Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 10:49:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Most hated human behaviours.

Started by bgmnts, July 23, 2018, 07:24:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: checkoutgirl on August 15, 2018, 10:28:57 AM
People in work who you have to explain the same thing to them 4 times when they could take notes once and refer to these notes. They'd rather waste your time than take notes.

People that delete emails you were both cc'd in on and then later ask you to forward it on. I'm not your pa dickhead.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 15, 2018, 04:59:13 PM
People that delete emails you were both cc'd in on and then later ask you to forward it on. I'm not your pa dickhead.

I had a colleague worse than that. He wouldn't bother to look beyond that week's emails or use Outlook's search function so he'd insist everyone resend important emails that he needed that were over a week old. He never deleted anything, he just couldn't be arsed.

He's retired now thank fuck.

Clownbaby

Ohhh I absolutely hate when people think that doing something slowly makes less noise. It just drags out the damn noise. Just reach into the plastic bag and take out the thing

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 15, 2018, 05:07:07 PM
I had a colleague worse than that. He wouldn't bother to look beyond that week's emails or use Outlook's search function so he'd insist everyone resend important emails that he needed that were over a week old. He never deleted anything, he just couldn't be arsed.

He's retired now thank fuck.

I take it you ignored his requests for the re-sent emails?

Buelligan

I think that would be ungracious, RFV (and frankly, I am surprised you'd even suggest such an idea).  I hope he always forwards every single email four times, just to be on the safe side.  That would be the decent thing, would it not?

Twed

Forward it to him but tell him "I'm going to need that back".

Quote from: Replies From View on August 15, 2018, 11:59:27 PM
I take it you ignored his requests for the re-sent emails?

He'd been a manager in an increasingly redundant department for 30 years and had prostate cancer so management's approach to our complaints of him wasting our time was to humour him. "With his pension and lack of work to do he'll retire soon anyway. No point upsetting him now."

That mantra was repeated for about ten years until he finally sailed off into the sunset.

Replies From View

Quote from: Huxleys Babkins on August 16, 2018, 12:53:25 PM
He'd been a manager in an increasingly redundant department for 30 years and had prostate cancer so management's approach to our complaints of him wasting our time was to humour him. "With his pension and lack of work to do he'll retire soon anyway. No point upsetting him now."

That mantra was repeated for about ten years until he finally sailed off into the sunset.

"Maybe you should stick the emails in your bladder mate where they're likely not to move for ages!  Haha!!"

Nice bit of healthy office bantz.

Cuellar

Eating. I wish people would stop fucking eating all the time.

Quote from: Cuellar on August 16, 2018, 03:50:07 PM
Eating. I wish people would stop fucking eating all the time.

I had to leave the office when my old work person ate a yogurt. What started off normal eating behavior became a quest to remove every last microgram from the container. Scraping a tiny spoon into the pot then licking the spoils, the sound of which was not unlike a dehydrated camel tongues which had not taken liquid for several weeks. It was a symphony of scrape-scrape-scape-slurp-slurp-slurp-scrape-scrape-scape-slurp-slurp-slurp...

Pingers

People who, when you start to overtake them on the motorway, suddenly accelerate, leaving you trapped in the outside lane with a psychopath in a German saloon right behind you, forcing you to drive at a terrifying speed until they randomly slow down again. Those people need to be tossed into agricultural machinery.

EOLAN

Am getting recent traffic incidents on the mind after the previous post. Was merging on to a lane from the left and there was a turn off on the right coming up a few hundred metres further up with a speed camera also in vicinity. Merge first lane fine and then judge the car on the right lane to be too fast for me to get ahead of so slow down slightly to allow it pass, while indicating right when he is passing me. Then van comes flying right up behind me, indicates right and moves over before I can do anything so I let it over take me. As it passes me out close to the upcoming junction it has to suddenly pull back into the left lane. Would have been much better off just letting me turn right and let themselves speed straight on to their heart's content.

My own behaviour which can annoy others is my unemotional acceptance of guilt. Almost caused a crash myself by not checking a blind spot. Angered rightly the driver who pulled down their window; so I let mine down so I could let them agitate at me. My mild apology and acceptance it was my fault seemed to annoy them even more.

New Jack

I hate false modesty.

Example, famous person subtitles their autobiog 'A Life'. Fuck off, if it was just any old life if wouldn't be published, its hackneyed shit that seems a cunt trademark

People rarely get the balance between confidence and being annoying right, whether it's through false modesty or arrogance. The ego is so, so obvious, especially if you downplay it!

Replies From View

"The gentle corrosion of the battery acid within their dedicated compartment of my television remote control..."

Mate it wasn't gentle corrosion, was it.  Use more aggressive language in your autobiography next time please.

Isnt Anything

CAN I HAZ BARREL-ROLL NOW PLZ ?

Clownbaby

People who brag about not liking popular/"low"/"trashy" things. Not the same as just saying you don't like something. I'm okay with that, nobody can agree on everything. People low key going out of their way to make a point that they have a "braver" and "more refined" taste in whatever when the situation didn't really call for it.

A: Anybody recommend a decent kebab place I'm starving and fancy a proper dirty kebab

B: rattles off expensive recipe for kebabs I only make my own kebabs because it is healthier

A: okay good for you, sounds good but not what I asked is it

______

B: What is this shit

A: Die Antwoord

B: puts on Pink Floyd next This is real music, I don't listen to misic that other people my age listen to, I only listen to niche bands. Allow me to give you an education heh heh

A: oh thank you my mind has been opened by Pink fucking Floyd as if anyone hasn't fucking heard of them, thank you so much

Replies From View

This hasn't happened much to me in recent years, as I have done a good job of pruning cunts from my life, but what I've remembered hating is when people shut down potentially interesting discussion with the invitation to google what you are wondering about.

Before google existed, we used to wonder stuff.  People who read a lot about something would be able to share that information and in a decent conversation it would be given a degree of reverence or healthy scepticism.  But if we didn't know about it between us, we would just ponder and talk.  We could make notes about things to learn about before next time, but that might require a trip to the library, before which we would just wonder.  Some kids have never had that.  Being able to google on the go has stripped a lot of fun out of life, I think - the process of wondering, where the goal isn't to find the answer and shut up about it, but to think about possibilities.

Back when I had more cunts in my life, but after the internet had caught on, the response to a question of interest would often be "try google".  Which is obnoxious partly because it's shutting down the conversation you wanted to have, but also because it assumes you were too stupid to even think of using a search engine to find an answer to something.

You might say that conversations like that are dull and those people had a point, but I'm not talking about people who were above chit-chat and tittle-tattle; they would gossip all day about people they knew, or the celebrities that formed the content of their witless magazines.

A stern letter from the Labour leadership would be too good for them.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Clownbaby on August 17, 2018, 11:34:19 AM
People who brag about not liking popular/"low"/"trashy" things. Not the same as just saying you don't like something. I'm okay with that, nobody can agree on everything. People low key going out of their way to make a point that they have a "braver" and "more refined" taste in whatever when the situation didn't really call for it.

A: Anybody recommend a decent kebab place I'm starving and fancy a proper dirty kebab

B: rattles off expensive recipe for kebabs I only make my own kebabs because it is healthier

A: okay good for you, sounds good but not what I asked is it

People that point out that fast food is rubbish. yeah, cheers mate, hadn't noticed.

neveragain

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 15, 2018, 04:22:52 PM
The worst version of that is waiters who take your order without writing it down. This is a major source of angst for me as someone who frequently requests "No mayonnaise":

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/jan/14/12-things-restaurants-must-stop-doing-in-2016-jay-rayner

Some hilarious snobbery in the Comments section.

Driving with one arm hanging out of the window/resting on the sill.

paruses

Quote from: neveragain on August 20, 2018, 10:05:32 PM
Some hilarious snobbery in the Comments section.

Yes - I reckon I can read about 5 minutes of Guardian comments and then want to smash something.

A classic on there (but not limited to there) and it sort of ties in with Clownbaby's kebab gripe - people who must mention that their Italian friend / grandmother / relatives would have to be sectioned if they saw you cooking pasta like that / with that sauce / a salad not on a side plate / not having a meat course etc.

Fine but I don't live in Italy, I live on an island in northern Europe - your friends seem oversensitive although I suspect they couldn't give a shit and it's you who likes to make it known that things are cooked differently in other places.

I don't come round their house and mock what they call "breakfast", do I?

Hecate

If wonder if this is more my problem but people having their lights on at night and leaving their blinds open. That seems like a really weird, almost antagonistically brazen thing to do.
Do normal people do that?

QDRPHNC

Quote from: Hecate on August 24, 2018, 09:57:27 PM
If wonder if this is more my problem but

This should be CaB's tagline.

Brundle-Fly

Quote from: QDRPHNC on August 24, 2018, 10:03:46 PM
This should be CaB's tagline.

Replacing last year's...Nobody is saying that! ?

Hecate

Can we do another take. I said "If wonder if"
I don't want to look like a right nana if it's going on promotional material.

Zetetic

'Music' 'festivals'.

Years navigating fuckwits at Castle Cary, and now - in a different time and place - it feels like the homosexuals are trying to drive me round the twist.

manticore

Quote from: Zetetic on August 25, 2018, 05:06:14 PM
'Music' 'festivals'.

Years navigating fuckwits at Castle Cary, and now - in a different time and place - it feels like the homosexuals are trying to drive me round the twist.

I hate the way that when I read something I find utterly inscrutable, i fixate on it beyond any reason rather than think about something else. (Though I agree about music festivals.)

Zetetic

:p

I'm being subjected to a multi-day event that's been attached to our country's national Pride march. Something about the arrangements of the festival, the streets between me and it, and the recently-erected multi-storey student accommodation on the other side of me funnels music into my flat.

And it will continue to do so for the next 3 hours if yesterday was any indication.

Replies From View

Quote from: paruses on August 21, 2018, 06:19:01 PM
I don't come round their house and mock what they call "breakfast", do I?

I'm telling you now mate - it's some reheated rice from a pan, with a bit of like all dandelion clocks in it.

Yeah, exactly.

Buelligan

Quote from: Pingers on August 16, 2018, 06:31:42 PM
People who, when you start to overtake them on the motorway, suddenly accelerate, leaving you trapped in the outside lane with a psychopath in a German saloon right behind you, forcing you to drive at a terrifying speed until they randomly slow down again. Those people need to be tossed into agricultural machinery.

You need a bigger boat.

I hate, really quite hate, people who pull out to overtake without checking if there's someone out there already doing it, especially someone on a motorbike.

The last two times someone tried to kill me like that, I followed them home and explained my feelings to them.