Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 01:58:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Wrestling Thread: the New Generation

Started by Z, July 26, 2018, 09:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ja'moke

Liv Morgan's real name is Gionna Daddio - better than wrestling name #4

mikeyg27

Dean Ambrose's real name is Jonathan Good. Not sure whether that's better or not, TBH.

Anyway, if you wondered what Neville PAC was up to during his gardening leave, I think he spent some time in the gym:

No more of that Wellness Policy bullshit.

New Jack

Blummin eck Nevs (Benjamin Satterley) you look well.

As for real wrestler names, I enjoyed Nuufolau Joel Seanoa vs Allen Neal Jones

- Jerry Young

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 11, 2018, 12:26:56 AM
Liv Morgan's real name is Gionna Daddio - better than wrestling name #4

I think one of her social media names used to be WhosYourDaddio, which is pretty good.

Also, Pac looks horrific but I admire it.

Utter Shit

Dolph Ziggler's real name is Clint Hardbastard.

Emma/Emmalina's real name is Tenille Dashwood, so you can have that at #5

Ja'moke

I just rewatched the 2016 men's Survivor Series elimination match. What a fantastic match. It went almost an hour yet it didn't lag at all. So many individual stories going on throughout it between the Jericho/Owens list stuff, the Ambrose/Styles feud, Orton/Wyatt, the Ellsworth helping eliminate Strowman moment, mini Shield reunion, and so on.

Last year's mens match was shit in comparison with all the bullshit with Triple H and Angle.

up_the_hampipe

Are they going to do this "Smackdown invades Raw and vice versa" angle every year? I get that Survivor Series is about the two brands competing, but it seems silly that in November both rosters decide to start jumping each other, then they carry on being civil for another year.

Still, Bleedin' Becky was pretty cool. They have to change her music though.

Brock finally got to throw the Singh Bros around. I hope they didn't die.

Ja'moke

The blood just made Becky look even more badass: https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1062193791619207168

A year ago, hell, even six months ago, I'd never have thought they'd book Becky this strong again, but since Hell In A Cell she's been killing it and they've been letting her roll with it. Yeah she's most likely losing to Ronda, but that's going to hurt Ronda more than it is Becky (as in, the crowd could turn against Ronda and she'll be unable to get rid of that heat).

Dannyhood91

Becky is pretty much the new stone cold. Love it.

up_the_hampipe

Quote from: Dannyhood91 on November 13, 2018, 01:55:20 PM
Becky is pretty much the new stone cold. Love it.

Haha, I think people need to chill out on that comparison.

Deanjam

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 13, 2018, 10:28:19 AM
The blood just made Becky look even more badass: https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/1062193791619207168

A year ago, hell, even six months ago, I'd never have thought they'd book Becky this strong again, but since Hell In A Cell she's been killing it and they've been letting her roll with it. Yeah she's most likely losing to Ronda, but that's going to hurt Ronda more than it is Becky (as in, the crowd could turn against Ronda and she'll be unable to get rid of that heat).

I think the crowd turning on Ronda is inevitable. They've wisely only had her face women that the fans won't resent her beating (Steph, Alexa, Nia, Bellas) but her beating Becky by submission could start the rot.

At least it looks like AJ will beat Brock.

Deanjam

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 13, 2018, 01:56:37 PM

The hype is reaching obnoxious levels. Still it'll probably settle down eventually,  just like Rusev-day.

Timothy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on November 13, 2018, 01:56:37 PM

Yeah, she's nowhere near that level.

Not a big Becky fan. She's alright.

New Jack

I can't get over Ronda's awful, non-menacing music nor her raccoon makeup. If she had some NWA and it played all the way through her matches, now, that's the ticket

Hope Becky fuckin does her, like. Probably won't though. I dunno. Not like Styles is gonna pin Lesnar.

Raw will probably 'avenge' Shane winning the World Cup thing. I dunno, just trying to book as obnoxiously as I possibly can, so I may be right

Timothy

Becky isnt even remotely a threat to Rousey. Rousey has to win.

Deanjam

Ronda's definitely winning. The Raw segment pretty much confirmed it. I'm also certain AJ is beating Brock.

New Jack

If AJ beats Brock I won't mind not one bit but if not I'll have to get a job with WWE so I can whisper in Vince's ear, 'you're making the UFC look better than sports entertainers!'

Problem with these interbrand matches is they don't do much for either superstar really. And it's the one time WWE won't do parity booking

Every match a draw or count out would be hilarious.

Deanjam

The problem with the gimmick is there is no stakes. No titles on the line and who gives a shit about brand supremacy. The only storyline they set up last year (Braun vs. Trips) they just ignored.

Ja'moke

Well, I like it. I dunno. I know brand supremacy doesn't mean anything, but I still get a kick out of the Raw v SD matches and the invasions. Although what the fuck is that Raw women's team?? I mean, I think Ruby is great, but yeah, Smackdown is surely winning that one.

Early predictions:

AJ will beat Brock due to Strowman shenanigans.

Rousey will beat Becky.

Raw men will beat SD.

SD women will beat Raw.

SD tag teams will beat Raw (Raw's tag division is a joke).

AOP will beat The Bar.

Rollins will beat Nakamura.

EDIT: Actually, a big part of why I enjoy Survivor Series is because there is lots of points up for grabs in the monthly PPV prediction league I do with my mates. Trying to predict the elimination order/soul survivors, etc, is fun.

mikeyg27

Quote from: Deanjam on November 13, 2018, 04:29:49 PM
The problem with the gimmick is there is no stakes. No titles on the line and who gives a shit about brand supremacy.

I prefer BRAND SUPREMACY over feuds randomly needing a 5v5 elimination match because reasons. The brand split definitely reinvigorated Survivor Series as a tentpole show (it seems odd in retrospect that they only ever did Raw vs Smackdown once during the original split, but then I guess that was the point of Bragging Rights). I'd quite like some stakes somehow too but there's nothing wrong with it being an all-star game, and there's no need to add an extra PPV to the schedule.

The stakes I've seen suggested many times for Survivor Series is that the winning brand should get entrant #30 in the Rumble, but that's not possible now because it's going to the winners of Mixed Match Challenge.

New Jack

Ja'moke

QuoteAccording to Fightful, Lynch suffered a broken nose and concussion during the Raw vs. SmackDown scrum Monday night and has officially been ruled out for Survivor Series. WWE has yet to release a statement or make new plans for Ronda Rousey, Lynch's scheduled opponent.

Ugh.

magval

John has lost some weight, grown his hair a little, and aged 15 years in reverse.

Ja'moke

Your Barstool Sports man (who had correct info about Roman taking time off, plus Cena & Bryan pulling out of Crown Jewel) is now reporting Charlotte will face Ronda at Survivor Series: https://twitter.com/robbiebarstool/status/1062490721813438464?s=21

Does that mean we can get Becky v Ronda at WM?

Also, same guy is saying tonight's main event is going to be must watch stuff.

New Jack

Quote from: Ja'moke on November 13, 2018, 11:52:16 PM

Also, same guy is saying tonight's main event is going to be must watch stuff.

It's Smackdown, so unlike Raw it's WILL watch stuff!

They'll probably do a repayment Raw Invasion angle. Just to further cement their actual Invasion angle was botched.

I do like the interbrand stuff. It does add actual context... Just a shame its always just a bragging card for fussing, feuding McMahons.

Re: Becky. I expected Charlotte vs Ronda was the Mania match, but if they're swapping Becky and Charlotte that will be just fine. As that means they have to keep booking Becky well - she's a great tweener, WWE seem gunshy about faces who act like geeks - and Charlotte, imo anyway, is already a star.

If they hadn't have fucked Asuka up I'd have loved to see Ronda work with her.

Ja'moke

Ja'moke

Glad they didn't make Becky vacate the title. Her picking Charlotte as her replacement made sense to me.

Now let's see if Bryan is winning the title and facing Brock?!!