Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 06:44:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread: the New Generation

Started by Z, July 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: New Jack on August 11, 2018, 11:25:48 PM
Woah, PWInsider said Asuka walked out of Smackdown early cause she's not on Summerslam and isn't taking calls off WWE

Fair play to her, shes clearly being under/misused. WWE are making the indies great again by pissing off all the people that work for them so they leave and go elsewhere. Christ, if they can put on even a half decent show at All In people are going to be throwing money at them for more. Its suddenly become a very interesting time for wrestling, its now perfectly possible to be very rich and succesful without sucking WWEs corporate cock, I think with the MSG sellout and All In more people are going to leave WWE because there are now other options of making a very good living out of pro wrestling.

Moribunderast

Don't want to shock anyone but the G1 Final was excellent.

New Jack

I was worked! Into a shoot!!!!!

G1 done, winner didn't surprise me, haven't watched it yet obvs. Gawd, so much wrestling, yet I watched World of Sport Wrestling yesterday, which had a fat man billed as being 36 stone on the show with the moveset you'd expect

I need priorities

Moribunderast

Quote from: New Jack on August 12, 2018, 10:46:14 AM
I was worked! Into a shoot!!!!!

G1 done, winner didn't surprise me, haven't watched it yet obvs. Gawd, so much wrestling, yet I watched World of Sport Wrestling yesterday, which had a fat man billed as being 36 stone on the show with the moveset you'd expect

I need priorities

I won't lie. I'm relieved G1 is all over. I've been juggling that and a film festival over the past fortnight (plus employment and eating and all that boring stuff) and it's going to be nice to have some spare time back.

sevendaughters

Quote from: Moribunderast on August 12, 2018, 10:58:24 AM
I won't lie. I'm relieved G1 is all over. I've been juggling that and a film festival over the past fortnight (plus employment and eating and all that boring stuff) and it's going to be nice to have some spare time back.

yeah off the back of the World Cup too. harsh.

great final.

magval

Who was in the final? Can't think of a way to look it up without it being spoiled

Moribunderast

Quote from: magval on August 12, 2018, 01:32:08 PM
Who was in the final? Can't think of a way to look it up without it being spoiled

The semi-finals were Ibushi vs. Omega and Okada vs. Tanahashi - the final was Tanahashi vs. Ibushi and all three are worth going out of your way to watch.

Deanjam

Absolutely delighted with the result of this G1.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Deanjam on August 12, 2018, 04:24:07 PM
Absolutely delighted with the result of this G1.

Likewise. That was the most enjoyable match I've seen in a long time.

Ja'moke

BeardFaceMan

Fuck, he was my favourite wrestler when I started watching WWF when was about 11. That beard... I'm sad now.

gmoney

Loved him as a kid, he was a fantastic hardman compliment to Bret in the Hart Foundation, and though he was well knackered by 97, he was part of the Hart Foundation/Canada storyline that might be my favourite period in all of wrestling.

Z

For a guy Neidhart's size big into weightlifting and shit like that, to say nothing of whatever drugs he has issues with (cocaine, wasn't it?), 63 isn't actually that bad of an age, is it?

How many from Heroes of Wrestling's lineup are dead now?

Deanjam

Quote from: Z on August 13, 2018, 09:23:14 PM
How many from Heroes of Wrestling's lineup are dead now?

Of the people who actually wrestled 6 (the number goes up if you want to add managers). Which is probably less than some ECW ppv's of the same period.

Deanjam

Ambrose returns looking bigger and meaner. Always nice to see a man accept he's going bald. Hopefully will turn on Seth at SummerSlam.

Moribunderast

Apparently WWE blame the NJPW/ROH Madison Square Garden sellout, in part, on Dave Meltzer and Bryan Alvarez. You see, they're mad that Dave and Bryan cover and "promote" non-WWE products by interviewing non-WWE wrestlers... while WWE themselves have banned their wrestlers from appearing on WO/F4O podcasts. The McMahons really do seem like the most staggeringly spoiled and petty people sometimes. It's a bit sad that they do have the money to probably pry Omega and a few others away from NJPW because you know they'll either bury them out of spite or just bury them out of pure incompetence. Just think, right now Ibushi could be on 205 Live wrestling in front of bored crowds instead of having a string of bugfuck insane performances in the G1 Tournament.

BeardFaceMan

Entitled would be a good word for the McMahons, I think. They really do think everything in wrestling revolves around them, they ARE wrestling and get extremely pissy when anyone acts like they're not royalty, like the WWE is the only place anyone wants to wrestle and all roads lead there. The next few months are going to get very interesting. What are the odds that when something happens at All In that gets people talking, Vince will do a parody of it using midgets on Raw?

Golden E. Pump

Anyone else heard the reports that Randy Orton is in the shit for rumours dating back to 2012 that he used to rub his lad with his hands in front of people and then report them to management when they wouldn't shake his hand?

Thats absolutely insane, and yet I believe Randy is capable of something like that. I don't know if the WWE has the balls to fire him, but this could put them over a barrel.

New Jack

Quote from: Golden E. Pump on August 14, 2018, 01:16:35 PM
Anyone else heard the reports that Randy Orton is in the shit for rumours dating back to 2012 that he used to rub his lad with his hands in front of people and then report them to management when they wouldn't shake his hand?

Thats absolutely insane, and yet I believe Randy is capable of something like that. I don't know if the WWE has the balls to fire him, but this could put them over a barrel.

A page ago, my fraudulent fight-loving comrade!

Orton, living the gimmick. The gimmick that he's mental.

Lord help me, I'm going to watch Raw. Ambrose = buys downloads

Edit: Alexa Bliss in the first match. Fml

BeardFaceMan

We really need more places for these guys to work, the tell all books will be fucking insane once people dont mind burning bridges because they have somewhere else to go. People just assume that the mentalness is confined to backstage or on the road but I'm willing to bet theres an awful lot of stuff going on at their corporate offices like Randy taking Little Randy out. Theres no fucking way Vince or Steph dont know about Randy, they just dont care, Vince encourages that shit, not to mention how much Randy has got away with in the past. They'll only do something about it if they public opinion is swinging that way otherwise theyre happy to have their offices smelling of Ortoncheese.

boki

Yeah, that kind of shit doesn't happen in a vacuum.  Randy's had a couple of generations of The Boys' wisdom passed down to him and he's been allowed to run with it.

Quote from: Deanjam on August 14, 2018, 04:17:46 AM
Ambrose returns looking bigger and meaner. Always nice to see a man accept he's going bald. Hopefully will turn on Seth at SummerSlam.

Good to see that Michael Legge is looking a lot better since introducing animal protein into his diet.

Deanjam

Quote from: boki on August 14, 2018, 03:20:35 PM
Yeah, that kind of shit doesn't happen in a vacuum.  Randy's had a couple of generations of The Boys' wisdom passed down to him and he's been allowed to run with it.

Yeah, Randy Orton is a twat is not news. A product of his environment. I'd be amazed if he's punished retroactively in anyway.

BeardFaceMan

Quote from: Deanjam on August 14, 2018, 03:54:09 PM
Yeah, Randy Orton is a twat is not news. A product of his environment. I'd be amazed if he's punished retroactively in anyway.

The only way he'll get punished is if mainstream media grab hold of it and make a deal out of it, if they need to be seen as doing something they will,  otherwise Randy is in Vinces office telling him about his escapades and Vince is roaring with laughter.

New Jack

I have a theory that letting Lesnar elbow fuck out of him means he has a free pass (I hated that, Orton has had a few concussions). He's even got a limited schedule now, cause he wanted one.

WWE did say they're looking into it. Be surprised if it's anything more than a laughable fine.

Golden E. Pump

Well at least it's not the Attitude Era, they'd probably make it his gimmick.

BeardFaceMan