Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:37:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Most hated human behaviours.

Started by bgmnts, July 23, 2018, 07:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Yeah but the point is I didn't refrigerate it at all!

Zetetic

Ah, I thought you'd retrieved it from your dead fridge. Guess so long as it is cooked properly and you don't shovel more bacteria in there...

Sebastian Cobb

To be fair the place was an absolute hovel. Probably had a quite resilient immune system at the time.

Replies From View

YOUR PROMOTIONAL CAMPAIGN TO TEMPT ME TO EAT MORE RICE has FAILED, guys.

Sebastian Cobb

I was feeling a bit flush in lidl the other day so bought the posh golden sun basmati rice rather than the cheaper stuff. I'll let you all know how I get on.

I left some rice in an airtight rice cooker after cooking for some friends in China. I cooked four meals in six years so when I went to cook the meal following the previous, the smell of the leftover rice was genuinely eye-watering and smelled like an alcoholic drink made from fermented burning plastic. An absolutely astonishing aroma, the product of around eight months sitting in an airtight container through a 38 degree summer.

This is unrelated to my hiring a cleaner.

Replies From View

Quote from: The Boston Crab on August 11, 2018, 03:44:34 PM
the product of around eight months sitting in an airtight container through a 38 degree summer.

Just thinking now about all the emails it must have received asking it to sign petitions and stuff.

flotemysost

My fatal error was that although I'd thoroughly washed and cooked it, and then refrigerated the leftovers, I ate it straight out the fridge without reheating it at all 2-3 days later, like a philistine. Cue 48 hours of nonstop liquid projectiles from both ends, and proof that the reheating adage is bollocks. Returned to work with banging cheekbones after that, though.

bgmnts

People who do those incredibly loud sneezes. This bloke next to me seems to shout during a sneeze. Cunt.

Replies From View

Quote from: bgmnts on August 13, 2018, 07:40:30 AM
People who do those incredibly loud sneezes. This bloke next to me seems to shout during a sneeze. Cunt.

My mum shouts as she sneezes, and when I visit my parents now I tell her to sneeze more quietly.

"It's just the way I sneeze," she says.  "It's the way I've always sneezed."

"If you'd sneezed like that when you were in school in the 1950s don't you think you would have been told off?  Just suddenly yelling 'RAAAAAHOOOOOOO!' in the middle of a lesson?"

Sneezing is a learned noise, isn't it.  I've heard people literally saying the word "a-tish-oo" whilst sneezing.  No it isn't just a natural noise that your body makes and has always made.  Stop doing it so fucking loudly.

Clownbaby

People who butt in with smart arse/overly literal answers to questions that are obviously rhetorical/not even directed at them. Learn to read the god damn tone of what someone is saying. I don't literally want to know exactlywhy everyone seems to be getting in the way "because it's a busy day and a lot of these people are elderly, they walk more slowly, and have less spacial awareness due to poor hearing"

No fuck off you're supposed to just say "aye I know" fucking Sheldon.

Clownbaby

Quote from: Replies From View on August 13, 2018, 11:00:12 AM
My mum shouts as she sneezes, and when I visit my parents now I tell her to sneeze more quietly.

"If you'd sneezed like that when you were in school in the 1950s don't you think you would have been told off?  Just suddenly yelling 'RAAAAAHOOOOOOO!' in the middle of a lesson?"

Sneezing is a learned noise, isn't it.  I've heard people literally saying the word "a-tish-oo" whilst sneezing.  No it isn't just a natural noise that your body makes and has always made.  Stop doing it so fucking loudly.

My dad sneezes 7 times in a row each time, and the last sneeze always goes ATISHOOOOOOOOooh, dear and morphs with an oh dear. Irritating.

Cloud

Quote from: Replies From View on August 13, 2018, 11:00:12 AM

It seems I have a sibling I didn't know about.  My mum is exactly the same and says exactly the same thing about it

It startles the hamster.

The impression I get is that she hates sneezing and that's just a sort of involuntary vocal reaction to it.  The root of the problem would therefore be to try and give less of a shit about sneezing...

bgmnts

Fucking hell this cunt eats like he has a microphone in his gums.

I can hear every single crunch, wet squelch and click of the jaw like it is in my own head.

CUNT.

asids

"Ghosting" or whatever they call it when you get chatting to someone through a dating app and they'll just blank you and never respond to your ever again even though you could be in the middle of a conversation. Could be chatting for days or even weeks and then they just decide to fuck you off.

It suggests an emotional disconnect and an unwillingness to be brave enough to indicate that you aren't really interested, so you just say nothing and try to avoid it instead.

Clownbaby

Quote from: asids on August 13, 2018, 03:45:13 PM
"Ghosting" or whatever they call it when you get chatting to someone through a dating app and they'll just blank you and never respond to your ever again even though you could be in the middle of a conversation. Could be chatting for days or even weeks and then they just decide to fuck you off.

It suggests an emotional disconnect and an unwillingness to be brave enough to indicate that you aren't really interested, so you just say nothing and try to avoid it instead.

This is a really unpleasant move if the person they're talking to has been perfectly alright and not said something dodgy. One of my most hated human behaviours is people who can't say "no" or be clear when it's needed. I'd rather someone I was talking to over message like that straight up messaged me out of the blue "sorry, decided I'm not interested,  I'm not going to keep talking to you." There. Done. No ambiguity. It might feel a bit shit on the receivers end, especially if they thought it was going well, but at least everyone knows what the deal is and can draw a line under it. And people who do this and say "but I don't want to hurt her/his feeling though" don't seem to realise that out-of-nowhere ghosting just pisses off the person more and adds confusion onto that. SAY if the person you were messaging creeped you out or pissed you off, and SAY if you're not interested.

kittens

if they do that it wouldn't have worked anyway so why get cross about it

Clownbaby

It's just annoying though innit that people can be so vague, there could be a whole host of reasons why they stopped messaging but they never clear that up and it's just irritating, even if it is technically a lucky escape

Replies From View

kittens

whenever that happened to me when i was using tinder i would just assume they had decided they weren't interested, or they had found someone else to date/talk to. don't need them to tell me what i've already got worked out

Clownbaby

Aye well thats tinder though isn't it nobody really takes the messaging seriously on tinder.

I had a friend who ghosted a few blokes on some dating app and then had the gall to moan about them not leaving her alone because they'd sent a few messages asking if she was OK and if she was still interested, etc.

"Some blokes can't take no for an answer."

TOP TIP: Radio silence isn't the same as "no".

kittens

i think it is very similar to 'no'. it can't really mean anything else can it.

Golden E. Pump

They're all radio silent when I'm finished with them.

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on August 13, 2018, 04:20:05 PM
i think it is very similar to 'no'. it can't really mean anything else can it.

It could mean 'yes except I have died'.

kittens

just my luck i find true love but she is a dead skeleton who can't use her phone anymore

asids

Quote from: kittens on August 13, 2018, 04:00:25 PM
whenever that happened to me when i was using tinder i would just assume they had decided they weren't interested, or they had found someone else to date/talk to. don't need them to tell me what i've already got worked out

I get what you mean, I'm not gonna try and keep pursuing someone if they don't message back, but it doesn't make it not annoying.

Replies From View

Quote from: kittens on August 13, 2018, 04:29:48 PM
just my luck i find true love but she is a dead skeleton who can't use her phone anymore

Even worse, imagine if she still has eyesight and the phone is right by her face showing her all your desperate updates going "where are you I love you," and she is helpless to respond due to her death. 

:(

Golden E. Pump

It really, really annoys me. There's never any indication either. It's not like things slow down or they react badly to something I mentioned. It's just great conversation and then...nothing. I'm thinking of giving control of my Tinder to a female friend. That's a bad idea isn't it?