Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:34:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread: the New Generation

Started by Z, July 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Probably called it Double or Nothing because that's at least what you have to pay to get in the building now.

hummingofevil

Quote from: Ja'moke on February 13, 2019, 08:50:33 PM
Yeah, you're always going to get resellers. It annoys me that no one has figured out a way to stop that shit yet.

Ed Sheeran did.

And actually *spits* so did Ricky Gervais to an extent. He charges stupid prices for his best seats so there is no mark up on the tout price and then gives the difference to charity. I think he raised fuck loads on his last tour doing it.

There you go. Positive post about Ed Sheeran and Ricky Gervais.

Ja'moke

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 08:51:45 PM
Wonder why they don't sell tickets on name and check ID's at venue. That's what Metallica and Radiohead did.

Re: My tickets. Anyone ever used Stubhub? I need to sell them on a UK site but have literally no idea how/where.

Are you selling them at face value? Or hoping to make a profit? If you're just selling them at face value then something like Twickets might be easier to use.

Twickets, Scarlet Mist, Facebook, Gumtree. Fuck the resellers.

Timothy

WWE Raw on the 13th of May. Section 107, aisle seats. Don't want a profit and am gonna sell them for face value. We were suppose to travel from Holland to London but might not work out. Tried Stubhub but their service costs are ridiculous and make the reselling price too high.

Gonna learn more about Twickets is!

up_the_hampipe

This is just bait so he can jump Becky Lynch fans outside the venue.

Timothy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on February 13, 2019, 09:26:47 PM
This is just bait so he can jump Becky Lynch fans outside the venue.

Gonna be there with a huge ''Cookdandbombd hates the Man'' and ''CookdandBombd demands Carmella'' signs in the front row. ;-)

hummingofevil

Quote from: Timothy on February 13, 2019, 09:30:00 PM
Gonna be there with a huge ''Cookdandbombd hates the Man'' and ''CookdandBombd demands Carmella'' signs in the front row. ;-)

"YES, I KNOW WHAT A RUSEV DAYs ARE!"

Timothy

Hahaha.

You all didnt lie about that Kofi match.
Smackdown was amazing.

Ja'moke

Jericho on the AEW TV deal situation:

Quote"I'm not going to show up somewhere that doesn't have a major-league television deal. That's not what I'm interested in doing. I'm not doing this to be a martyr or Robin Hood. I'm doing this to continue to grow my brand and to take over the business and the world. I know a few potential suitors for television. I know some potential ideas as far as how we're going to do it. I know that both of them that I've heard are game-changers."

Austin on Becky Lynch comparisons:

Quote"Well, I guess she is, if everybody is saying she is. She does remind me a lot of myself. If you line up that women's roster and you lineup that roster back in the day when I was still in the ring, and you said, 'Hey, I need you to pick out my next breakout Superstar.' I don't think your gonna pick out Becky Lynch and I damn sure know you wouldn't pick me out of that lineup.

"I've loved what she's done, I love what she's doing. I like her swagger. And she's the hottest thing going right now. She's not a person who's dwelling on this being the most athletic match in the world, she's a great worker in the ring, but it's character driven. 'The Man' I love this gimmick, if you're a young lady, calling yourself 'The Man' just like Ric Flair used to be—'To be the man, you gotta beat the man'—but, this is a whole different entity with the way Becky presents it, and obviously, she's a female, it's an awesome gimmick and it's money."

Ja'moke

Jimmy Uso welcomed to the penitentiary...

QuoteWWE superstar Jimmy Uso -- one half of the popular Usos tag team -- was arrested after a drunken dispute with cops in Detroit ... TMZ Sports has learned.

The 33-year-old -- real name Jonathan Solofa Fatu -- and his wife, fellow WWE superstar Naomi, were pulled over near downtown Detroit ... after cops say Naomi was driving the wrong direction on a one-way street.

According to our police sources, cops say their 2018 Dodge Journey reeked of booze ... so they ordered Naomi out of the car.

We're told while Naomi talked to cops, Jimmy got out of the car -- despite commands from police -- and took off his shirt and jacket and squared up like he wanted to fight.

We're told the officer took out his taser 'cause he was scared for his safety.

Jimmy ultimately settled down and complied with their commands ... then he was handcuffed, and arrested for disorderly conduct and obstruction.

He was taken to jail ... and later posted bond.

And Undertaker is appearing at Starrcast during Double or Nothing weekend:

https://twitter.com/SI_wrestling/status/1096155649669500928

up_the_hampipe

Hopefully Uce won't get punished for his arrest. The Usos are too good and that incident is too insignificant.

Ja'moke

Nothing happened to them when Jey got arrested for a similar incident this time last year.

hummingofevil

Seriously though:

ケニー・オメガ

Took me two days to learn. Its fucking cool.

Moribunderast

I guess it's to be expected but the Facebook comments sections for any post AEW put out that mentions Nyla Rose are fucking depressing. Hopefully the transphobic cunts throwing their toys out of the pram stay the hell away from the shows.

Have we talked about Ibushi signing exclusively with New Japan? There's a part of me that's disappointed because him in AEW would have been great but, as a fan of NJPW, I don't want to see the roster too gutted and Ibushi signing means they can finally push him all the way. I need things like Ibushi/Okada for the IWGP Title in my life.

hummingofevil

This is really important.

I was in London at weekend at party with a load of lovely but cool types from all over the world and my wrestling fanship was a massive source of intrigue. Once we got past the obvious one fella of Iraqi family origin who lives in Berlin said he would love it if I took him to a show in Germany because he's seen posters up for local indies.

"I'll try not to get murdered." he joked.

I can take all the piss taking going about wrestling being a fake complete waste of everyone's time but was genuinely upset by that. When I explained that actually most indie wrestling yis a hotbed of egalitarianism where the fans are actively anti-homophobia etc he was genuinely taken aback.

TBF to WWE they play this game but it's a reality that a. nobody outside of THE UNIVERSE actually watches and those who do think it's all a gimmick (which TBF it is in part - Sonia Deville in Total Divas is an objectively good thing but it always comes across as PR)

hummingofevil

Cont.

AEW is not alone as being genuinely committed to the ideals of egalitarianism and equality. Is it a marketing gimmick? Maybe. Are they replicating what already exists in indie promotions? Yes. Is it a gimmick? Possibly but it's genuine as fuck. Say what you want about Dusty but he navigated the lines in racist territories decades ago to get black people over as faces. Small victories in hindsight but imagine how fucked up that was at the time. Black people getting cheered in fake sports in racist America.

Brandi. Gets it. Cody gets it. We get it. Can't wait.

And this.

https://twitter.com/kennyomegamanx/status/1095909499330715648?s=21

Moribunderast

The thing that depressed me so much with the Nyla Rose comments I was reading is that so many were complaining about having an agenda "shoved down our throats" when the opposite is true. Sonny Kiss and Nyla Rose debuted at the press conference but the company didn't (and still hasn't) gone on some self-indulgent PR campaign hyping their trans wrestler and gay wrestler - they're just living their mission statement of being inclusive. I know social media is a hotbed of cunts but it's still saddening to see so many people feel compelled to vent their hatred at the mere existence of these performers. It must be really disheartening for the AEW team to be reading such comments from their "fans". No doubt they don't want such people anywhere near their product and I would generally trust the audience to self-correct if anyone actually yelled something dumb at an event.

Anyway, Elimination Chamber seems like a right shitshow outside of the men's Chamber match, huh? Though I am gleefully anticipating the women's tag match - those competitors going at it for 30 minutes in an Elimination Chamber... oy. What are the odds of injury here? I can easily imagine Sasha doing something stupid in a quest to make the match good.

hummingofevil

This is literally all that matters

https://twitter.com/thebrandirhodes/status/1095804873503842305?s=21

AEW (like many other companies) has made the point explicit that they not putting up with any of this shite. It's like any other gathering of humans where there will be cunts but they laying it out now that if you want to be an AEW fan then you buy into this stuff, if not, fuck off. I approve massively.

At Wrexham FC we are a fan owned club in industrial town but got a very clear policy on all this stuff, even as football club with 150 year history. Had issue few weeks ago with a handful of racist cunts in crowd and instead of falling in on ourselves the fans identified the pricks, got them thrown out, changed some simple policies and brought in a tiny bit of extra security. I commend them hugely on actions

In summary, anyone acting up at AEW show will hopefully get slapped of booted out. I approve.

up_the_hampipe

Apparently WWE Confidential is going up on the Network this month. Finally!

hummingofevil

If anyone fancies anything completely different I only realised today how cheap DDT subscription is and you get a free month. It also included the Tokyo Jyoshi women's promotion and its all a good laugh. Signing up was fairly easy and works out at a fiver a month or something. If you like your wrestling shit but really fun give it a go.

The navigation on the on demand video appears to be totally random, the screen grab photos are not actually from the clips and you get some fucking funny google translations for the names of everything but I've spend way to much of my day randomly watching stupid shit. The "sauna match" is a good place to start.

hummingofevil

And if you do take up my advice may I recommend watching the very first Tokyo Jyoshi shows. They are only 15 mins long and are just on crash mats in a studio space. Not sure exactly WHAT it is but its like mat wrestling / Judo style and its mesmerising.

Ja'moke

up_the_hampipe

No surprises about Corey, but I expected better from Carmella. Still, dragging that out all over social media is trashy.

Ja'moke

Yeah, posting the suicide message in particular is pretty... wow. But let's not distract from the fact Corey is a cunt. Also, his "WWE will sue you" response is tremendously childish.

up_the_hampipe

His unravelling over this past year has been extremely disappointing. I would say this is the nail in his coffin, but I wouldn't be surprised if he just gets the Bray Wyatt "respect for hittin that" response.

BeardFaceMan

He's always been a bit off. The thing that set alarm bells ringing for me was when he was on a podcast, might have been Renee Youngs, and she was interviewing another woman, might have been around the time #metoo broke, and Graves actually started a sentence with "Speaking as a man that understands women..." That's a huge red flag right there, no big suprise to find out he was virtue signalling.