Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 16, 2024, 07:59:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Most hated human behaviours.

Started by bgmnts, July 23, 2018, 07:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tombola

People at work huffing at me over insignificant things because they fear and don't understand my methods.

Sony Walkman Prophecies

Quote from: Jumblegraws on August 04, 2018, 11:27:40 AM
I have a friend whose knowledge about wildlife doesn't extend much beyond alphabet books. We were at the beach once and I pointed out some gannets, he didn't know what I was talking about and then tried to make out I was being pretentious by not referring to them as seagulls.

I have a mate like this who goes "oooh, la dee da!" whenever I mention anything French - whether it be a book, film, or something lowly like a comic. He just assumes that because it's from France it must be the most pretentious, precious thing ever made. He made the same noise the other day when I mentioned Gaspar Noe ffs. He's basically the real-world incarnation of the blockbuster-obsessed geek from League of Gentleman. "Trois couleurs Bleu? OHhhh. Is it a bluey?"

Noonling

I'm growing really sick of the word "cult" to describe...everything. Every group ever, as long as you disagree with it.

Like Corbyn? You're in a cult.
Like Trump? You're in a cult.
Transphobe? You're in a cult.
Transgender? You're in a cult.
Feminist? You're in a cult.
Red piller? You're in a cult.
Multi Level Marketing? You're in a cult.

Clownbaby

People who are nasty to the people they are attracted to

manticore

Yes, that's an odd phnomenon. A related one is the notion that 'playing hard to get' with someone you like is a good thing to do. The idea of turning mutual attraction into a mind game is not congenial to me at all. Complementarily, men who see the matter of finding a love partner as a 'chase'.

OTOH some people find heavy banter and argument quite a turn on, which I can sort of see.

Clownbaby

I feel like the heavy banter can come later once you've established a proper bond. Just like your mates taking the piss out of you is usually more welcome than someone youve just met trying to be that same kind of overly comfortae. I'd be fine to back and forth with someone I already knew was worth debating with but to just be a guy and poke and bug me when I don't even know what I think of th yet is so unappealing.

Gulftastic

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 04, 2018, 08:17:25 PM
People who are nasty to the people they are attracted to

I know I've been guilty of that sort of thing in the past, manifesting as cutting jokes and 'banter'. I put it down to a reaction to my own frustration in knowing nothing could or will ever convert my attraction to anything even approaching real.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Gulftastic on August 06, 2018, 09:59:59 AM
I know I've been guilty of that sort of thing in the past, manifesting as cutting jokes and 'banter'. I put it down to a reaction to my own frustration in knowing nothing could or will ever convert my attraction to anything even approaching real.

See I always find that to be a strange viewpoint to have because it can never hurt your chances to just not piss off/upset someone you like. I know there's usually more of a deep reason behind it but it seems like such an obvious self-sabotage move, like the type of friends who suddenly feel over their head being friends with someone and start testing how far they can push them until they both just fall out.

There was a lad at school when I was about 13 who was constantly nasty to me, saying I was ugly and would never get a boyfriend, years later I found out he had a crush on me back then. It was moronic of him to be such a dickhead then cause we actually had had a few things in common and if he'd just been a decent person around me I would have probably liked him. Stupid bugger.

Hecate

Surely you grow out of pulling pigtails once you're out of short trousers though, you quickly learn that it's not the best approach?

Clownbaby

Quote from: Hecate on August 06, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Surely you grow out of pulling pigtails once you're out of short trousers though, you quickly learn that it's not the best approach?

Sadly a lot of people never learn that, that's why so many people still think "negging" is a good way to get someone to like them

Replies From View

Quote from: Hecate on August 06, 2018, 12:03:29 PM
Surely you grow out of pulling pigtails once you're out of short trousers though

Surely not every Autumn?

Harpo Speaks

Quote from: Sony Walkman Prophecies on August 04, 2018, 02:34:21 PM
He's basically the real-world incarnation of the blockbuster-obsessed geek from League of Gentleman. "Trois couleurs Bleu"

"Dracula's What?"

manticore

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 04, 2018, 08:34:27 PM
I feel like the heavy banter can come later once you've established a proper bond.

I remember talking to a woman who regarded herself as 'left of centre' (she liked Tony Blair) and a feminist, and she got interested in a bloke who was right wing and anti-feminist. Straightaway she liked to get into arguments with him in which they insulted each other for their beliefs. She told me 'it turns me on'. They had a short affair.

She was a pretty tough-minded and competitive person who despised  men she regarded as 'inadequate' and 'wimps', an example being the characters Norm and Cliff in 'Cheers'.

We didn't really get on, can't think why.

Cloud

Good places for a chat or a meeting: canteen (tables), meeting rooms, offices, cafes, pubs

Annoying places for a chat or meeting (for everyone else): doorways, across the width of corridors / shopping aisles / pavements, in front of the coffee making facilities

Everyone chooses the latter group...

bgmnts

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 06, 2018, 12:06:35 PM
Sadly a lot of people never learn that, that's why so many people still think "negging" is a good way to get someone to like them

It must work to a degree.

Clownbaby

Quote from: bgmnts on August 08, 2018, 08:09:26 AM
It must work to a degree.

It works on some people aye but it's still not a good thing to get used to doing

bgmnts

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 08, 2018, 11:07:19 AM
It works on some people aye but it's still not a good thing to get used to doing

Yeah but what do you know you're thick.

Love me.

Clownbaby

Clownbaby

Aww man being doing some neg related research and now I'm proper annoyed, it puts a proper bee in my bonnet

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/TheRedPill/comments/3xjzt1/art_of_the_neg/#ampf=undefined

Many women can tell, believe it or not lads on Reddit, when a compliment is genuine and when a compliment is just a generic gush. Just genuinely say something nice if you bloody like her and if she doesn't respond then she's not interested and leave it at that. Also the claim that all pretty women are immune to compliments and full of themselves is total bollocks. That's a personality trait, not a trait that can be determined based on appearance alone.

I don't think much of myself but I have been told I'm relatively good looking so giving me a neg would be fuckin stupid cause I'm not even on a high horse to begin with, and I'd just be thinking could've been in with a chance if you'd just been nice and not picked apart my face... I've had to learn not to be overly critical of the way I look so getting a bitchy backhand compliment from a lad while I'm out would just make me think that he was emotionally immature and indulges in exactly the kind of negative behaviour that I've carefully taught myself over the years to overcome.

bgmnts

To be fair i'm a borderline autistic spasmoloid and you'd never know if my compliments were genuine, even though they always are.

Men are idiots though, real idiots.

Small Man Big Horse

People who use the term "artsy-fartsy" to describe anything which isn't mainstream. Sure, some arthouse stuff is pretentious or might not work for various reasons, but this dismissive catch all phrase for anything that tries to be something different is fairly patronising and really annoys me.

Blue Jam

Work colleagues putting on a cloying, cutesy baby voice when they want you to do them a favour that's a big ask or is otherwise a bit cheeky:

"Oh hey guys! I was wondering: would one of you lovely people be so wonderful as to let me borrow your computer? For about six hours, yeah? That wouldn't be too cheeky would it? Oh pwetty pwease?"

"Oh, I hope you don't mind me using your desk, I won't be a minute... awwww, sowwy!"

Also done by people when they want to tell someone off without sounding like they're telling someone off, as a kind of passive-aggressive bollocking. It doesn't soften the blow, it just makes the person being told off want to punch them.

There's a Smack The Pony sketch which illustrates this perfectly but I can't find it right now.

Cloud

Anyone coming in with "HIIIIII LOVELY IT PEOPLE!!" gets an instant "oh dear, what are you after?"

bgmnts

People who spend their entire workout routine in the stretching area at the gym. Its their money, fine, but fucking hell what a cunt you are. You can do that anywhere.

Actually, almost everyone at the gym.

flotemysost

People describing stuff (films, music, etc.) as 'one for the lads' or 'one for the girls'. Why? Who decides this stuff? I'll watch/listen to whatever the fuck I feel like, thank you.

People repeating passed-on 'wisdom' as if it's gospel, without actually thinking about whether it's correct. 'Reheating rice makes it bad for you' is one that always annoys me more than it should - reheating rice doesn't cause it to go off, that wouldn't make any sense - but if it wasn't washed and cooked and stored properly in the first place and there's bacteria in it, and if you then don't reheat it thoroughly enough, yes, there will still be germs in it. (Mind you, I learned this the hard way so I'm probably just bitter.)

shiftwork2

Quote from: bgmnts on August 10, 2018, 07:59:38 AM
People who spend their entire workout routine in the stretching area at the gym. Its their money, fine, but fucking hell what a cunt you are. You can do that anywhere.

I laughed.  Most hated human behaviours eh?

Quote from: flotemysost on August 10, 2018, 09:57:18 PM'Reheating rice makes it bad for you' is one that always annoys me more than it should - reheating rice doesn't cause it to go off, that wouldn't make any sense - but if it wasn't washed and cooked and stored properly in the first place and there's bacteria in it, and if you then don't reheat it thoroughly enough, yes, there will still be germs in it. (Mind you, I learned this the hard way so I'm probably just bitter.)

They're probably referring to the toxin produced by spore-forming bacteria (B. cereus) when rice isn't cooked properly, and which isn't destroyed by reheating. But otherwise you're right of course, reheating rice doesn't make it bad. (I've done it enough times).

Sebastian Cobb

Our fridge packed in once and I eat several day-old biryani I'd made, which based on the severe warnings people give should've made me quite ill, admittedly I did give it an extra couple of minutes in the microwave for good measure, but I was fine.

Zetetic

The point is that those couple of extra minutes won't do you any good since, as Voltansays, the toxins are fairly resistant to high temperatures (withstanding boiling temperatures for hours).

I thought part of the issue is that even you cook the rice properly in the first place (to kill the spores at that time), but leave the rice around for a bit, it's far from impossible that you'll end up introducing spores from elsewhere.

(But, yes, cooking properly followed shortly by covering and refrigeration, and later reheating should be fine.)