Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Ball, Ball, Ball - Footy, Footy, Footy: 2018/2019

Started by gabrielconroy, July 22, 2018, 12:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlodwynPig

Quote from: buttgammon on August 02, 2018, 09:21:39 AM
I live in Dublin and Shamrock Rovers are my local team, and when I say I'm from Wrexham, people seem to know an unusual amount about our team. Bizarrely, Rovers don't like Wrexham (the football club anyway, I can't comment on the town) because there is a connection with the fans of their rivals Bohemians. Wrexham and Shamrock Rovers must be one of the few examples I can think of of a rivalry between teams that have probably never played each other.

a google search reveals several riots involving "coked-up Wrexham hooligans" in Dublin after Shamrock vs. Bohemian games.

buttgammon

I'm aware of the trouble, but what's confused me is where the Wrexham/Bohs connection comes from in the first place. I've heard people say Bohs played a European qualifier against a Welsh team at The Racecourse and it started then, but the closest I can find is one they played against TNS in Oswestry and another against Rhyl that was played in Rhyl, so I'm assuming they have got this mixed up with a friendly.

Chollis

OK that's enough Wrexham.

Fulham have bought well haven't they? Won the transfer window, haven't they?

gabrielconroy

Quote from: Chollis on August 03, 2018, 10:49:53 AM
OK that's enough Wrexham.

I'd say that trophy goes to Wolves, who seem to have bought half the Portuguese national team for three packs of crisps and a signed picture of Steve Bull.

imitationleather

Oooh-ayyy, oooooh-ayyyyy! Celebration time! Put on a funny hat and dance around the living room! The football season is finally here! Christ... That fortnight of no competitive matches (aside from the highly prestigious International Champions Cup, obviously) felt like it would never end.

Score prediction for tonight: Reading: 8 Frank Lampard's Derby County: 0

DrGreggles

Quote from: Chollis on August 03, 2018, 10:49:53 AM

I can see Jean Michael Seri having a monster season, then leaving for £100 million next summer.

PowerButchi

Quote from: buttgammon on August 02, 2018, 06:21:23 PM
I'm aware of the trouble, but what's confused me is where the Wrexham/Bohs connection comes from in the first place. I've heard people say Bohs played a European qualifier against a Welsh team at The Racecourse and it started then, but the closest I can find is one they played against TNS in Oswestry and another against Rhyl that was played in Rhyl, so I'm assuming they have got this mixed up with a friendly.

The two teams link up with Celtic fans a lot too for super Anglobaiting.

imitationleather

Frank Lampard wishing he'd opted for a gilet tonight. The only way to motivate this lethargic Derby team is to pull a Sherwood and aggressively throw it to the ground in full view of every single camera in the stadium. The proper Football Man management style.

BlodwynPig

The Championship looks tasty, only Rotherham an obvious weak side (I don't mean statistically as a few like Birmingham and Hull have been dross in recent seasons). How many are ex-Prem? 19/24?

Anyway, it's too early, still enjoying the World Cup afterglow.

imitationleather

imitationleather

I'm not too sure about the the little squiggly line next to the first letter on each player's shirt in the EFL.

finnquark

Quote from: BlodwynPig on August 03, 2018, 09:14:28 PM
The Championship looks tasty, only Rotherham an obvious weak side (I don't mean statistically as a few like Birmingham and Hull have been dross in recent seasons). How many are ex-Prem? 19/24?

Anyway, it's too early, still enjoying the World Cup afterglow.

Bolton will be dire if they're signing Josh Magennis

PowerButchi

A wonderful winner tonight from Wrexham's Tom Lawrence.

BlodwynPig

First season in the 2nd division starts well for Hamburg

Hamburger SV 0 - 3 Holstein Kiel

holyzombiejesus

Fantasy Football League code: 1408862-319597
Head to Head League code: 1408862-512855

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/

gabrielconroy

^ There's already one going at 994300-221259. But I'll join your head to head as well.

DrGreggles

Just tried to watch the EFL highlights online, but it's no longer on C5.
What the fuck is the Quest channel?

Captain Z

Didn't Alan Partridge present a show on there?

Sgt. Duckie

Not long until 'Lawro's 2-0 predictions' and 'Garth Crooks' Team of the Week' returns. Who said Heaven wasn't a place on earth?

imitationleather

Unless Chelsea are really awful this season, it's looking like it's going to be another effortless Man City stroll towards the Premier League title. Still, the race for the top six should be exciting eh, lads? *Rings Sky demanding the full TV package, regardless of cost. JUST TAKE MY MONEY YOU BASTARDS*

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on August 05, 2018, 02:17:47 PM
Not long until 'Lawro's 2-0 predictions' and 'Garth Crooks' My Mates of the Week' returns. Who said Heaven wasn't a place on earth?

bgmnts

Quote from: imitationleather on August 05, 2018, 03:59:36 PM
Unless Chelsea are really awful this season, it's looking like it's going to be another effortless Man City stroll towards the Premier League title. Still, the race for the top six should be exciting eh, lads? *Rings Sky demanding the full TV package, regardless of cost. JUST TAKE MY MONEY YOU BASTARDS*

Eh?

garnish

Quote from: Sgt. Duckie on August 05, 2018, 02:17:47 PM
Not long until 'Lawro's 2-0 predictions' and 'Garth Crooks' Team of the Week' returns. Who said Heaven wasn't a place on earth?

His team of the week is a great way to find out who scored a goal this week without looking up the scores.

rue the polywhirl

Not convinced by Chelsea's manager. He could always make a good stand in for Barry Chuckle if things don't work out for him at Chelsea (which could be in a couple of weeks time).

BlodwynPig

After 3/4 of a season of relative stability, Newcastle return to teetering on the brink of 'joke club' status

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45091145

imitationleather

I went to Gateshead v Salford this evening. Gateshead won 2:1, making it one point from a possible six for the Class of '92. LOL.

DrGreggles

Quote from: imitationleather on August 07, 2018, 10:59:35 PM
the Class of '92

They have a striker on 4k a week basic.
4 grand a week to play 5th tier football.

finnquark

Alty beating Southport at Haig Avenue for the first time since god knows when, plus My Brother Gary's United B losing to a part time team made for a great night. I went to the pre-season game when we played Salford, they had new signings Danny Lloyd from Peterborough and Nathan Pond from Salford playing, both of whom will also be on large wedges.

holyzombiejesus

The keeper they signed from Fleetwood had offers from league teams too.