Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 10:18:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Good websites/blogs for keeping up with new literature?

Started by Kishi the Bad Lampshade, July 22, 2018, 08:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kishi the Bad Lampshade

I recently realised that despite Liking Books, I have no idea what's coming out in the world of literature or how one finds out about it without routinely going into bookshops (which I can't do as easily now as I'm living abroad in a non-Anglophone country). A quick Google doesn't immediately offer any blogs, newsletters etc. that appeal to me. Come to think of it, the thing I actually relied on for letting me know when something interesting was coming out was Serge's posts, sadly.

Does anyone have any recommendations for book blogs, newletters, websites etc?

holyzombiejesus

I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to blogs?

I find out about new stuff by reading the Guardian Review on Saturdays and The Observer Review on Sundays. Both recently had one of those lengthy 'what will you be reading this summer' sections and I saw some interesting things mentioned. This place has thrown up some decent recommendations and looking at the literature prize longlist can also be rewarding. Caught By The River website has a decent literature section too, although much of the stuff they review has a bucolic theme so might not appeal to everyone.

poloniusmonk

The Millions is pretty useful for new American stuff.

Moonshine

A Little Blog of Books is my go to for new releases. The author of the blog generally goes for most of the year's prize nominated books.