ahead of him. if it does i think we'll be heading for 4th at least.

would love man u to finish outside of the top 4. hate mourinho.

bgmnts

Quite looking forward to seeing Ramsey snapping his leg in half again.

monolith

Quote from: smudge1971 on July 22, 2018, 03:12:15 PM
It been almost a decade for us (Blackburn) but it is preferable to BFS keeping us in the Prem with hoofball win-scrapes and conceding every game against the Big 6. Hope things go well for you, whoever your team is.
Forest. Usually among the favourites to win the thing every year but haven't even made the playoffs for 7 years. Another year of mid table mediocrity even with the recent money put in I suspect. Beating Lampard's Derby would be extra nice though.

Blinder Data

Quote from: bgmnts on July 23, 2018, 09:48:12 AM
Quite looking forward to seeing Ramsey snapping his leg in half again.

Stop being weird and unpleasant.

Liverpool to win it, I think.

DrGreggles

I think Man City have to get a lot worse and at least one team get a lot better before there's any title race to speak of.
They were LOADS better than everyone else last season, and don't look any weaker this time around.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blinder Data on July 23, 2018, 12:47:58 PM
Stop being weird and unpleasant.

Liverpool to win it, I think.

I obviously don't want that to happen but I despise Aaron Ramsey.

If Liverpool win the league while i'm alive i'll give 200 pound to charity.

BlodwynPig

France to win
Croatia, Peru and England to go down

The Lurker

Quote from: gabrielconroy on July 23, 2018, 12:13:59 AM
I don't think there is one yet, so I just made one (classic scoring system).

Code is 994300-221259

I'm in, thanks!

phantom_power

Mourinho has already managed to suck the joy and excitement out of the season already with his mardy press conferences and general summer behaviour. Either he is angling to fuck off (please!) and is framing it as being all the club's fault for failing to back him, or he is preparing for another anti-football joyless slog of a season

Ferris

Quote from: The Lurker on July 23, 2018, 02:42:07 PM
I'm in, thanks!

Also joined. Pleased to see my mid-table gang of plodders are already mid-table. We shall remain there all season, unerringly unflushable.

Richarlison having a medical now. £35m despite the Beeb's vehement anti-Toffee snark suggesting £50m, following their determination to report the Lukaku transfer at £75m when it would have been £90m if we play the Richarlison game.

jobotic

Quote from: phantom_power on July 23, 2018, 03:37:45 PM
Mourinho has already managed to suck the joy and excitement out of the season already with his mardy press conferences and general summer behaviour. Either he is angling to fuck off (please!) and is framing it as being all the club's fault for failing to back him, or he is preparing for another anti-football joyless slog of a season

When it was all smiles and joy and laughter during the World Cup I briefly thought of Mourinho and felt a wave of despair and boredom.

wosl

Villo auto promotion to the Prem, cheers thanks

BlodwynPig

Quote from: wosl on July 23, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

Nooooo...they said "never again" and I believed them.

Ferris

Quote from: wosl on July 23, 2018, 05:31:09 PM

More chance of aliens making First Contact at Villa Park, but thanks for the vote of confidence.

im barry bethel

Sarri wins the league causes a 606 storm for smoking in the dugout and cops a ban for calling Poch a poofter and Mourinho an arse bandit

BlodwynPig

Just leave this here

England 0 - 5 France, today.

U-19 Euros. Defending champpos dumped right out.

BlodwynPig

Arthur, Douglas, Malco(l)m, Den(n)is, Lionel and Gerard at Barcelona next season. The cast of Minder?

smudge1971

Quote from: DrGreggles on July 24, 2018, 10:34:51 PM
https://twitter.com/queensparkfc/status/1021856139447881733
I suspected John Terry would make a dramatic return to football. Keegan was airlifted off the pitch, Robinho was parachuted onto the pitch, JT was dropped by his verminous dad.

Utter Shit

The upcoming season looks like it's going to be fantastic. I know the ever-expanding coffers of PL clubs is a #badthing, but seeing teams like Wolves and Fulham able to buy top players like Seri, Schurrle, Patricio and Moutinho means the league is ever more competitive.

Bogbrainedmurphy

Quote from: Utter Shit on July 25, 2018, 02:01:01 PM
The upcoming season looks like it's going to be fantastic. I know the ever-expanding coffers of PL clubs is a #badthing, but seeing teams like Wolves and Fulham able to buy top players like Seri, Schurrle, Patricio and Moutinho means the league is ever more competitive.

Agree, will be great to watch as an outsider. Quite happy to be watching my team struggling to stay in Championship though, might be made to feel like its the Promised Land but I've no wish to be back in that money circus any time soon.

DrGreggles

Post-tournament seasons always take a while to get me fully interested for some reason.
This one seems to be starting even earlier than normal.

finnquark

Looking forward to a year of midtable mediocrity for Alty. Can't compete with moneybags in the Conf North. 13th place and 6 points of the Chuckle Brothers of Chester would be good. Oh and beating Stockport.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: finnquark on July 25, 2018, 03:16:20 PM
Looking forward to a year of midtable mediocrity for Alty. Can't compete with moneybags in the Conf North. 13th place and 6 points of the Chuckle Brothers of Chester would be good. Oh and beating Stockport.

I've asked BGMNTS to put a fiver on you getting promoted.

BlodwynPig